Anyone Know The Lpg Pump Locations Around Phuket?

buzzer

Hi,

My car is LPG equipped, and I'm new to the area. Can anyone tell me where I can get my LPG tank filled? They are usually well marked, and plentiful in BKK and Suphanburi, where I am moving from. However, I took a 40+ km drive yesterday and didn't see any. Certainly didn't find any between where I live - Kamala - and Central Festival. Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough.

Any local information would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Buzzer

very few lpg stations around the island. one out on the main road past Talang and another near the Mission hospital, I think) and that new place on Chaofa West neat Wat Chalong.

I found Wat Chalong on my smart phone. Also Talang - the main road past Talang - I would assume to be Thep Karsattri, and I'm assuming that 'going past' means traveling from Phuket City to the north?

There's a Jaofa 42 which seems to be the same road that runs past the Wat, which intersects with Chao Fah Tawan Tok - Highway 4021. So I guess I have some driving around to do.

Plus one by the airport.

Slightly off-topic. Is there any such thing as long-term parking (2-3 weeks) at the airport. I think I know the answer to this one already.

Thanks for your help!

Buzzer

Or the parking next door to the airport which is meant to be free?

Ref LPG if you have a very large tank 150L + then i would have thought the long time between re-fills would make the lack of stations less of an issue . One problems I had with my Merc in the UK was that as the gas has to reach a certain temperature before it starts being used in the winter for the first 10 mins the car would run on Petrol. For city driving that meant it would run on petrol most the time. Maybe here it would start on gas every time?

I wouldn't park there for a longer time, people might think the car has been abandoned.

I know a guy (one of our members) who used to park at the airport car park for months at a time, repeatedly. Tells me he never had a problem other than the bird shit.

I wouldn't park there for a longer time, people might think the car has been abandoned.

I know a guy (one of our members) who used to park at the airport car park for months at a time, repeatedly. Tells me he never had a problem other than the bird shit.

Yes, for a longer period of time I would also park at the airport parking lot, not at the one next door.

Well, I filled up with LPG by Mission Hospital and got a taxi to drive me to the airport, so my minibus is parked in long-term parking in my driveway. I'm in the process of moving from Suphanburi to Kammala. I'm on the way to a room in BKK now then to Suphan to arrange my stuff for shipping.

Thanks a lot for the local info. It sure helped a lot.

Thanks,

Buzzer

very few lpg stations around the island. one out on the main road past Talang and another near the Mission hospital, I think) and that new place on Chaofa West neat Wat Chalong.

Few? Are you kidding? I can think of at least 3 along Tepkrasatrri road alone - One near supercheap, two at Ban Liphon - including the Caltex station.

Thanks again!

There should be enough stations that I can fill up when I'm close to one of them. It's still cheaper - even with an upgrade to a 6 cylinder from a 4 cylinder diesel - even considering that it's slightly more expensive here than in BKK.

To answer one thing in a previous post. I have to start it using gasoline/petrol, but can immediately change it to LPG. This is done automatically when the tachometer reaches 2,500 rpm. The last tank of gas lasted me a year. No problems of it having to warm up in the heat of Thailand.

Thanks!

Buzzer

ps: I'm sure I'll have more questions in upcoming months. I'm so grateful for the replies you all have provided,

Thanks again!

There should be enough stations that I can fill up when I'm close to one of them. It's still cheaper - even with an upgrade to a 6 cylinder from a 4 cylinder diesel - even considering that it's slightly more expensive here than in BKK.

To answer one thing in a previous post. I have to start it using gasoline/petrol, but can immediately change it to LPG. This is done automatically when the tachometer reaches 2,500 rpm. The last tank of gas lasted me a year. No problems of it having to warm up in the heat of Thailand.

Thanks!

Buzzer

ps: I'm sure I'll have more questions in upcoming months. I'm so grateful for the replies you all have provided,

Yeah thought that would be the case here. England the gas was constantly too cold.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my list of LPG stations in Phuket area I managed to discover so far (a Google map with points/coordinates).

[maps]/maps/ms?msid=201175085384552110477.0004c3ddeaf7ecdda1f79&msa=0&ll=7.9945,98.349136&spn=0.568454,1.056747

Sorry, I cannot post links here, so please copy-paste it to your browser address line and replace [maps] with google maps address (maps(dot)google(dot)com) in the beginning.

I'm aware of at least two more stations missing on this map (one is near airport, another is close the Sarasin bridge), I will add them as soon as I get exact locations.

Everyone is welcome to add new points on the map, it is open for editing.

Thanks for watching.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Been busy moving here, but now that I have some time I just wanted to thank everyone for replying to this topic. Very helpful information! I have the locations marked on my phone - thanks for the link!

Buzzer