Soi Bukao To British Consulate

sidjameson

Catch a baht bus on 3rd road, Jomtien side of the junction with Pattaya Tai (next to the school playground). The route will take you along Thappraya Road, over the hill to Jomtien. The fare is 20 baht.

Get off at Jomtien Beach Road Soi 5 (Soi Immigration). Walk about 300 yards up Soi 5 - Immigration office on the right - Consular office is another 15 yards on the right.

I'm not sure of the opening hours - last I heard they were only open a couple of days a week.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. All the best.

Edit: from the British Embassy website http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/other-locations/pattaya/contact-details

Consular Opening Hours:

Monday – Friday:

09:00-11:30 (Local time)

Edited by chickenslegs

I think you meant 2nd roadsmile.png

Catch a baht bus on 3rd road, Jomtien side of the junction with Pattaya Tai (next to the school playground). The route will take you along Thappraya Road, over the hill to Jomtien. The fare is 20 baht.

Get off at Jomtien Beach Road Soi 5 (Soi Immigration). Walk about 300 yards up Soi 5 - Immigration office on the right - Consular office is another 15 yards on the right.

I'm not sure of the opening hours - last I heard they were only open a couple of days a week.

Edit: from the British Embassy website http://ukinthailand....contact-details

Consular Opening Hours:

Monday – Friday:

Edited by chas39

Sid,

Are you saying that your passport was stolen? If so you need to report it to the police then take the police report to the British embassy and they can issue an emergency document that only allows you to fly to the UK.

I do not know if this document is available at the consulate on Soi 5 Jomtien.

Good luck

I am down to a few baht after robbery.

I am crap at direction generally.

I need to get passport, or whatever they do.

How is best (cheapest) way to get there?

Thanks

Tell you what sid if your really stuck give me a Pm. I'm not in Pattaya I'm in the UK at moment but if your on Soi Bukhoa you'll know the Butchers Arms I'll arrange to have some money there for you, not a fortune but enough to sort you out for another day or so until you get sorted.

I'm getting A bit peeved at pis* taking c u next tuesday people taking the proverbial out of other peoples misfortune. not on this thread/topic but others.

regards mb1.

That kind of post restores my faith in humanity, you sir are a Gentleman.

I am down to a few baht after robbery.

I am crap at direction generally.

I need to get passport, or whatever they do.

How is best (cheapest) way to get there?

Thanks

Tell you what sid if your really stuck give me a Pm. I'm not in Pattaya I'm in the UK at moment but if your on Soi Bukhoa you'll know the Butchers Arms I'll arrange to have some money there for you, not a fortune but enough to sort you out for another day or so until you get sorted.

I'm getting A bit peeved at pis* taking c u next tuesday people taking the proverbial out of other peoples misfortune. not on this thread/topic but others.

regards mb1.

My faith in humanity is restored! Sorry Rab, didnt see your post, anyway thats a great offer.

Edited by edwinclapham

I think you meant 2nd roadsmile.png

Edit: from the British Embassy website http://ukinthailand....contact-details

Consular Opening Hours:

Monday – Friday:

Yes I did. Thanks for the correction.

Please don't forget that you can't simply take this travel document and leave at the airport, you have to do some business with the immigration department..

Both the immigration office and Consulate are next to each other.

Get the police report first from Tourist police at Pratumnak hill..

The consulate are only open for a few hours a day.

I wish you all the best

Edited by Satcommlee

I suggest you call the consul first to explain your situation and find out what charges are involved, you do not want to go all the way to Jomtien only to find you do not have enough money on you.

Tel: +66 (0) 38 267 113

What's happened to OP I wonder. Not been online since 11.18 yesterday.?.

The suspicion is that not everything is as it seems.

Not even a thankyou for yours and the offers of help.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I prefer to imagine that the lad who is down to his very baht cannot even afford to pay for the internet hence he is totally unaware of the kind offers of help.

Maybe cut the lad some slack eh!

• Like 1

What's happened to OP I wonder. Not been online since 11.18 yesterday.?.

The suspicion is that not everything is as it seems.

Not even a thankyou for yours and the offers of help.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

I prefer to imagine that the lad who is down to his very baht cannot even afford to pay for the internet hence he is totally unaware of the kind offers of help.

Maybe cut the lad some slack eh!

Would be nice to know though if he's okay, it's been 2 days.

Thanks to all that gave advice. And a big thanks to the couple of genuinally kind offers. I, and others should be touched by that.

I ended up being helped by a great guy in Bangkok that is a friend of a friend.

I just want to say that I surprised myself with both the positive and negative way I handled this situation, and I hope it never happens to anybody else.

• Like 2

Thanks to all that gave advice. And a big thanks to the couple of genuinally kind offers. I, and others should be touched by that.

I ended up being helped by a great guy in Bangkok that is a friend of a friend.

I just want to say that I surprised myself with both the positive and negative way I handled this situation, and I hope it never happens to anybody else.

Glad to know your okay sid so thanks for letting us know.

Sid,

Are you saying that your passport was stolen? If so you need to report it to the police then take the police report to the British embassy and they can issue an emergency document that only allows you to fly to the UK.

I do not know if this document is available at the consulate on Soi 5 Jomtien.

Good luck

Not strictly correct. The Pattaya Consulate can't actually issue anything relevant themselves, but they should be able to tell you of the three options available at the Embassy, depending on what supporting documentation you have and where you live (Thailand, UK, etc):

1. A standard replacement Passport, issued (time permitting) from the UK via Hong Kong.

2. An Emergency Travel Document that allows you to "make a single or return journey to the UK or another country of residence, via a maximum of five transit countries". You don't need to have Thai Residency to be considered "resident" in Thailand.

3. An Emergency Passport valid for one journey (one-way), usually to the UK or wherever you are resident and have the documentation needed for either of the above.

Been there, unfortunately, some time ago - although then the Embassy could process passports themselves (and even send you someone else's!).

Hi. How did the consulate handle the loss of your passport, helpful?

Yes .... interesting to know what help they offered.