What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

Do any of 5 star hotels allow non-guests of their hotel to workout?

As far as I know most of these places allow access for non-residents.

The Dusit charges 300 baht per workout. This is including water, towels, locker, use of sauna and steam and also use of one of the pools. Not a bad deal I think.

That's a great idea. A lot better than paying $200 per night in an expensive hotel just to workout.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of 5 star hotels allow non-guests of their hotel to workout?

As far as I know most of these places allow access for non-residents.

The Dusit charges 300 baht per workout. This is including water, towels, locker, use of sauna and steam and also use of one of the pools. Not a bad deal I think.

Thanks Halfaboy. Can you look at the below two links and tell me which "Dusit Hotel" in Pattaya you are talking about?

http://www.dusit.com...ni-pattaya.html

http://www.dusit.com...da-pattaya.html

I'm hoping it's the "dusitD2 Hotel" as that's in the area I normally stay around.

If any other members have trained there, any opinions/reviews/advice would be appreciated.

Edited by KhunHeineken

It's the first one (http://www.dusit.com...ni-pattaya.html

The entrance is close to the rondabout at the end / beginning of Second Road.

It's a nice place, be it somewhat dated. Furthermore the ceiling in parts of the gym might be somewhat at the lower side.

Just have a look around and decide.

Happy workout !

Edited by Halfaboy

I have been using the LK Metropole gym this week. I quite like it. Limited on equipment, just depends if you have the know how. Has free weights, assured bench and a multi gym. 3/4 running machines, cross trainer, Air con, showers and also a massage chair.

It's 100baht a day, includes the swimming pool, sauna and steam room! They say they don't provide towel, but the cleaner gives me a small towel and the security at swimming pool gives me a towel also.

Staff are very friendly. It's a pleasure to go to. Always a smile.

Food is good as well.

I wouldn't advise this gym to a meat head, but for someone who keeps fit, enjoys a swim and to relax by a pool!

Thanks for reading.

I wouldn't advise this gym to a meat head, but for someone who keeps fit, enjoys a swim and to relax by a pool!

Thanks for reading.

That's a pretty dumbass comment. By "meathead" I guess you're referring to the more serious amongst us?.. there's quite a few of us on this thread, myself (the OP) included.

Edited by tropo

Thanks for reading.

That's a pretty dumbass comment. By "meathead" I guess you're referring to the more serious amongst us?.. there's quite a few of us on this thread, myself (the OP) included.

Sorry.

Yes I mean the more serious gym goers.

It's more of a fitness centre than a gym.

I have been using the LK Metropole gym this week. I quite like it. Limited on equipment, just depends if you have the know how. Has free weights, assured bench and a multi gym. 3/4 running machines, cross trainer, Air con, showers and also a massage chair.

It's 100baht a day, includes the swimming pool, sauna and steam room! They say they don't provide towel, but the cleaner gives me a small towel and the security at swimming pool gives me a towel also.

Food is good as well.

Thanks for reading.

just to clarify, you DO NOT have to be staying at The LK Metropole Hotel and can just roll up, pay 100 baht and use the gym and pool?

Thought I would ask because you said the food is good and it sounds like you are staying there.

Food is good as well.

Thanks for reading.

just to clarify, you DO NOT have to be staying at The LK Metropole Hotel and can just roll up, pay 100 baht and use the gym and pool?

Thought I would ask because you said the food is good and it sounds like you are staying there.

Walk in, go to reception, tell them you want to use fitness, 100 baht.

I wonder if these places are owned by the same person or group.

I don't think it matter much. I predict a big fail.

I had a look behind the California Wow shutter a few days ago. Nothing has been moved. It's still ready to fire up again.

I had a look behind the California Wow shutter a few days ago. Nothing has been moved. It's still ready to fire up again.

I'm not too familiar with the Thai Court system. I'm sure it takes quiet a while to get to a hearing, but you would think a Court injunction, pending a hearing, could be applied in a timely fashion. I read that electricity is being withheld from the business, surely a Court order would cover this as well, but then again, TIT.

Anyway, I'll give The LK Metropole Hotel a try, so, thanks to those members who posted info on some alternatives.

Talking about a WoW since the electricity has been off the smell coming from CFW is really bad - smells like an old persons sweaty armpit - even the Phone Shop people near the entrance have complained - seems the air con was certainly masking the sweat of many.

Talking about a WoW since the electricity has been off the smell coming from CFW is really bad - smells like an old persons sweaty armpit - even the Phone Shop people near the entrance have complained - seems the air con was certainly masking the sweat of many.

I suspect that all the sweat/bacteria/moisture in the carpet/cushions has been baking like a turkey since the power has been turned off and the mold/fungus has been having a field day. If the power gets turned on, the place will need a huge scrubbing or most/all of the carpet will need to be replaced. Inhaling mold/fungus spores is not healthy for anyone.

Apparently the Central Bankruptcy Court is expected to make a ruling by the end of this month.

http://www.bangkokpo...890/wow-no-more

It does seem with all the people that are lined up with serious complaints, that border on just flat out theft..that any chance of our beloved club re-opening their doors to the current members is over. The only thing we can hope for now is a new operator coming in and giving the club a good scrubbing and re-opening the doors as a new club with a new name. I for one, will be happy with that and am willing to pay a fair yearly membership to train there and take advantage of the yoga as well.

Edited by ericg1953

Apparently the Central Bankruptcy Court is expected to make a ruling by the end of this month.

http://www.bangkokpo...890/wow-no-more

It does seem with all the people that are lined up with serious complaints, that border on just flat out theft..that any chance of our beloved club re-opening their doors to the current members is over. The only thing we can hope for now is a new operator coming in and giving the club a good scrubbing and re-opening the doors as a new club with a new name. I for one, will be happy with that and am willing to pay a fair yearly membership to train there and take advantage of the yoga as well.

I'm not based in Pattaya, but visit every now and then. I have been to this Califonia Wow in the past.

The only way I can see it being viable, if/when it reopens, is to put all long term members on a monthly membership, paid in advance.

I don't think people would have confidence, at this stage, to purchase a yearly membership, and who could blame them? A reasonable monthly membership would attract all previous customers back, whilst offering them the security of only losing a month's fees if it closes again. This would still provide good cash flow for the operator and allow consumer confidence to slowly return.

It's a shame that all that good equipment is sitting there doing nothing.

A reasonable monthly membership would attract all previous customers back, whilst offering them the security of only losing a month's fees if it closes again. This would still provide good cash flow for the operator and allow consumer confidence to slowly return.

I don't think they would attract "all previous customers back". They'll probably only get a few. Most of the serious previous members have already invested in a new gym membership elsewhere.

Update please, all branches closed?

The Siam Paragon branch in Bangkok is still open, but I'm told it's the only one.

Chiang Mai? I'm driving tomorrow to Bangkok to pay my anual 888 bt so I can use the club in Chiang Mai. Any info would be appreciated and I posted in the Chiang Mai forum days ago and no help at all.

Paragon has stopped towel service so I think it's just a matter of time before complete closure.

True Fitness is opening soon at old Silom location and they have signs in windows inviting people to call and join.

you mean True Fitness is opening the old California Wow Silom location??

Let's hope True Fitness will open in Pattaya where CA Wow was located. There is so much potential- a no brainer for this company,. (But I read on this forum where the owners of the Avenue expect the past debts from CA Wow to be paid off by who ever moves in????)