Cover Up? Australian Kickboxer 'Savagely Bashed In Phuket'

webfact

it depends upon which news source you are getting this story from, as his parents claim he was left for dead, while the police believe he had a motorbike accident. the supposed place he was assaulted is well-lit and busy - there's a club, a few restaurants and a row of girlie bars. i believe if he was bashed about and left for dead, someone would've seen it.

i hate to say this, and people can pick this apart all that they want, but it's been over-emphasized that he is a prize winning muay thai fighter. motorbike accident turned to publicity stunt? i wouldn't put it past any muay thai fighter that comes here ...

Wake up to yourself. Have a look at the picture of him in his hostpital bed. Do you see scrapes and abrasions all over his body that would be consistant with a motorbike accident. All the trauma is in and around his head. The prime target for any bashing. Your post is a failure. 1zgarz5.gif

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I worked in the emergency department of a large hospital and from my experience I can tell you that it is not possible looking at his injuries to say he was not in a motorbike accident. It is entirely possible that he was thrown from the bike and into another object head first. Usually yes there is a lot of road rash in motorcycle accidents but not always.

He would have to land eyes-first since the rest of his face is almost unmarked. I don't work in A&E but I have biker friends, several of them are now riding around on the same type of wheelchair I am using for my MS. I find it amazing that anybody riding helmet-less, would come off the bike at speed and land eyes-first on a soft object that bruised eyes, but didn't smash nose or pierce the eyes.

There are all sorts of odd injuries that result from a vehicle collision. Governing factors, are velocity, angle of impact, physical condition of the injured party etc. I was waiting at a red light on my bike when I was clipped by a speeding car that ran the light. I ended up with similar black eyes, and a fractured arm. My face looked like I had been in a fight. I had been hit from behind and landed face first on the pavement.

it depends upon which news source you are getting this story from, as his parents claim he was left for dead, while the police believe he had a motorbike accident. the supposed place he was assaulted is well-lit and busy - there's a club, a few restaurants and a row of girlie bars. i believe if he was bashed about and left for dead, someone would've seen it.

i hate to say this, and people can pick this apart all that they want, but it's been over-emphasized that he is a prize winning muay thai fighter. motorbike accident turned to publicity stunt? i wouldn't put it past any muay thai fighter that comes here ...

Wake up to yourself. Have a look at the picture of him in his hostpital bed. Do you see scrapes and abrasions all over his body that would be consistant with a motorbike accident. All the trauma is in and around his head. The prime target for any bashing. Your post is a failure. 1zgarz5.gif

Not really. I have seen vehicle impact subjects that looked fine on the outside, but on the inside, their organs were jello. I have also seen kids that took a spill off their skateboards that looked like they had been dragged for a city block. Every collision presents its own set of circumstances. My gut feeling is that this may indeed be a beating related to his ring activities, but a gut feeling is not enough to claim what happened.

Edited by geriatrickid

There are all sorts of odd injuries that result from a vehicle collision. Governing factors, are velocity, angle of impact, physical condition of the injured party etc. I was waiting at a red light on my bike when I was clipped by a speeding car that ran the light. I ended up with similar black eyes, and a fractured arm. My face looked like I had been in a fight. I had been hit from behind and landed face first on the pavement.

Right but this guy doesn't have injuries consistent with you being clipped from behind at the lights and tumbling onto the pavement. He's got arm, vertibrae and skull damage and brain damage, which would not happen to you when you fell down onto the pavement, especially for a young fit man like this guy is.

It is the total sum of his injuries, either it was a high speed crash that caused all the other injuries, which doesn't explain how he got black eyes because if he had been helmetless he would be dead or have more serious facial damage than just black eyes.

All the head injuries imply he was stamped on while laying on the ground, the cracked eye-socket is classic 'crushing' injury which accompanies that type of kicking. The other injuries allso imply a serious beating or alternately the type of high speed crash that would have killed him outright.

Maybe it was a deal gone wrong, either drug or some other type. steroid, yaba, that of course is pure speculation, and baseless.

Or perhaps he was seeing a girl he shouldn't have been.

Regardless I wish him well, he is lucky to be alive.

I hope he recovers well, that may be the end of his career as a muay thai fighter though.

and so the half arsed speculation starts again....unless you hard facts that the person concerned was involved in any sort of illegal drug use....please keep those sort of hair brained theories to yourself...the family may be reading TV and a I am sure they dont need any more stress than they are facing right now...and certainly dont need from some key board detective wannabe who is making it up as they go along

The guy himself doent know what happened...We all know riding bikes in Thailand is a dangerous business, did he get beat up....maybe/maybe not.....did he crash his bike maybe/maybe not.....at this point in time nobody knows...

Who made you the forum police mate, this is a internet forum, I'll post what I like, I'm sure if I contravene a rule, and a moderator has a problem with it, it will be er... moderated.

Re read the post, this is what happens on the internet, discussion, speculation.

Don't like what I post stiff Sh*t!

Edited by ShanePashen
  • Like 1

Maybe it was a deal gone wrong, either drug or some other type. steroid, yaba, that of course is pure speculation, and baseless.

I hope he recovers well, that may be the end of his career as a muay thai fighter though.

and so the half arsed speculation starts again....unless you hard facts that the person concerned was involved in any sort of illegal drug use....please keep those sort of hair brained theories to yourself...the family may be reading TV and a I am sure they dont need any more stress than they are facing right now...and certainly dont need from some key board detective wannabe who is making it up as they go along

The guy himself doent know what happened...We all know riding bikes in Thailand is a dangerous business, did he get beat up....maybe/maybe not.....did he crash his bike maybe/maybe not.....at this point in time nobody knows...

Who made you the forum police mate, this is a internet forum, I'll post what I like, I'm sure if I contravene a rule, and a moderator has a problem with it, it will be er... moderated.

Re read the post, this is what happens on the internet, discussion, speculation.

right on

• Like 1

Just looking at his arms / elbows and i see no marks and if he came of a bike there would be marks to the arms / elbows i'm sure if i''m not mistaken.. Also around his neck looks odd and it seems like he been throw a headlock or had his shirt pulled leaving marks to the neck ..

ri6ded.jpg

Edited by Notstupid30
  • Like 1

well just for some perspective the same thing happened to a friend of mine. he's thai & this happened in chiang mai.

he couldn't remember details but was beaten up by some bikers at an intersection, they kept kicking his head & pretty much left him for dead. its one year on and he is still not fully recovered, and the guys who did it were never caught even though there is a traffic camera at this intersection. obviously somebody didn't want them to get caught.

TIT. It's terrible but this sort of thing doesn't just happen to farang and doesn't just happen in Phuket. as we don't know the circumstances .... we'll have to stick to wild speculation! clearly.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

@Jimi007

re the insurance

Yup....it's not clear........a Facebook appeal looks like desperation though. I don't want to condemn without knowing the facts, but anyone living in Thailand without accident and emergency cover is taking a ridiculous risk.

oh dear....a hissy fit....whistling.gif ...I specuate you need to stay off the 'roids....thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

@Jimi007

re the insurance

Yup....it's not clear........a Facebook appeal looks like desperation though. I don't want to condemn without knowing the facts, but anyone living in Thailand without accident and emergency cover is taking a ridiculous risk.

I think you would be suprised how many foreigners living here actually dont have any form of insurance...medical or otherwise, rather irresponsible living in a 3rd world country without access to free medical servicee etc

Just looking at his arms / elbows and i see no marks and if he came of a bike there would be marks to the arms / elbows i'm sure if i''m not mistaken.. Also around his neck looks odd and it seems like he been throw a headlock or had his shirt pulled leaving marks to the neck ..

ri6ded.jpg

Please please please resize your photos before posting.

Big difference between reasonable discussion and baseless speculation.

• Like 1

Big difference between reasonable discussion and baseless speculation.

So what?

I said that in my original unedited post!

It's a failure because???? i wasn't discrediting anything, just stating what i had read. you "wake up to yourself" and do spell check to make sure you grammar is correct.

Please please please resize your photos before posting.

Note taken also if the pictures are resize not easy to see the marks more clearer maybe you need to invest in a decent monitor..

It's a failure because???? i wasn't discrediting anything, just stating what i had read. you "wake up to yourself" and do spell check to make sure you grammar is correct.

Oh dear the English Nazi's have just woken up !!!whistling.gif

Yes miss...he will write his spelling mistakes out 100 times....whistling.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

Note taken also if the pictures are resize not easy to see the marks more clearer maybe you need to invest in a decent monitor..

By clicking on a resized photo one can enlarge it. But this way you're screwing up the lay out of the whole page with my very decent sized monitor, let alone for people looking at this with any kind of mobile.

Before foreigner used to commit suicide, from now they will have bike accident.

Just show pictures of the scene accident and of his bike? For any honest forensic it will be the easiest case to solve.

But you have yet to found a honest cop in phuket...

• Like 1

Mr Ketley has lived in Phuket with his parents for the past three years and is a full-time muay thai boxer training with the Sumalee Boxing Gym in Thalang.

According to the gym’s website, Mr Ketley started muay thai when he was 17 years old and then moved to Northeast Thailand to continue his training when he was 18.

Clearly this guy is to successful, you can't have an Aussie beating Thais coffee1.gif

In 2009, Mr Ketley returned to Phuket and was sponsored by Tiger Muay Thai. During his time there, he won eight of his nine fights.

In 2010, he won the WKBF Australian Lightweight title against Chris Kearney.

After a brief stint fighting for Phuket Top Team, he moved to his current gym.

Thailand better get its shit together soon or they will be facing empty rooms this coming high season. 60 year old women getting stabbed to death and kickboxers getting bashed in and then collusion by police to cover it up do not bode well with travel agents. Too many other nice places around, peple will take the alternative....

Take the law into your own hands, time to bring out the heavy artilliery

post-84328-0-63885600-1340342955_thumb.j

Secondary issue.......what's this Facebook fund all about? Was this guy in Thailand without travel insurance?????

I'm not judging him as I can't deduce if he was or not, however anyone traveling to Thailand without insurance is a nutter.

He lives in Thailand. Travel insurance would not be valid. Presumably, no medical insurance.

You have a strange idea of publicity. Thai motorcyclists have been known to try it, but for the usual . . . money.

Secondary issue.......what's this Facebook fund all about? Was this guy in Thailand without travel insurance?????

I'm not judging him as I can't deduce if he was or not, however anyone traveling to Thailand without insurance is a nutter.

Perhaps you didn't read:

Mr Ketley has lived in Phuket with his parents for the past three years and is a full-time muay thai boxer training with the Sumalee Boxing Gym in Thalang.

But he should have had accident insurance. It's very inexpensive from local banks...

And very limited . . . TiT. Besides which, it seems doubtful it was an accident.