What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

Paragon is still open as far as I know, also I think Silom is still open, not sure about the one at The Avenue on Chaengwattana.

Perhaps the whole chain has just closed down on orders from the bank. The staff looked puzzled and upset yesterday. They seemed just as shocked as we were.

Edited by tropo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...anyway, can't sit around and mope. I'm heading down to Fairtex for a casual workout. Tomorrow I'll give Tony's "amazing" plastic gym a whirl. I had a walk around in there just after noon and my goodness - it's hot in there.

...anyway, can't sit around and mope. I'm heading down to Fairtex for a casual workout. Tomorrow I'll give Tony's "amazing" plastic gym a whirl. I had a walk around in there just after noon and my goodness - it's hot in there.

That's strange, since I notice loads of aircon compressors in front of the gym along 3rd road.

Do you think they are broken ? whistling.gif

It continues to amaze me that people who buy long term memberships in these things are always upset when they go bust.

History will show all around the world countless gym's that have gone belly up.

Actually I am not upset, I was just wondering if the closure is a permanent thing due to its financial troubles or just a temporary electrical glitch.

Most of us who paid life memberships and have used it for the last 5 years like I did, the cost came to USD150 per annum in my case. It was good while it lasted!

Have you given the Universe Gym a go?

It continues to amaze me that people who buy long term memberships in these things are always upset when they go bust.

Actually I am not upset, I was just wondering if the closure is a permanent thing due to its financial troubles or just a temporary electrical glitch.

Most of us who paid life memberships and have used it for the last 5 years like I did, the cost came to USD150 per annum in my case. It was good while it lasted!

You are absolutely right about that,and I'm in the same situation. Paid 15000 Baht more than 4 years ago so I got my money worth and couldn't have had a better deal somewhere else.

Another thing however is that I by coincidence walked around their place Wednesday night and one of the new sales staff that didn't know me approached me to sell a membership.I noticed it was quite busy inside the seating area so maybe they succeeded with someone.

I wonder what the feeling and reactions will be with one who paid for any membership that day, only to discover that the club is permanently closed less than 48 hours later.

That amazes you, does it? How should people react when they turn up for a workout only to find the doors closed?

That's strange, since I notice loads of aircon compressors in front of the gym along 3rd road.

Do you think they are broken ? whistling.gif

No, I don't think they are broken. They just don't turn many on. Couple that with the huge airspace in there - a tin roof with no insulation and plastic "walls" and you've got a pretty good approximation of a sauna.

That amazes you, does it? How should people react when they turn up for a workout only to find the doors closed?

Well when it is well publicised that the gym in question has financial difficulies and is closing down it's operations they should react like they aren't surprised?

Especially when they know that several outlets have already shut down?

Edited by PattayaParent

I went there yesterday and felt very deflated when i saw everything closed.The fact that i lost money is irrelevant.The gym was very convenient for me.

Now the only choice i have is back to Tonys.Fairfax is to far away and there weight selection is limited

It's maybe 7kms from Fairtex to Tony's 3rd Rd @ Soi 17 (probably less actually).

Well when it is well publicised that the gym in question has financial difficulies and is closing down it's operations they should react like they aren't surprised?

Yes, I'm not surprised. I'm still upset though.

Just imagine you've been going to the same gym for 3 years, nearly everyday, then it suddenly closes... and you know there's no good alternatives in town... perhaps then you may understand some people getting upset.

Just imagine you've been going to the same gym for 3 years, nearly everyday, then it suddenly closes... and you know there's no good alternatives in town... perhaps then you may understand some people getting upset.

+1 - My feelings exactly - I thought it was a great place to go and train; I've been almost everyday since joining (when in Pattaya).

I can understand you being upset that you're local / favourite gym has closed but what makes it so special that you HAVE to go there over anywhere else? ( speaking as a fat slob that used to exercise but only needed a pair of trainers and somewhere to run and a place to throe some weights around).

I can understand you being upset that you're local / favourite gym has closed but what makes it so special that you HAVE to go there over anywhere else? ( speaking as a fat slob that used to exercise but only needed a pair of trainers and somewhere to run and a place to throe some weights around).

Maybe because Tropo amongst other members bought a membership many years before there was any news of the company going broke?

pattaya parent i have a house on pratumnak hill.So a quick ride down the hill swing right go past one set of traffic lights and i am there.Faritex is much further away if you are traveling when it is busy and you have numerous lights to pass

Yeah, but it still not a long way to 'ride' and if you were to run it instead it you'd be imrpoving your cardio workout?

Maybe because Tropo amongst other members bought a membership many years before there was any news of the company going broke?

I remember when California Wow set up in Pattaya and there was already talk of it going broke,

Edited by PattayaParent

I remember there is negative news about every start up in Pattaya.

But California Wow is not your normal 'start up' company is it?

More like an international franchise like McD? 7-11? etc?

The irony is maybe that McDonalds hold a significant amount of shares in Cawow.