What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

1699 includes VAT. I have not asked their hours but I heard they open at 8 am so you are probably right. I used he gym for the first time today. Everything functional except sauna and steam rooms which will be operative by month end. No trainers there. Just a nice gym for workouts.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1699 includes VAT. I have not asked their hours but I heard they open at 8 am so you are probably right. I used he gym for the first time today. Everything functional except sauna and steam rooms which will be operative by month end. No trainers there. Just a nice gym for workouts.

many thanks for the info...

do they only operate on the 2nd and 3rd floors of Liberty Square on Silom? or do they still have the upper floors (level 12?) as in the old California gym?

Crush must improve their marketing to attract more members. On Sunday afternoon I was the only one using facilities but there were 5 employees there ! I asked when they were going to turn on the hot water for showers and was told this will probably happen when they officially open at end of this month.

I am still a California member but no towels and declining maintenance at Paragon make me wonder how long they will be around. Crush has lots of equipment and a great location. Price seems reasonable and it's a 5 minute walk from home for me. Reducing the gym size to 2 floors without first floor entrance should make the overhead expenses affordable. I would be very surprised if they are not a success.

Getting back to Pattaya for a moment... I had a peak through the grills this morning and it doesn't appear that a single sole has been through there. The counter still looks as it did the day it closed on July 13 but covered with thick dust and the smell of mold is overpowering. It's going to take a lot of work to clean up.

Getting back to Pattaya for a moment... I had a peak through the grills this morning and it doesn't appear that a single sole has been through there. The counter still looks as it did the day it closed on July 13 but covered with thick dust and the smell of mold is overpowering. It's going to take a lot of work to clean up.

This is really too bad as I think that it would have been relatively easy and cheap for the mgmt of The Avenue to have cleaners come in once a week or so to at least wipe down the place. That mold has had a longtime to fester and I hope the eventual clean-up crew is provided with proper masks.

This is really too bad as I think that it would have been relatively easy and cheap for the mgmt of The Avenue to have cleaners come in once a week or so to at least wipe down the place. That mold has had a longtime to fester and I hope the eventual clean-up crew is provided with proper masks.

I too walk past the front office fairly often and it always saddens me to see the place shut-up. If they've not been able to re-open to meet the High Season peak then I guess its a rather forlorn hope that they will re-open at all.

• 2 weeks later...

California Wow Siam Paragon is closing this New Yrs eve (Dec 31st)...

Esplanade branch still lingering a bit

What a coincidence that Paragon CAW WOW closes on Dec. 31st and Crush Fitness at the old Silom location of CAW WOW officially opens on New Years day. Buyer beware. It's all the same people asking for your credit card #'s and advance cash payments. Until they accept month by month paid in cash, they can kiss my....

Lots of radio ads at the moment for another Tony's cheap lifetime membership day. Jan 16 and about 15,000B if I remember correctly.

I'll probably just stick to being fat and unhealthy.

Yeah, the truck is doing the rounds again for a "one day only" special deal. These one day only deals are becoming rather frequent.

Lots of radio ads at the moment for another Tony's cheap lifetime membership day. Jan 16 and about 15,000B if I remember correctly.

I took advantage of Tony's Special Offer (15,000 lifetime membership) 7 years ago and have never regreted it.

I took advantage of Tony's Special Offer (15,000 lifetime membership) 7 years ago and have never regreted it.

The thought of training at Tony's gym for a lifetime is depressing. I bought it to keep me going until something better comes along. That could be a long while.... At the moment it is bearable in the early evening, but come March, the heat will be oppressive.

• 2 weeks later...

All equipment has been removed. I guess the bank owns everything now.

Really?? They just have removed it recently as it was still there last week... I even took a photo at the entrance.

(are you referring to the Pattaya branch?)

Edited by tropo

All equipment has been removed. I guess the bank owns everything now.

Nothing's been removed from Pattaya branch I can confirm that the Management is waiting the outcome of the court case before reletting the space. They did open up the space last week for the monthly fire services inspection and testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Just a heads up there is a sign now at the front desk of Tony;s Gym " stating price changes will occur on the 4.2.2013 which will benefit all members. I asked the lady and the front desk she told me everything is going up....

Could that mean the return of towels and bottled water?

No it definitely means same revenue with less customers smile.png