Tourist Police Volunteer

jvs

I am quite happy to know that the ones being the most vocal against the TPV are not themselves TPV. A common theme seems to be anger management problems.

Why would someone with a poor opinion of the TPV want to become one? Personally, I prefer to steer as clear of them as possible.

OK, if you don't want my help thats OK, deal with the BiB yourself. Sure a happy ending. smile.png

I have dealt with the BiB on a nearly daily basis as part of my job for the past 25 years. Do you really feel that there is something I need your help with? How's your Thai, by the way?

My Thai, useless, BUT, with the mrs at my shoulder we get by and help folk. What can we do for you ? laugh.png

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Thai, useless, BUT, with the mrs at my shoulder we get by and help folk. What can we do for you ? laugh.png

It's not just your Thai that's useless, matey.

Pray tell me all. Please. Perhaps l can learn from you. Alwaaaaaaaaaaaays willing to lean. smile.png Wait in anticipation, so are the readers. thumbsup.gif

Why on earth would anyone keep something locked up, after the fine was paid?blink.png

That was my question. Try being clearer next time. Your grammar was atrocious.

Still waiting for the links to that law about towing from private propertyermm.gif , i guess i will be waiting for a long timethumbsup.gif

It is going to take some time to find the relevant Thai laws especially if they are not in English. There may not be a reference online but I will give it a try. You can Google "removing vehicle from private property" yourself and see the various requirements in various jurisdictions. Some require direct police involvement and some require you to register your property with the police before hand who will then issue you a permit to tow once they inspect your property is properly sign posted. :)

Pray tell me all. Please. Perhaps l can learn from you. Alwaaaaaaaaaaaays willing to lean. smile.png Wait in anticipation, so are the readers. thumbsup.gif

Handbags at dawn girls....????whistling.gif

Why on earth would anyone keep something locked up, after the fine was paid?blink.png

Still waiting for the links to that law about towing from private propertyermm.gif , i guess i will be waiting for a long timethumbsup.gif

It is going to take some time to find the relevant Thai laws especially if they are not in English. There may not be a reference online but I will give it a try. You can Google "removing vehicle from private property" yourself and see the various requirements in various jurisdictions. Some require direct police involvement and some require you to register your property with the police before hand who will then issue you a permit to tow once they inspect your property is properly sign posted. smile.png

cheesy.gif

So let me get this right, you claim to have 2 not 1 but 2 law degrees but it will take you time to find it? you sure you want to continue trolling?

Handbags at dawn girls....????whistling.gif

Which one too choose. Our place is full of hand bags, not MINE, but she has athing about them and shoes. sad.png

Apologies, I've not read the whole thread, I want to enjoy life however my suggestion is................

Maybe if they just removed the word "Police" all would be well.

We've got tourist wardens now in Glasgow and they are well regarded, they get to wear a bright jacket and be nice to people. Seems about right to me.

I'm going away now before it turns nasty coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Apologies, I've not read the whole thread, I want to enjoy life however my suggestion is................

We've got tourist wardens now in Glasgow and they are well regarded, they get to wear a bright jacket and be nice to people. Seems about right to me.

You have hit the nail on the head. Many provinces have Volunteers to help Police UNDERSTAND farangs, which they don't. Sick of reading we are wannabies, OK some are, depends where you are and how the BiB want one to act as TPV. Happy to say where l am it's to help a farang in distress, drunks etc are dealt with by the BiB and pay the price.

allowing them to be called police and idiots making their own hi-powered "police" vehicles such as harley davidsons ,honda goldwings and hummer jeeps

is part of the problem as funny as it might be :)

if anyone of signifigant importance gave a shit ......there is plenty of young english speaking thais that could help police these areas ,but they would rather work in an office for a multi-national and get proper wages so this division of social misfits is allowed to exist and go around with pepper spray

imposing their alledged authority on anyone who will tolerate them

• Like 1

allowing them to be called police and idiots making their own hi-powered "police" vehicles such as harley davidsons ,honda goldwings and hummer jeeps

is part of the problem as funny as it might be smile.png

if anyone of signifigant importance gave a shit ......there is plenty of young english speaking thais that could help police these areas ,but they would rather work in an office for a multi-national and get proper wages so this division of social misfits is allowed to exist and go around with pepper spray

imposing their alledged authority on anyone who will tolerate them

Though not my field, the idea is a drunk farang will listen to another farag with ''authority''.

You have hit the nail on the head. Many provinces have Volunteers to help Police UNDERSTAND farangs, which they don't.

And you do this without speaking a lick of Thai. It's a miracle!

• Like 1

You have hit the nail on the head. Many provinces have Volunteers to help Police UNDERSTAND farangs, which they don't.

oh dear....and which handbag will you be bringing ?...designer or copy ?.....dont forget your high heels as well, and get your nails done..you can scratch his eyes out as well...but no hair pulling ok ?

Noooooooooooooo miracle, where theres a will there's a way. smile.png

The movie, "Paul Blart: Mall Cop". About a shopping mall security guard with a snappy uniform.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so thats your job eh. Now l understand your 25 year glitch with the BiB. OK, understand now. thumbsup.gifsmile.png

It is going to take some time to find the relevant Thai laws especially if they are not in English. There may not be a reference online but I will give it a try. You can Google "removing vehicle from private property" yourself and see the various requirements in various jurisdictions. Some require direct police involvement and some require you to register your property with the police before hand who will then issue you a permit to tow once they inspect your property is properly sign posted. smile.png

cheesy.gif

So let me get this right, you claim to have 2 not 1 but 2 law degrees but it will take you time to find it? you sure you want to continue trolling?

I never even implied they were in Thai law.

I never even implied they were in Thai law.

Did someone say troll?unsure.png or did you think we were in Australian or UK forumblink.png

Lucky you didn't get arrested for theft. You have no legal right to chain peoples bikes, on your property or not, sign or not, even plonkers bikes.

They came to ask me, I told them my visa siad mo work permitted. They said no problem we don't pay you. That's when the Torkshire background kicked in. "If you ever do owt for nowt. Do it for thisen" You need a volunteer visa.

Could you repost this in English, preferably the Queen's.

I understood entirely. Happen?

Yorkshireman: Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat.

Vet: Is it a tom?

Yorkshireman: Nay, I've browt it wee us.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

I share the opinion that a lot of these volunteers are there for the wrong reasons and display the worst traits of police officers around the world.

On the other hand, there are no TPV where I live as far as I know so I don't see them in action regularly.

While visiting Udon last year I was having trouble finding the immigration office and noticed a sign for tourist police while driving around searching. I stopped in and was surprised to find the office manned by a uniformed farang. He was a nice guy and very helpful. He was the epitome of what I think TPV SHOULD be. If that guy is on here, thanks, and it was nice chatting with you. It is sad to see a good idea has gone so wrong in some places.

I share the opinion that a lot of these volunteers are there for the wrong reasons and display the worst traits of police officers around the world.

On the other hand, there are no TPV where I live as far as I know so I don't see them in action regularly.

While visiting Udon last year I was having trouble finding the immigration office and noticed a sign for tourist police while driving around searching. I stopped in and was surprised to find the office manned by a uniformed farang. He was a nice guy and very helpful. He was the epitome of what I think TPV SHOULD be. If that guy is on here, thanks, and it was nice chatting with you. It is sad to see a good idea has gone so wrong in some places.

You will find similar in Ubon. smile.png

The real Thai cop, just left him, so he had to take a taxi to go back to station.

The real Thai cops agree with most of us that the volunteers and even the Thai tourist police are a joke.

The tourist police around the country are really pissed with getting volunteers but their head in Bkk makes them.

They've asked me on a few occasions to be a volunteer as I speak Thai but they then laugh when I tell them the criteria for a tourist volunteer.

Edited by Johnniey

The concept is ok...in action it's a joke.

Clowns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbFAqKpGV8M

RAZZ

Wow, Howard, you make yourself look a right plonker, who are you to tell people if they can film or not ?

I'm afraid I would have totally ignored you, what would you have done, arrested me ?

As for your mate " I'm Tourist Police " ... <deleted> ?