Chalerm Vows To Get Rid Of Mafia In Thai Tourism Businesses Within 3 Month

webfact

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gov officials of all descriptions and rank should take note that 'C' words are most important..Confidence gained from the public in them can only be achcieved through Clear and Consise actions..i.e positive action with real results against the obvious Corruption which will give them Credibility.

Seems a few steps have been missed here..Hmm..maybe this fiasco is a necessary stage in development here? I really wish this Country the best of luck in dealing with this as nothing else can move forward untill it has been sorted.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung Friday has vowed to get rid of the mafia groups in the tourism business within three months.

He said local officials would have to crack down on these gangs or he would visit the provinces himself to deal with the problem.

A guy like this would scare the shit out of any gangstas.......

"Within 90 days, the people and tourists will see that the situation has improved," Chalerm said.

Is this freak now on "Lao Khao?" wai.gif

I shot the sheriff, but i didn't shot the deputy.

Edited by sirchai

IS THIS A JOKE? Why not just start with Bangkok first just to show that he is sincere starting with the mafia taxis at the airport and then the guys outside the Grand Palace and Wat Po and also the so called "guides" at Silom , outside the Erawan Shrine etc. OH Pleeze....he cannot do anything! Its all corrupted Police and Govenment Officials behind this all. What everybody should do is to write back home to your local media and community and friends and tell them to boycott coming to thailand and also buing Thai products and lobbying their governments against any support for thailand to ensure that things change.

Also what about the government and private mafia that does double enter fee charging ie one price for thais and another for foriegners like the Oceanworlds at Paragon, the parks etc.

IS THIS A JOKE? Why not just start with Bangkok first just to show that he is sincere starting with the mafia taxis at the airport and then the guys outside the Grand Palace and Wat Po and also the so called "guides" at Silom , outside the Erawan Shrine etc. OH Pleeze....he cannot do anything! Its all corrupted Police and Govenment Officials behind this all. What everybody should do is to write back home to your local media and community and friends and tell them to boycott coming to thailand and also buing Thai products and lobbying their governments against any support for thailand to ensure that things change.

Also what about the government and private mafia that does double enter fee charging ie one price for thais and another for foriegners like the Oceanworlds at Paragon, the parks etc.

I have noticed some of the well dressed scammers on the corner of Wireless take breaks in the air-con police box.

For example, Phuket faces problems with unlicensed taxis and local mafia overcharging tourists for beach seats and jet skis, Chalerm said.

He said local officials would have to crack down on these gangs or he would visit the provinces himself to deal with the problem.

Are they so blind to see, that it all begins and ends in the government department called POLICE....laugh.png without official help and renegade cops, it probably would be paradise....

excactly , they cant see the wood for the trees , ..............it is the hub of crackdowns though !

They are cops on plain-clothes duty setting up a sting. What else could it be?

I have noticed some of the well dressed scammers on the corner of Wireless take breaks in the air-con police box.

I'm just glad we are off to blighty on the 3rd of July hopefully before the shooting escalates, bye bye chalerm best of luck sorting out your family.

When you get there remember to lock your doors, keep the alarm turned on and don't let the kids play in the street eh. smile.png

no streets where i live in uk and have'nt locked the doors since ww2, alarms would just spoil the tranquility when set off by deer and other wildlife, so no worries there, just can't wait for hassle free living again, maybe in ten years thailand will come out of the dark ages and we will return, anyone want to rent a nice 4 storey shophouse in kathu, phuket, 20,000baht a month.
  • Like 1

Quit grandstanding! Before that ever happens I believe him and his family will be six feet under. Before you get rid of the Mafia it would mean you got to resign your own membership. All is happening here is getting the Mafia to tone down their activities to not be so obvious to everyone that means going underground. And to go underground for the Mafia there has to be a incentive $$$$$.

hear hear crazy.gif

Words words and reality. How do you kill a dragon that has been fed for ages? Or how do you erradicate corruption that prevails in the police? It is commonly known to both Thai and Farang the feeding grounds of these touts! Jet ski rackets and you would end up with the mayor... Careful!

I'm just glad we are off to blighty on the 3rd of July hopefully before the shooting escalates, bye bye chalerm best of luck sorting out your family.

When you get there remember to lock your doors, keep the alarm turned on and don't let the kids play in the street eh. smile.png

no streets where i live in uk and have'nt locked the doors since ww2, alarms would just spoil the tranquility when set off by deer and other wildlife, so no worries there, just can't wait for hassle free living again, maybe in ten years thailand will come out of the dark ages and we will return, anyone want to rent a nice 4 storey shophouse in kathu, phuket, 20,000baht a month.

Don't care where you live. You don't read the UK news much, obviously. If it was that good why come to LOS ?.

I think i already see his plan in action, and i am not joking.

For a month there were cops on 3 rd road every single day, stopping every single bike and giving out fines to every single person like it was candy.

I mean they fined every single person, no matter what people showed them-license, green book, insurance etc, still got fined.

After Chalerm vowed to stop the mafia, those police have not come back, so its almost 1 month of every single day "work" and now gone.

blink.png , sorry i am in the wrong topic, this topic is about getting rid off mafiagiggle.gif

As much as Thailand needs for what Chalerm is preaching, it ain't going to happen.

It would be a sight to see if they started bulldozers at the Dolphin Circle end of Pattaya Beach and flattened everything all the way down to the Bali Hai pier.

Edited by KeyserSoze01

As much as Thailand needs for what Chalerm is preaching, it ain't going to happen.

It would be a sight to see if they started bulldozers at the Dolphin Circle end of Pattaya Beach and flattened everything all the way down to the Bali Hai pier.

what is wrong with Dolphin Circle ? and everything else down to Bali Hai?

no streets where i live in uk and have'nt locked the doors since ww2, alarms would just spoil the tranquility when set off by deer and other wildlife, so no worries there, just can't wait for hassle free living again, maybe in ten years thailand will come out of the dark ages and we will return, anyone wannt to rent a nice 4 storey shophouse in kathu, phuket, 20,000baht a month.

Don't care where you live. You don't read the UK news much, obviously. If it was that good why come to LOS ?.

If you don't care why quote my post rodney, I've been living in thailand quite happily for 12 years and love the country but i've finally grown weary of all the corruption, violence, scamming and general LOS(lack of smiles) and am heading back to civilisation to regain a bit of sanity for a few years and as i said hope to return in the not too distant future when i look forward to spending another 20 years here, so don't be such a plonker and mind your business.

These support groups that are being paid by the members of Parliment and the opposition party must be having a competition to see which group can get there sugar daddy to make the most unattainable prediction. They must sit in coffee world or Starbuck's killing themselves laughing at what they just got one of those moron's to say, or predict.

Death free Songkran. Removal of the Mafia (Moron's Against Future International Acceptance) from Tourism, A Government sponsored contingent from Samui didn't even bother to make an apperance (probably were not invited) because they would have had to leave their Water & Land Taxi, Thai Boxing, Jet ski, buffalo & Cock Fighting businesses to attend. Every Taxi on Samui has a Meter Taxi sign on their roof but not one that I know of will use the meter. They all want 100 Baht per 100 meters up to a maximum of 500 baht unless you are drunk, stoned or it is late at night and you have young children then you are open season.

Can you imagine what we would be hearing if (like the movie where Jim Carey could not lie and had to tell the true) was applied to the Thai members of parliment. (or any polititioner around the world.) Silence.

"Attending the one-hour meeting were the governors of Phuket, Ayutthaya, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, Sukhothai, Tak and Kanchanaburi."

where was the Pattaya governors...???

They were afraid to go since the Russians are in their pockets alreadycoffee1.gif

Don't forget the Patong Tuk Tuk mafia.

Still at least paying more for a short tuktuk ride than for an air conditioned metered taxi makes me fitter. I walk further than I otherwise would; not because i save money in the long term because I reward myself with an extra beer, but at least I don't feel ripped off.