What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presume reopening after this length of time is not a matter of just reopening the shutters. Staff would have found alternative employment etc.

Maybe, just maybe something might change next week

Changing staff would not be a bad thing, in fact it would be a good thing. New blood - new enthusiasm. Having the old, unpaid staff walking around with sour faces would not help.

Edited by tropo

Ok had a look, but not much to report. The Cali wow sign is flashing for the first time in weeks. There are some lights on the outside of the building that are not normally on.

Inside the shutter is still down, the front desk is coated in dust and there are some lights on in the lobby area.

No idea what is happening, but they have got power to the building unlike before...

This should be CAWOW's new slogan: The light's are on but nobody's here!!!! biggrin.png

Can you imagine the shock and horror if they reopen again. I'll be down there in a shot to pay my 700 baht monthly fee... (which will really upset the moralists on here).

I agree with you.If the electric was turned on than probably something has changed as a result of the court meeting from last Wednesday, and we only can hope that there is a reopening soon.

It sounds very quiet from the Seadoo side, don't you think?

I'm overseas on business

It sounds very quiet from the Seadoo side, don't you think?

Yeah, Seadoo is the man who knows exactly what's going on. He's friends with the manager of The Avenue and he claimed he knows who's waiting to take over the area but he remains tight-lipped about that.

Hi guys I think if it does open, They will have to charge you more than 700 baht a month for life time members. Im just saying that they will need to repay there 90 million debt with interest not just worry about paying the rent and electricty. I feel this 700 will go up to 1200 very soon. When they do more analysis of there financial situation.

Hi guys I think if it does open, They will have to charge you more than 700 baht a month for life time members. Im just saying that they will need to repay there 90 million debt with interest not just worry about paying the rent and electricty. I feel this 700 will go up to 1200 very soon. When they do more analysis of there financial situation.

Many members forced to try the opposition over the last month will be running down there to pay it.

Many members forced to try the opposition over the last month will be running down there to pay it.

That is very true...we are all just waiting to get back to Calwow.

That is very true...we are all just waiting to get back to Calwow.

Too true thumbsup.gif

dam_n if it reopens it will be a big dilemma, cough up the 700b monthly fee or work out in a sweatshop tongue.png

Worked out in the plastic tent yesterday and while it is still too hot they had all the fans and ac units on and it was noticeably cooler inside than outside. There were also some new fans in place. Not ideal but still better.

Hey guys. Any news? Did they reopen? I seriously need to start again. My blood sugar has gone up again. My lower back is killing me. And I start to look bigger at my wife's eyes...

I do a daily bicycle ride to the lighthouse and then hike up Pratamnak hill to the lookout. Welcome to join for a good sweat.

• Like 1

sounds ridiculous....Maybe they should pay their bills....

clubs have been closed illegally.....

we still have an ongoing dispute.....

I smell a conspiracy against Calwow, all landlords in different cities cut water and electricity....where is my tinfoil hat

But seriously:

Business as usual in Thailand: They try to blame sombody else for their own failures, it's one of these "loss of face" idiot things...

Edited by Turkleton

Customers, staff to sue failing fitness centre

BANGKOK: -- A consumer protection foundation yesterday encouraged customers of once-popular California WOW to register complaints with it so that lawsuits could be filed against the firm for the return of membership fees.

Story here:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/578844-california-wow-customers-staff-to-sue-failing-fitness-centre/

Customers, staff to sue failing fitness centre

BANGKOK: -- A consumer protection foundation yesterday encouraged customers of once-popular California WOW to register complaints with it so that lawsuits could be filed against the firm for the return of membership fees.

Story here:http://www.thaivisa....fitness-centre/

Looking at the previous post, and this one, I guess we're in a: there's some good news / bad news situation smile.pngsad.png

Well it was strange to be training back at California Wow this morning, Esplanade BKK did indeed reopen today. I was the only customer on the premises for the 2 hours I was there which was surreal! It does not bode well, but was a nice experience to have a whole gym of CALWOW size to yourself. Air con was at full power, escalators running, stereo was cranked up to a higher level than normal, there was only minimal staff, a receptionist, manageress and a one guy cleaning. No PT or sales staff. I really hope they can keep it open and turn the business around as it is a great gym.

I would say it is a positive indication other branches may reopen soon, although if they cannot get customers back through the doors people buying memberships the whole operation is doomed.

Please for the love of God, Budha or whatever rocks your boat will someone talk to Tony about the lack of AC and the idiotic placement of fans over his cardio equipment. Somebody surely knows him that can direct him to this thread.

My condo treadmill needs to be repaired so tried to do my interval session on 3rd road (not the tent). The idiotic gyms AC units have slowly deteriorated the last 3 years. Now only one unit works in the large cardio room which cools it down to 85. Now add that we are in the tropics and the perspiring people exercising. It must be close to 100% humidity.

I had to stop my workout because I was throwing sweat on other members. There is only one treadmill that can hold 12 mph without shutting down or slipping. It is in the hottest corner of the gym with a fan that blow directly over your head and offers zero cooling.

The petite Thai girls do there thing and barely break a sweat but I'm not there to walk 2 mph like the girls or for that matter to run 8 mph. I joined Tony's and California Wow to use the treadmills for my 2 to 3 tough runs each week because they are gentler on my not so young legs.

I'm willing to buy my own fans and probably could find enough members that would gladly share the cost of AC units. This is ridiculous and getting worse. Three years ago his 3rd road gym was not cold but definitely comfortable.

Edited by siamamerican

I hear Universal Gym is pretty crowded now. Refugees from CWOW? Owner talks of expansion; 'course by the time he does, CWOW will reopen or True Fitness will move in.

CWOW can neither service their debt nor pay their bills.

CWOW's days are numbered.

If you want top class facilities, you have to be prepared to pay top class prices.

Please for the love of God, Budha or whatever rocks your boat will someone talk to Tony about the lack of AC and the idiotic placement of fans over his cardio equipment. Somebody surely knows him that can direct him to this thread.

My condo treadmill needs to be repaired so tried to do my interval session on 3rd road (not the tent). The idiotic gyms AC units have slowly deteriorated the last 3 years. Now only one unit works in the large cardio room which cools it down to 85. Now add that we are in the tropics and the perspiring people exercising. It must be close to 100% humidity.

I had to stop my workout because I was throwing sweat on other members. There is only one treadmill that can hold 12 mph without shutting down or slipping. It is in the hottest corner of the gym with a fan that blow directly over your head and offers zero cooling.

The petite Thai girls do there thing and barely break a sweat but I'm not there to walk 2 mph like the girls or for that matter to run 8 mph. I joined Tony's and California Wow to use the treadmills for my 2 to 3 tough runs each week because they are gentler on my not so young legs.

I'm willing to buy my own fans and probably could find enough members that would gladly share the cost of AC units. This is ridiculous and getting worse. Three years ago his 3rd road gym was not cold but definitely comfortable.

Tony appears to be very egotistical, you think he would want to have the BEST gym in Pattaya, not an assortment of poorly maintained sweat gyms with broken down equipment. It doesn't make him look good.

• Like 1

Tony appears to be very egotistical, you think he would want to have the BEST gym in Pattaya, not an assortment of poorly maintained sweat gyms with broken down equipment. It doesn't make him look good.

You would think so, but it's a nice little earner for him, with minimal re-investment. sad.png

• Like 1