Chalerm Vows To Get Rid Of Mafia In Thai Tourism Businesses Within 3 Month

webfact

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Thai academics have researched and published books on the state of play in Chonburi province including Pattaya. The truth is spine chilling.

How Chalerm could make such extraordinary claims is astonishing.

OK I'll bite. What is the spine chilling truth?

Must be a misquote.....

Not, mafia will get rid of tourism business within three months? :rolleyes:

Nice idea but my experience will never happen , he will be cutting the heart out of business dealings. Anyone who has a business in Thailand knows you must pay if you want processes and approvals to occur. So it not just about the jet ski or bb it is about all levels of local and state government approvals.

Personally I think knowing that if you pay you will most likely get your permits and licences within the required time is a good thing.

What needs to occur is tourist awareness programs . Awareness to how to reduce your risk of being ripped of is more likely to have a positive effect. I suspect it will be like bar closing times everyone complies for a week or two maybe even longer then we go back to the all ways.

Good luck

Immediate nationwide minimum wage increase to 300 Baht, Eradicate Poverty in 6 months, Drug dealers will cease to deal drugs the moment Puah Thai (Thaksin) takes office, rice sales guaranteed price increase, etc... ad infinitum.

Throw this one on the heap... and wait for nothing to happen, which is the Puah Thai standard.

Probably true.

Krab pom. Are you on drugs again, maybe better to ruzip.

Your readers have brains and are not rice paddy workers krab.

You are talking k@k@.

You can't even clean up the corruption on Phuket let alone the whole of Thailand?

Now back to your home and TV channel3 for the soapy's.

Wow, that's fast, so I take the respective commission has already been set up by him?

One idea that may help:

in Myanmar, everyone who steals from foreigners / tourists is sentenced to 5 years of heavy labour.

How about introducing that in Thailand?

I am sure it would send a shock-wave through Thailand, even if only coming from the mouth of Chalerm.

Edited by pepi2005
  • Like 1

"Attending the one-hour meeting were the governors of Phuket, Ayutthaya, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, Sukhothai, Tak and Kanchanaburi."

where was the Pattaya governors...???

Thats because Pattaya is crime free, laugh.png

Just another pronouncement from the toothless tiger. This goombah continues to impress, with the number of promises that go unfulfilled. Where were the governors of surat thani, and pattaya? These are two of the most corrupt areas. I cannot think of one area that is untouched by corruption in samui. The mayor there is lining his pockets daily. There is zero intention to go after the taxis who charge 500 baht, for 3 km! This has been going on for years. Farengs are regularly assaulted on the beaches for refusing to pay 100,000 baht for causing no damage to a jet ski owned by a mafia punk who is immune to any action by a toothless police force who are simply revenue collectors. Farengs are regularly extorted by local police in koh phangan out of 100,000 baht for possession of one joint of ganga. Nothing will change, and the Lerm will continue to spout his nonsense.

Wow, that's fast, so I take the respective commission has already been set up by him?

One idea that may help:

in Myanmar, everyone who steals from foreigners / tourists is sentenced to 5 years of heavy labour.

I am sure it would send a shock-wave through Thailand, even if only coming from the mouth of Chalerm.

Yes, a shock wave would be putting it mildly. It may have been 20 years since a tourism operator has been held responsible for a crime against a fareng. Sometimes, it almost feels like it is encouraged!

One idea that may help:

Yes, a shock wave would be putting it mildly. It may have been 20 years since a tourism operator has been held responsible for a crime against a fareng. Sometimes, it almost feels like it is encouraged!

Where would they put them all?

I believe the fine for bothering a tourist is In Thailand is 1,000bt.. Allot of scammers pre pay.

Edited by pauljones

There is only ONE way to fix any of this and that is there must be the political will NOT JUST talk , honest cop's and back it up with actions NOT study's.

Police are at least 50% of the problem as they are the other mafia just in uniform and ALL on the take from the top cop's down to the traffic cop's

To fix the problems in ( 90 days ) thats a joke!!! more like to end tourisum in(90 days).

no it's working, I saw him out on Patong beach today, he was clearly explaining to Jet ski renter, that the Canadian

girls did not damage the ski and it was damaged beforehand.

I asked him where he was going, and he said up the road to take care of some tuk tuks drivers he heard we overcharging.

It was very inspirational to see his blue cape flapping in the wind, as he briskly made his exit yelling "up up and away",

there was almost a tear in my eye.

• Like 2

Why don't you all hold the wise comments and see what he does first?

How about because what he is saying is complete BS? The USA was stupid enough when GW Bush announced a "Global War on Terror" and acted surprised 8 years later when that war hadn't been won. Ambiguous objectives coupled with enumerated goals spells BS loud and clear. There is not even a shred of evidence yet that there has been any substantive study of how deep the problem is or how adamantly any attempt to correct it would be met. Just announcing an investigative panel to address those 2 questions first, before putting forth a timetable would go a long way towards convincing me he is sane.
  • Like 2

It is a step forward allbeit a small one. At least he is admitting there is a problem.

In fairness he says we will see an improvement in three months.

We all know to irradicate the tourist mafia he would need a bigger mafia.

I can see farang leaving here in their masses in the near future. The recent attacks etc have tipped the scales. The danger has started to outweigh the freedom.

Should read ; When the risks (danger) outweighs the benefits (all the girly entertainment and good food)

It's only words. Keep the Guv ball rolling. Dismiss it. They talk Mafia, so why are there so many Eastern Europeans (Russians) with businesses. Surely it's easy to weed them out and send them back, or is that too easy. Yes it is easy, but there are many hi-so and not so hi-so on a salary. whistling.gif

Chalerm .......... Please don't insult my intelligence .....

th_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gif

th_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gifth_PigFly.gif

Thailand is so full of it !!

I see the news tonight regarding the complete disregard for human trafficing and the plight of Mayanmar refugees working in factories on the outskirts of Bangkok. These factories supply goods to Walmart for god sake ... what does that tell you ...

Is anyone in this world actually serious about helping poor people and there plight or am I correct that 90% of corporations don't really give a shit ... it's all about $$$$

oh .. sorry ..of coarse it is.