Overcoming Adversity In Thailand

AnandaSatvha

A man who can smile while he's in trouble, who can gather power from distress, grow brave by reflection is a man with a strong heart and whose conscience shines of proper conduct. A real man pursues his principles until his death...

I would like to help protect and preserve nature in Thailand! I love recycling, re-using and cleaning up mother nature as well. Those who are destroying nature and causing the torture of innocent life should be distrubed and annoyed to the fullest extent with whatever tool necessary!

I use a...........and a ...........

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame what the top end of town do to the bottom end.....in reality and in this day and age....I wonder if we have any chance of reversing the trend...too many people just don't give a shit.

What we can imagine WE CAN BECOME!! Keep the dream alive brother and join me on this mission!

• Like 1

I assume you're not Thai, and if so you will not be allowed to even start to scratch the surface.

Iif you are Thai then I'm sure you're already aware, that to the extent you are successful and actually achieve anything important in such endeavors, your life will be in a corresponding degree of danger.

But it sounds like you're willing to die so more power to you, perhaps if you can make sure your death results in embarrassing publicity for your cause it won't be for nothing.

• Like 2

I assume you're not Thai, and if so you will not be allowed to even start to scratch the surface.

Iif you are Thai then I'm sure you're already aware, that to the extent you are successful and actually achieve anything important in such endeavors, your life will be in a corresponding degree of danger.

But it sounds like you're willing to die so more power to you, perhaps if you can make sure your death results in embarrassing publicity for your cause it won't be for nothing.

y

Thank you for your support. Look at the fools who climb Mt.Everest and 25 percent DIE. For what Cause? Atleast I have a righteous cause and why should we have a fear of death? Buddhism teaches REINCARNATION! This isnt the film 'God Bless America'. I don't want to kill anyone or myself. I would like to plant seeds that will soon become GRASS ROOTS! ANyone interested? I've been on the scene for quite some time, now I'm living outside of Khao Phra Wihan National Park, near the Commando Army Base in Thailand..

Thank you for your support. Look at the fools who climb Mt.Everest and 25 percent DIE. For what Cause? Atleast I have a righteous cause and why should we have a fear of death? Buddhism teaches REINCARNATION! This isnt the film 'God Bless America'. I don't want to kill anyone or myself. I would like to plant seeds that will soon become GRASS ROOTS! ANyone interested? I've been on the scene for quite some time, now I'm living outside of Khao Phra Wihan National Park, near the Commando Army Base in Thailand..

Ok, so Buddhism teaches reincarnation. What's your point? That you'll come back as an ant and move a rubber tree plant?

I think I know what you need. A song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqo0f-q_hRw

Edited by geriatrickid

Words are not Enough, thats why I try to make a positive impact everyday! Whether its recycling, re-using garbage, planting tree's or protecting wildlife. Raising awareness does though have its purpose and its too bad nobody here wants to help..

I thought GK did pretty well, given the limits of the internet, with his motivational music.

I always like to encourage others not to be negative about their fellow men, and to refrain from expressing their opinions on the stupidity and ignorance of those around me, as I try to refrain, in all but the most oblique terms, to the best of my ability.

I find that I behave better around those that I respect, and therefore, for the sake of my own behaviour, I try, admittedly with little success, to treat my fellows with respect that they scarcely deserve

SC

Words are not Enough, thats why I try to make a positive impact everyday! Whether its recycling, re-using garbage, planting tree's or protecting wildlife. Raising awareness does though have its purpose and its too bad nobody here wants to help..

I thought GK did pretty well, given the limits of the internet, with his motivational music.

I always like to encourage others not to be negative about their fellow men, and to refrain from expressing their opinions on the stupidity and ignorance of those around me, as I try to refrain, in all but the most oblique terms, to the best of my ability.

I find that I behave better around those that I respect, and therefore, for the sake of my own behaviour, I try, admittedly with little success, to treat my fellows with respect that they scarcely deserve

SC

To insult me as coming back as an ant, is not what i call positive feedback. ANY of you want to help let me know, if not DONT post..

SC

To insult me as coming back as an ant, is not what i call positive feedback. ANY of you want to help let me know, if not DONT post..

Sometimes, we don't realise how life's challenges help us, and we don't see how we need help.

I think you don't give our industrious though very much smaller brethren the credit that they deserve. As you inferred from the previous poster, perhaps you will come back as an ant, or perhaps you were one previously. I was sharing with some friends last night, if we all lived lives of exemplary virtue, future generations would miss the cockroaches, who provide a valuable link in our ecological chain, disposing of the detritus around us...

Other cultures appreciate the contribution of even the very smallest yet hardest working amongst us - Manchester has, as its municipal insect, the industrious bee, which decorates its urban furtniture - litter bins and park benches and the like, as well as adorning the Boddington's beer can.

SC

SC

Sometimes, we don't realise how life's challenges help us, and we don't see how we need help.

I think you don't give our industrious though very much smaller brethren the credit that they deserve. As you inferred from the previous poster, perhaps you will come back as an ant, or perhaps you were one previously. I was sharing with some friends last night, if we all lived lives of exemplary virtue, future generations would miss the cockroaches, who provide a valuable link in our ecological chain, disposing of the detritus around us...

Other cultures appreciate the contribution of even the very smallest yet hardest working amongst us - Manchester has, as its municipal insect, the industrious bee, which decorates its urban furtniture - litter bins and park benches and the like, as well as adorning the Boddington's beer can.

SC

If I was an Ant in a previous life it would be complimentary but as one in the next life, BUDDHISM would see it as a severe downgrade. I would rather come back as a cockroach or a Saltwater Crocodile. Thanks for sharing.

Ok, so Buddhism teaches reincarnation. What's your point? That you'll come back as an ant and move a rubber tree plant?

I think I know what you need. A song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqo0f-q_hRw

Reckon this would be more suitable and make much more sense

If I was an Ant in a previous life it would be complimentary but as one in the next life, BUDDHISM would see it as a severe downgrade. I would rather come back as a cockroach or a Saltwater Crocodile. Thanks for sharing.

I want to come back as an oak tree... ideally next to a village green with a cricket team

• Like 1

SC

Whereas an ecologist would see that no matter how small is a cog, how tiny, and fiddly, and infuriatingly difficult to place in its proper location, every part has a role to play, and without it, the whole system would grind to a halt. Sorry, that would be a watchmender. But the principle is the same, and to rank one member of the team above another is divisive and unhelpful.

Perhaps your next step in overcoming adversity will be to see how each of us has a role to play, and how irrelevent is status, and false are our feelings of superiority

SC

SC

SC

Must be an awful lot of sh^^y people then as there are an awful amount of cockroaches.

SC

Whereas an ecologist would see that no matter how small is a cog, how tiny, and fiddly, and infuriatingly difficult to place in its proper location, every part has a role to play, and without it, the whole system would grind to a halt. Sorry, that would be a watchmender. But the principle is the same, and to rank one member of the team above another is divisive and unhelpful.

Perhaps your next step in overcoming adversity will be to see how each of us has a role to play, and how irrelevent is status, and false are our feelings of superiority

SC

Try telling that to the Thaisbiggrin.png

SC

Its a lot easier to see our own faults in other people

SC

I've always believed all life is equal. But if I had a preference in the next life I gave you my choices. I see more faults in my own species than any other in existence!

I suspect you are an alien.

PS: please pay attention to the disclaimer in my signature below...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Like 1

SC

SC

If Kerry spots you doing that...the highlighty thingy....you will be in big big trouble.

• Like 1