Firefox Updates

Jessi

Yesterday I got an auto update for firefox and since then my computer has been going crazy. I uninstalled and re installed firefox but its still crazy. Anyone else having problems with firefox?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using Chrome at the moment and no problem its only with FF.

offtopic:

I thought the Topic Title was self explaining enough "Firefox Updates" so it has nothing to do what so ever with Chrome.

Ontopic

OP it mainly could have something to do with Flash

Here is an Webpage from Firefox which explains how to go back to Flash 11.2 (although that version is a bit unsafe)

https://support.mozi...ash-113-crashes

Edited by MJCM

try starting Firefox without addons (safe mode) and see if things are ok. If they are you will then have to disable one addon after another to see if the problem is there. I had to get rid of Ghostery after the last update, things were then ok

Yes, my FF 3.** went nuts a couple of days ago, although I have "no updates" turned on. I did not recently add any addons, although I have a few. I have been seeing warnings on lots of sites warning about my version of FF not being compatible .. it is. I see what I want to see just fine.

It keeps crashing, asking if I want to send a report. I'm also pretty fed up with Chrome not letting me use google.com and instantaneously reverting to .th. I may switch to IE. Maybe I'll try Safari. How do I tell the idiots that I know what I'm doing and to just leave me the f*** alone!

offtopic:

I thought the Topic Title was self explaining enough "Firefox Updates" so it has nothing to do what so ever with Chrome.

Ontopic

Here is an Webpage from Firefox which explains how to go back to Flash 11.2 (although that version is a bit unsafe)

Ahhh .. I did get a flash update a few days ago. Thanks, MJCM.

Have used Firefox since the first edition. Never a problem, ever. Sometimes it takes another update before my add-ons work, but no big deal. I don''t mix and match browsers, or use two at the same time. Hate Microsoft internet explorer, so never open it.

But no problems with firefox. On the Beta channel.

Ahhh .. I did get a flash update a few days ago. Thanks, MJCM.

Interesting enough and that is release 13.0.1 main purpose was to correct for Adobe Flash crashes. What release # did FF update to?

http://securitygarde...sses-adobe.html

http://securitygarde...es-firefox.html

Seems it is the Adobe protected mode that may been an issue. Might try setting ProtectMode = 0 in Flash.

offtopic:

Ontopic

My post is not off topic????????????? I have stated that with chrome NO PROBLEM on with FF.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, my FF 3.** went nuts a couple of days ago, although I have "no updates" turned on. I did not recently add any addons, although I have a few. I have been seeing warnings on lots of sites warning about my version of FF not being compatible .. it is. I see what I want to see just fine.

It keeps crashing, asking if I want to send a report. I'm also pretty fed up with Chrome not letting me use google.com and instantaneously reverting to .th. I may switch to IE. Maybe I'll try Safari. How do I tell the idiots that I know what I'm doing and to just leave me the f*** alone!

downgrade ur flashplayer,then it will be ok,i had same problem,googled a bit and saw im not alone
  • Like 1

offtopic:

Ontopic

My post is not off topic????????????? I have stated that with chrome NO PROBLEM on with FF.

Thanks for your help.

Where did I say that your post was off topic ??

I just used off topic to mark my comments. 1 as being off topic and 1 as being on topic

:wai:

offtopic:

Ontopic

offtopic:

The way I read it your saying that my post is off topic.

I've been using FF a long time. I had history, bookmarks etc going back ages.

Somewhere around FF 10 anything with stored data went goofy, like they re-wrote the database. Eg deleting 20 entries from History took several minutes, which normally takes seconds.

I'd been keeping the whole profile dir, and things always adjusted to new releases, and I have lots of add-ins. But this time I had to restore personal data from a backup. Since then things are back to normal.

Maybe if someone has been updating since the sigle-digit releases at some point they may have to re-install to adapt to the later releases.

I've learned to hack the add-in files to keep FF from complaining, and only 1 or 2 of them failed to run in the higher releases.

I consider Chrome and Firefox to be the best browsers available. I'm glad we have a choice between two great products.

That doesn't mean that they don't have problems. I am now back using Firefox as my default browser because Chrome got glitchy on me. I had recently changed from Firefox to Chrome for that same reason. It appears, at least to me, that a new version of either browser works great for a few weeks then it starts having problems. And, yes, I do clean the catche and once in a while delete ALL my cookies.