Busy Or Not?

ProfessorFart

I seem to be seeing conflicting reports about Pattaya. Some say its busy some say its quiet!! :o

Just how busy is it there at the moment and how is room availability?

I'm going to be arriving on Saturday afternoon for the piss up after a 17 hour trip and the last thing I need is to have to trawl around Pattaya looking for a room.

I seem to be seeing conflicting reports about Pattaya. Some say its busy some say its quiet!! :o

I'm going to be arriving on Saturday afternoon for the piss up after a 17 hour trip and the last thing I need is to have to trawl around Pattaya looking for a room.

From what I see, Pattaya and especially Jomtien, are nothing like as busy as they normally are at this time of year. This "high season" thing could become a local folk tale. You should be able to find a room easily.

Cheers guys!

I'm sure I'll get somewhere easily enough. I just don't fancy having to drag myself around a load of places after being on the go for 17 hours!

ever thought about booking first? :o

Sure, pre-booking and pre-paying is fine for the larger hotels but it's not possible to do this with the smaller hotels, guest houses, apartments, condos and all of the thousands of other rooms.

Edited by Artisan

Cheers guys!

I'm sure I'll get somewhere easily enough. I just don't fancy having to drag myself around a load of places after being on the go for 17 hours!

ever thought about booking first? :o

Sure, pre-booking and pre-paying is fine for the larger hotels but it's not possible to do this with the smaller hotels, guest houses, apartments, condos and all of the thousands of other rooms.

Well, booking at guest houses has always worked for me. :D

Edited by chuchok

Indeed! I emailed about 10 places but got no reply! I'll keep plugging away!

Try a call or fax.For some reason, I find that many Thai companies will not answer unsolicited e-mails.

Best excuse I got from a company that I had sent 4 e-mails to was "Solly, e-mail full, I don answer any more." :o

Well, booking at guest houses has always worked for me. :o

Yes, I'm sure that it did but that's because these guest houses had plenty of vacant rooms at the time. Whoever accepted your "booking" would forget your name instantly. Try that during a busy time and, when you arrive, you could be disappointed.......a cash paying customer standing at the front desk beats a potential no-show customer any time.

Yes, I'm sure that it did but that's because these guest houses had plenty of vacant rooms at the time. Whoever accepted your "booking" would forget your name instantly. Try that during a busy time and, when you arrive, you could be disappointed.......a cash paying customer standing at the front desk beats a potential no-show customer any time.

On this trip get some cards from different hotels in your preferred area.....then about 2 weeks before your next trip call them up....

On this trip get some cards from different hotels in your preferred area.....then about 2 weeks before your next trip call them up....

Please read my post again....it's the same thing. Even if you call them to reserve accommodation the day before you anticipate arriving, if you haven't prepaid then be prepared to be told they know nothing of your reservation, especially if the place is full. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" or cash at the front desk is worth more than a telephone promise. Please believe me...it's true, especially in Pattaya.

I don't know what your talking about. I live here, but when I used to come here for a vacation, I always pre booked on the internet, and never had to pre pay. What area do you want to stay in? I'm afraid if you do not pre book, you will either AS not find a room, or B find a room at big price. quite a few of the hotels in Pattaya are full with people from Europe.

Barry

Dont know what the problem is. There are always nice rooms available at the Lovely Homes motel off Soi Naklua or Pattaya Nua. At 4.50b a night, it gets you started till you find somewhere more suitable for you. I have spent many a pleasant night there, when I had imbibed too much Chang. :o

Dont know what the problem is. There are always nice rooms available at the Lovely Homes motel off Soi Naklua or Pattaya Nua. At 4.50b a night, it gets you started till you find somewhere more suitable for you. I have spent many a pleasant night there, when I had imbibed too much Chang. :o

How about the Day and NIght Inn , the one with the balcony's!

A friend who lives outside Pattaya, decided to have a good p--up and stay the night there. He got a room in the pig and whistle no problem. That was on the 14th, Sat. There are stacks of places with vacancies. :D