What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

Have you thought about asking if you can bring your own pedestal fan with extension? I used to do this at a gym in the Philippines. They let me store it there.

I would feel funny but not a bad idea. I basically bought a high power fan for our condo complex and makes workouts there enjoyable. Now if the huge Russians and Farangs would stop breaking the base board I could just run there. As for Tony's, the answer is money. Payoff the manager to move 1 fan so it covers a treadmill. Done it before and probably will do it at his new location. I live 20 minutes away so maybe I won't.

I do like this new gym and wish it was closer. The market across the street is a nice plus.

Tony's at Jomtien is kind of quaint. It's apartments converted into a 3 level gym. If their treadmills are up to speed it would an easy, low key place to bring a fan and I'm sure the manager would be happy to help you out.

This is my favorite and is managed well. Actually I think the manager does most the work because the staff just watches TV. Regardless, she keeps it clean and tries to resolve customer issues. They have 2 new Life Fitness TM's and AC (not enough) but no fans cover the TM's. I personally angled one but it slide back to center gradually. It gets busy in the morning and early evenings and hard to get a fluid workout.

They also have a relaxing sauna and cold water pool on the 4th floor. Not my thing but cool nonetheless.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***BREAKING NEWS****

The ladyboy sale rep from Cali Wow now works at Central at The Skin Doctors on the 3rd floor. I had signed up just before the closure and she went to the ATM and refunded me 15000THB in cash! I didn't come right out and say it but he apologized for pocketing the money knowing long before that they gym would be closing and the refund was prompt. I suggest anyone else who has fallen victim to this same scam to go see the ladyboy there.

***BREAKING NEWS****

The ladyboy sale rep from Cali Wow now works at Central at The Skin Doctors on the 3rd floor. I had signed up just before the closure and she went to the ATM and refunded me 15000THB in cash! I didn't come right out and say it but he apologized for pocketing the money knowing long before that they gym would be closing and the refund was prompt. I suggest anyone else who has fallen victim to this same scam to go see the ladyboy there.

How did you find out that he pocketed the money? I'm sure he didn't offer this himself.

***BREAKING NEWS****

How did you find out that he pocketed the money? I'm sure he didn't offer this himself.

This sounds impossible. You got a 15000 baht refund from a ladyboy.... Impossible.........Im surprised if anyone would be lucky to get a 100 baht refund off them..

• Like 1

***BREAKING NEWS****

He sure did because he fears for his job loss at the skin clinic and his life being endangered. He was so apologetic but begged I not make trouble for him as he just started his new job. I've sent 2 friends who joined with me to get their refund. One is a board member. Good luck TH.

***BREAKING NEWS****

He sure did because he fears for his job loss at the skin clinic and his life being endangered. He was so apologetic but begged I not make trouble for him as he just started his new job. I've sent 2 friends who joined with me to get their refund. One is a board member. Good luck TH.

so are you saying the last few weeks of pattaya wow the staff was just pocketing the payments? that is what it sounds like when you say she went to the ATM and got the cash out...

so are you saying the last few weeks of pattaya wow the staff was just pocketing the payments? that is what it sounds like when you say she went to the ATM and got the cash out...

I don't think he said that. All he said was that this particular staff member had pocketed the money from his membership. This looks like a case of very good luck, nothing more.

Edited by tropo

I don't think he said that. All he said was that this particular staff member had pocketed the money from his membership. This looks like a case of very good luck, nothing more.

I'm not sure its very good luck for the lady-boy sales rep ? sad.png

Someone on this thread appears to be quite opinionated and often not correct. Though they do a good gym review. wink.png

You're a regular Einstein bro. Most comments on here are opinions. Have you considered offering something of value to the thread instead of cheap shots at other members.

You're never been a member of California Wow because it's too cold for you, and you live in England. What's up there?

• Like 1

Tony KHA TALO is good because there is no dual pricing there and it's 49 thb for everyone !

You're talking about daily rates. I don't believe there is any dual pricing for daily rates in any of his gyms.....

Could you give us a run down on how good Tony's at Soi Kao Talo is... besides the price?

(By default I don't get excited about any of Tony's gyms - and I currently train in 3 of them)

If I was going to make the trek down to Soi Kao Talo to train (again), I would bypass Tony's and head down the road a bit to Castra. That's a basic gym but well laid out with plenty of space and well maintained.

Edited by tropo

• 2 weeks later...

any new news?

Just called Chiang Mai and they are open so if you travel up north it may be worth keeping your membership active. I have a 750 annual fee on my all club VIP membership and was told I will need to drive to Bangkok to pay or Chiang Mai. I don't expect any of the clubs to be open by early nest year. Too much legal baggage and it isn't going to disappear until there are zero assets left to go after.

CaWoW is still closed, and Tony's has know two gyms on soi buakhao, the new one is next to the small market near pattaya klang

Thanks. I'll google for the new one. What's your opinion of it?

You can read some reports about this gym back on this thread.

any new news?
Just called Chiang Mai and they are open so if you travel up north it may be worth keeping your membership active. I have a 750 annual fee on my all club VIP membership and was told I will need to drive to Bangkok to pay or Chiang Mai. I don't expect any of the clubs to be open by early nest year. Too much legal baggage and it isn't going to disappear until there are zero assets left to go after.

Who knows what they will or won't do from day to day, but when Silom closed I called "customer service" and they extended my yearly all gym membership by one year with no fee as it was the gym I joined at.

I just read a Bangkok Post article that said they are still debiting the credit cards of members who joined at gyms other than Paragon. Amazing that they can get away with that.

Edited by ricklev

CaWoW is still closed, and Tony's has know two gyms on soi buakhao, the new one is next to the small market near pattaya klang

Thanks. I'll google for the new one. What's your opinion of it?

You can read some reports about this gym back on this thread.

Thanks tropo. I'll go back and have a look, but, it's a huge thread now. Might take a while. :) :)

Just a quick question to the mod/s - is 871 posts over 35 pages a record for a thread in a general forum?

Just a quick post, which is slightly off topic, but does anyone know of any any reasonably priced hotels on Beach Road, Second Road, or any of the Sois that run between the two, that may have a small gym as part of the facilities. I don't need much, maybe a treadmill and a few free weights and preferably air-conditioned.

As mentioned in a previous post, I will be in Pattaya for a visit to catch up with some friends, just before doing a visa run, and would like to do a few maintainance sessions.

Just a quick post, which is slightly off topic, but does anyone know of any any reasonably priced hotels on Beach Road, Second Road, or any of the Sois that run between the two, that may have a small gym as part of the facilities. I don't need much, maybe a treadmill and a few free weights and preferably air-conditioned.

As mentioned in a previous post, I will be in Pattaya for a visit to catch up with some friends, just before doing a visa run, and would like to do a few maintainance sessions.

Metropole on Soi Diana Inn has an ok gym for that purpose, but it would be more economical to get a cheaper hotel and pay 49 or 90 baht for a daily workout Tony's Soi Buakhao gyms.

Metropole on Soi Diana Inn has an ok gym for that purpose, but it would be more economical to get a cheaper hotel and pay 49 or 90 baht for a daily workout Tony's Soi Buakhao gyms.

Thanks Tropo. Since California Wow closed, I stayed on Soi Buakhao and used that little gym, BUT, no air-conditioning, "Oh My Buddha" it was hot in there.

Just posting for some more options.

Thanks Tropo. Since California Wow closed, I stayed on Soi Buakhao and used that little gym, BUT, no air-conditioning, "Oh My Buddha" it was hot in there.

Unfortunately both Soi Buakhao (Tony's) gyms have no air-conditioning. You could go down to the 2 main Tony's gyms on 3rd road and pay 220 baht per workout. They have air-conditioning, but rather limited still. Go when overcast or after sunset. Fairtex on Pattaya Nua has better air-conditioning at 300 baht per workout.

Metropole runs at about 1500 baht per night right now and they have an air-conditioned gym with weights and cardio machines. I checked it out for a friend that had the same requirements as you. The 5-star hotels all have nice gyms but you'll be paying around $200 or more per night for the privilege to use them.

Edited by tropo

Unfortunately both Soi Buakhao (Tony's) gyms have no air-conditioning. You could go down to the 2 main Tony's gyms on 3rd road and pay 220 baht per workout. They have air-conditioning, but rather limited still. Go when overcast or after sunset. Fairtex on Pattaya Nua has better air-conditioning at 300 baht per workout.

Metropole runs at about 1500 baht per night right now and they have an air-conditioned gym with weights and cardio machines. I checked it out for a friend that had the same requirements as you. The 5-star hotels all have nice gyms but you'll be paying around $200 or more per night for the privilege to use them.

Do any of 5 star hotels allow non-guests of their hotel to workout?

Edited by KhunHeineken

I'm not sure. You could try A1 Resort... maybe give them a call.

As far as I know most of these places allow access for non-residents.

The Dusit charges 300 baht per workout. This is including water, towels, locker, use of sauna and steam and also use of one of the pools. Not a bad deal I think.