Best Buffet Lunch And Dinner In Bkk?

pdrhan

Just go around Londoner Pub (suk. soi 33.) i think they do have good brunch buffet. (if they still have it) Haven't gone there for age. But if you really look for some other food in the very early morning like buffet, honestly, it's quite difficult to find one but you could just go to the foodcourt in either Big C on Ratchadamri Road.

ONe more if it's foor dinner, and if you fancy thai food, go to soi 7. There's thai restaurant called "Baan Yaa" They serve good thai food or else try one at suk. soi 11. It's one small thai restaurant next to 7/11 or closed by Tapas's spanish restaurant or you may know about Cheap Charlie. They do serve good thai food there too. Else go to suk. soi 8, restaurant called Moon Soon. Nice thai and international food with nice wine too.

Cheers!

I will be in BKK by 1st july, - "best" defined also as good food if it´s cheap - it´s ok , but price does not matter...have to check out the places,

i´m tired of the almost "food fight" at Bayoke Sky, sometimes too crowded....so want to try something new , actually i´m staying just opposite Plaza Athenee.....

I've recently become a fan of Oishi Grand Buffet (Discovery Center - 2nd floor). The buffet is massive with choices of freshly made and served to your table or help yourself options. All very fresh and nicely presented.

I'm no expert but I believe they have different prices for different times of the day. I've only gone on the night shift which was 600 baht per person but if you love cheese and sashimi like I do, it's good value. Pattaya is 500 baht.

I'm told there's an Oishi near Victory Monument for only 300 baht.

Arnoma Hotel across from Central World next to Big C superstore. The name of the place is "The Buttercup" Its is 299 +vat +gratuity + drinks. Great place the food quality is really good and they do a different theme every day. Cheese<check> Leg of lamb <check> Good staff <check> Location <Check> across from Central is great people watching. Decor and deserts <check Deserts are amazing!!!!!!!> I use to take my girlfriend here once a week because we like the place so much. It is where we got engaged they were so nice about it too. This place wins because it puts a 1000baht spread out for 300. 11:30 to 3pm and at night they switch it to a Thai buffet<6 to 10>. The night buffet is really great if you want to taste all the Thai favorites with good quality ingredients and prefect preparation. The place is great for Thai Westerner couples she can eat what she wants and you can eat what you want and there are tons of little things they can try. My GF was not a big fan of western food until I brought her here blueberry creme brulete is one of her favorites now.

if price is no object then; Sheraton Grand (sunday jazz brunch),Plaza Athenee (esp friday to sun seafood special) Shangrila la, Four Seasons (also for sunday brunch), Hyatt (any eve). All of these would be several notches above Bayoke which, in my opinion, is one of the poorest in BKK. Athenee and Sheraton get very busy for their wkend specials and you will need to book in advance.

Edited by wordchild

I will be in BKK by 1st july, - "best" defined also as good food if it´s cheap - it´s ok , but price does not matter...have to check out the places,

i´m tired of the almost "food fight" at Bayoke Sky, sometimes too crowded....so want to try something new , actually i´m staying just opposite Plaza Athenee.....

Sofitel between Sukhumvit soi13 and soi 15, great buffe, about 1000 thb,

if price is no object then; Sheraton Grand (sunday jazz brunch),Plaza Athenee (esp friday to sun seafood special) Shangrila la, Four Seasons (also for sunday brunch), Hyatt (any eve). All of these would be several notches above Bayoke which, in my opinion, is one of the poorest in BKK. Athenee and Sheraton get very busy for their wkend specials and you will need to book in advance.

Sheraton Grand for me. Any night of the week is great and has easy access from the Asoke BTS

Arnoma Hotel across from Central World next to Big C superstore. The name of the place is "The Buttercup" Its is 299 +vat +gratuity + drinks. Great place the food quality is really good and they do a different theme every day. Cheese<check> Leg of lamb <check> Good staff <check> Location <Check> across from Central is great people watching. Decor and deserts <check Deserts are amazing!!!!!!!> I use to take my girlfriend here once a week because we like the place so much. It is where we got engaged they were so nice about it too. This place wins because it puts a 1000baht spread out for 300. 11:30 to 3pm and at night they switch it to a Thai buffet<6 to 10>. The night buffet is really great if you want to taste all the Thai favorites with good quality ingredients and prefect preparation. The place is great for Thai Westerner couples she can eat what she wants and you can eat what you want and there are tons of little things they can try. My GF was not a big fan of western food until I brought her here blueberry creme brulete is one of her favorites now.

Ok - sounds nice- does it mean they both serve thai buffet and western buffet at same time?

Ok - sounds nice- does it mean they both serve thai buffet and western buffet at same time?

They have a couple Thai dishes during lunch but its mostly International food<I have seen Gernam,French, Indian, US, Chinese, Japanese<Salmon no less> and a myriad of other dishes.. At night is when they do the Thai buffet and it is really good also. This place is a gem I have eaten there well over 20 times since I lived in Thailand. If you go there get the table by the corner window its great people watching. I go there for my cheese,good salad dressing and chocolate fix. They also do a lot of build you own kind of stuff if you like your food a certain way.

I think Sunday brunch at JW Marriot (Tsu & Nami) is excellent. It's all Japanese food, huge selection, moderately expensive at B1800++ ()ie B2000), but v high quality, & includes still wine, sake, beer (as much as u want).

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit has a great selection for Lunch / Dinner (Orchid Cafe)

I just visited them for the Sunday Brunch and it was fantastic! (Heres a Review with some Photos so you have an idea )

Now to stay on topic ...

Plaza Anthenee for dinner (Not lunch, the cater to groups and meetings for lunch buffets, low price but really bad quality)

Grand Hyatt for lunch / Dinner

JW Marriot for Dinner (Or Sunday Brunch at both the coffee shop and Tsu / Nami)

Shangri-La for dinner

Millenium Hilton for dinner

Mandarin Oriental (Lord Jims) for buffet seafood lunch

Banyan Trea for Dinner (Limited choice but lower prices)

Shangri-la and Millenium Hilton have fantastic seating for dinner.

For a more budget friendly choice check out the Grand Millenium for dinner and the various Novotels (Ploenchit and SIam Square) fr dinner + lunch buffets.

For photos / reviews of most of these places check out http://www.bkkgastro.blogspot.com or http://www.bkkgastro.com

Good Luck!

ONe more if it's foor dinner, and if you fancy thai food, go to soi 7. There's thai restaurant called "Baan Yaa" They serve good thai food or else try one at suk. soi 11. It's one small thai restaurant next to 7/11 or closed by Tapas's spanish restaurant or you may know about Cheap Charlie. They do serve good thai food there too. Else go to suk. soi 8, restaurant called Moon Soon. Nice thai and international food with nice wine too.

I don't think most of the places you're mentioning above are lunch or dinner buffets, as per the request of the OP...

Monsoon is the in-house restaurant of the Adelphi Suites Hotel on Suk Soi 8, and the only buffet they do AFAIK is their standard morning breakfast buffet.

The Grand President on Suk Soi 11 used to do a quite good and affordable lunch buffet with touches of Indian food. But AFAIK, they discontinued that some time ago, and lately were offering some set menu lunch specials.

Among other excellent, moderately priced lunch buffets with very good food around the Sukhumvit area, the one on the 7th floor of the Majestic Grande Hotel on Suk Soi 2 is wonderful for about 300 baht, as is the lunch buffet at the S31 Hotel near the Phom Phrong BTS station.

As mentioned above, the Ibis Hotel on Suk Soi 4 has a daily lunch buffet for 199 baht that's a terrific value and good food, but the emphasis is more on value there. Similar budget offerings are available at the Taipan Hotel on Asoke Rd. and a quite food buffet at the Cafe G at the Holiday Inn at Chidlom BTS, priced mid 200s with emphasis on Thai foods, salads and pastas.

Danny above has already recounted a list of the various high price hotel buffets. But for a combination of quality, good food and value, I find the Majestic Grande and S31 Hotel lunch buffets hard to beat.

That's one thing about BKK... there's a wide range of buffets available at all kinds of places, some general, some specializing in certain nationality foods, and at prices from 200 baht up to 2000 baht or more, at the most humble settings to the most elaborate. It's just a matter of deciding your preferences and then finding the matching places.

I've been to Baiyoke Sky, but it wouldn't be on my list of places to recommend for any particular reason.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Thanks so much for all your listings! Now i´m dying to visit some of the places,5 more days - then i´m in lovely BKK!

And yes - definately no more Bayoke Sky Buffet....seems that theres a lots of places to visit!