What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

(But I read on this forum where the owners of the Avenue expect the past debts from CA Wow to be paid off by who ever moves in????)

They don't expect much, do they?

You mean as in.......They don't expect to find a new tenant ever again at those conditions laugh.png Edited by jbrain

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is correct. True fitness is opening a gym soon at the old California Silom location.

passed by old California Silom location a few hours ago...

large yellow sign on second floor window: "CRUSH FITNESS Join Now....Opening Soon...Call 02-612-7222....Free Enrollment".

is Crush related to True??

Let's hope True Fitness will open in Pattaya where CA Wow was located. There is so much potential- a no brainer for this company,. (But I read on this forum where the owners of the Avenue expect the past debts from CA Wow to be paid off by who ever moves in????)

why would a new tenant pay off the debts of an old tenant?? sounds bizarre....

Let's hope True Fitness will open in Pattaya where CA Wow was located. There is so much potential- a no brainer for this company,. (But I read on this forum where the owners of the Avenue expect the past debts from CA Wow to be paid off by who ever moves in????)

Because the old tenant can form a new company.......

(But I read on this forum where the owners of the Avenue expect the past debts from CA Wow to be paid off by who ever moves in????)

You mean as in.......They don't expect to find a new tenant ever again at those conditions laugh.png

That wont happen but more than likely they might try to hike the rent to make up for what they have lost with CalWow.

You mean as in.......They don't expect to find a new tenant ever again at those conditions laugh.png

That wont happen but more than likely they might try to hike the rent to make up for what they have lost with CalWow.

I don't think they lost much with Cawow. If they hadn't had Cawow there mall would have been in the same deserted condition 2 years earlier. Cawow was one of the reasons there was still some foot traffic for the other tenants.

you mean California Wow (in bankruptcy court and on the verge of vanishing) forming a new company? haha, that's funny

Just had a look in the window on the way to shopping at Villa. Everything is still at the front desk as when they shut down in July - very dusty and smelling mouldy. It would have made a good shot for that History Channel documentary series "Life after people" - 3 months after people.

• Like 1

you mean California Wow (in bankruptcy court and on the verge of vanishing) forming a new company? haha, that's funny

Good to know that you understand the way that business can work...

Current Status,

Lately, been to Sam Paragon and Esplanade gyms and it's unsanitary due to lack of hand soaps and toilet papers in certain stalls, Also. certain equipment seat covers are filthy with matching odor! End is near.

Current Status,

Lately, been to Sam Paragon and Esplanade gyms and it's unsanitary due to lack of hand soaps and toilet papers in certain stalls, Also. certain equipment seat covers are filthy with matching odor! End is near.

I love this one !!!!

Current Status,

agree...no towel service at Paragon now....(they cant afford the laundry service apparently )....they do still have lights and water (and at Paragon aircon)..but it's obvious that the end is near...

The signs in windows of the Silom Gym were changed from True Fitness to Crush Fitness within the last week. My guess is this gym is owned by True but because it is relatively small they don't want existing members going to this new location.

There is a working illuminated sign over the entrance and the place looks ready to open. They might be timing this to coincide with the complete closure of California WOW which could be any day now.

It would be so interesting to know what's really going on. Clearly they want to hang on to Paragon as long as possible to find a buyer. I'm guessing the bankruptcy judge is allowing that as the best option for the creditors. Just guessing. They might be allowed to keep Paragon open for a while longer.......The equipment is getting a little smelly at Paragon. I gave up going into the showers and locker room a long time ago. However, I'm going at off peak times occasionally and its still a functioning gym with high quality fixed weights and excellent (although unmaintained) aerobic machines.

Edited by ricklev

Interesting news about Silom gym ownership. They had a farang consultant working at this location for a long time and he expressed interest in having gym there without first floor entrance area which carried a hight rent. So he may be behind this. Yesterday a Thai friend told me membership is 2,000 a month. I think it will open this week.

Interesting news about Silom gym ownership. They had a farang consultant working at this location for a long time and he expressed interest in having gym there without first floor entrance area which carried a hight rent. So he may be behind this. Yesterday a Thai friend told me membership is 2,000 a month. I think it will open this week.

Someone from BKK can solve this rumor. When I was in Silom area a month ago, all of the equipment had been moved out of the building that use to be the infamous CA Wow. What did they do, move different equipment back in?

I walk by Silom gym every day and have seen the equipment (treadmills) in the second floor windows for at least a month. Initially they were covered with plastic but now uncovered and the lights are on every night. Will be interesting to see if this equipment is new or recycled California stuff. Most of the California equipment was old (and due for replacement).

my secy called and they said they will open Nov 15th (B1700 per month membership fee)....

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any recent news?

Went by there a few days ago and the mold and dust is thick - doesn't look like anyone has even been in there for quite some time. The front desk is still as it was on July 13.

"Life after people" - 5 months after people!

Went by there a few days ago and the mold and dust is thick - doesn't look like anyone has even been in there for quite some time. The front desk is still as it was on July 13.

I had coincidental the very same intention to post this morning.It all looks a bit strange as nothing is happening.

I read in a post some months ago that the court refused them to charge a monthly fee to lifetime members.

So would you think that they are waiting to reopen until the majority of members have failed paying their yearly extension fee, and that way have their membership expired, to open with a clean slate?

I had coincidental the very same intention to post this morning.It all looks a bit strange as nothing is happening.

I read in a post some months ago that the court refused them to charge a monthly fee to lifetime members.

So would you think that they are waiting to reopen until the majority of members have failed paying their yearly extension fee, and that way have their membership expired, to open with a clean slate?

Since the equipment has not be pulled out yet, I am guessing the company will refinance itself under a different name (such as the one in Silom, BKK) and re-open. That is my guess. Like I have said, CA WoW is a drawing card for the businesses around it (except for the hair salon upstairs for women 555).

Crush Fitness (Silom) gym open on limited basis (no showers,towels, steam and sauna till month end). They did a nice job refurbishing the old equipment. I joined for 1699 mo. (Rate for first 200 members) but have not used as yet.

thats plus VAT right?

I understand they are open from 8AM to 8PM?

do they just have the second and third floors?