Crackdown On Mafia Targeting Tourists: More Govt Bluster?

Lite Beer

I feel I must comment about the amount of TV members who are ridiculing this announcement, ridiculimg Chalerm, and ridiculing the 90 day time frame.

You listen hear and you listen good!!!!................I agree with you.

Just so you know. coffee1.gif

Edited by theblether

Chalerm made known his determination right a meeting with tourist police, senior officials from the Tourism and Sports Ministry and governors of tourist-destination provinces at the Royal Thai Police headquarters. Attending the one-hour meeting were the governors of Phuket, Ayutthaya, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, Sukhothai, Tak and Kanchanaburi.

it seems that Pattaya's/Chonburi's officials were not invited to join this meeting. I am just wondering!

He, as well as the Prime Minister and other members of the government, had been in Pattaya on 18th/19th June for the 5th Mobile Cabinet Meeting.

Chalerm took time out to meet Police officials, as you will see in this Thai Visa news item:

http://www.thaivisa....-opening-hours/

Same answer for EyesWideOpen, who I have just noticed raised the same point

Edited by monspencer

Did Chalerm mention jetski extortionists? For some reason, that's a taboo subject among PT heavies. Too hot to handle or else the kickbacks are too good. Which is it, Mr. Chalerm? Ok, no problem, I'll wait while you finish gulping your whiskey.

• Like 1

Chalerm made known his determination right a meeting with tourist police, senior officials from the Tourism and Sports Ministry and governors of tourist-destination provinces at the Royal Thai Police headquarters. Attending the one-hour meeting were the governors of Phuket, Ayutthaya, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, Sukhothai, Tak and Kanchanaburi.

it seems that Pattaya's/Chonburi's officials were not invited to join this meeting. I am just wondering!

It was a pre-planned meeting - this subject matter was "sprung" on them.

Give the man a round of applause, atleast he is trying to solve the problem NOW. Why are so many of US judgemental and spiteful of a new system of order to PROTECT all life?

meanwhile, back in Thailand, Chalerm announces that within 3 months he stop all posters on TV ridiculing any more of his daft promises he makes when he's had a few glasses of whisky and realises he has not seen his face in the newspapers for a couple of weeks.

Dude. Seriously? whistling.gif

You guys are all daft. Thai Visa could have a positive impact if they teamed with Chalerm. First they could elect him Thai Visa man of the year. Put out tee shirts and banners and hold marches in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket.

Now think about it for a second......

This would make international news. Thai Visa members with tee shirts with Chalerm photo seen posing with jet ski rental people and protected by the Pattaya black shirts (TPV's).

We could have yellow hum vee floats and trannies throwing flowers. I can get a deal on 100 trannies.

So let me know if you want to act instead of just flapping your gums.

• Like 1

Ten years ago a pattaya councillor promised to move the working girls on from Beach Road and said that he would put his reputation on the line to guarantee his success. His reputation, such as it is, was as safe as houses.

All the pinches of salt that we have to take on board with Ministerial pronouncements are not beneficial to our blood pressure.

• Like 2

Did Chalerm mention jetski extortionists? For some reason, that's a taboo subject among PT heavies. Too hot to handle or else the kickbacks are too good. Which is it, Mr. Chalerm? Ok, no problem, I'll wait while you finish gulping your whiskey.

Why do posters constantly bang on about bloody jetski 'extortionists' on this forum? firstly, they're supposed to be illegal, and most pertinently, they're noxious machines driven by the obnoxious, disturbing marine life and sunbathers. Fck 'em.

I agree. I've no time for jetskis, their operators or their selfish customers. To hell with the lot of 'em!

Give the man a round of applause, atleast he is trying to solve the problem NOW. Why are so many of US judgemental and spiteful of a new system of order to PROTECT all life?

Because Chalerm comes with a lot of history, and it's not pleasant reading. He's also the Father of Mr Happy Toilet, you can draw your own conclusions on that.

Is Chonburi / Pattaya some sort of exclusion zone ??? When it comes to mafia and tourist scams I would think it would be at the top of the list. Instead..........it wasn't on the list........which is fascinating.

Pattaya, like BKK, is indeed officially a special administrative zone.