Truevision ... Learn From My Mistake

pault17

I've never been happy with the service ofTrueVision, but for about 10 years I managed to live with it and opted for one year contracts to avoid the hassle of monthly payments.

But contents of magazine, programs, wbesite, and service IMO got from bad to worse. Not to forget the Euro 2012 debacle.

So I wanted to cancel my contract as of next month. And yes this can be done but I will not get a refund for the remaining 10 months of my contract.

How is that for a nice treatment of their oh so valued sustomers?

And do they really think they will benefit from it?

It shows again that TrueVision is only interested in short term profits. Well ... as long asit works why not?

• Like 1

Seriously?

"How is that for a nice treatment of their oh so valued sustomers?"

You are not a customer as of next month. You leave, they do not care. Did you get a cheaper rate for signing up for a year? Did you sign a contract stating no refunds? As you have paid for it, why get rid? Like paying for a pint of beer and not drinking it.

And do they really think they will benefit from it?

They don't, but there is no point them offering you a reduced rate to pay for a year if you can cancel after a couple of months and get your money back.

I hate true, but even I have to defend them in this case. What you are complaining about is basically ludicrous.

Thanks for that Paul, you have likely saved me from some grief! I was seriously considering doing the annual payment thing, but like yourself have had UBC/True for 13 years have been held back by the "Is it really worth it?" feeling.

Your experience has shown me the way..................wai.gif

I never understand those who pay up front for either True visions, house rent, internet this is Thailand there is no way these guys are going to refund you back your hard earned money so why do it and what happens if you have to go back home unexpected think about itnot wishing to be disrespectful but Thai's must love guy's like yourself !!!!!

Presumably you benefited in some way by paying a year upfront? Swings and roundabouts.... It's a business not a charity.

When you pay a year in advance they give you 13 months so you get 1 free month. I too have been a customer for many years and we have recently upgraded to the Platinum service. I like the 12 HD channels we now get as well as many other selections.

I never understand those who pay up front for either True visions, house rent, internet this is Thailand there is no way these guys are going to refund you back your hard earned money so why do it and what happens if you have to go back home unexpected think about itnot wishing to be disrespectful but Thai's must love guy's like yourself !!!!!

Nothing to do with "this is Thailand", nor with the issue of pre-payment or not.

If you have a contract promising to use a given service for a fixed length of time and you renege on that, you are obliged to pay the penalties, usually owing the full amount as if you had used it.

Some people choose to skip out on that, but that's stealing isn't it.

The guy signed a contract for a year's service.

Now he wants to bin it 10 months early and wants a refund presumably to pay for an alternative/rival service.

The contract probably says "no refunds".

No leg to stand on.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

Presumably you benefited in some way by paying a year upfront? Swings and roundabouts.... It's a business not a charity.

When you pay a year in advance they give you 13 months so you get 1 free month. I too have been a customer for many years and we have recently upgraded to the Platinum service. I like the 12 HD channels we now get as well as many other selections.

Me too. BBC Lifestyle is good but so many repeated cooking programmes!

Television is so crap I haven't watched it in years...

Get a good big TV screen and fastest internet available

In your area and you can have quality films and media

content your actually Interested in rather than the crap

and advertisements They broadcast

So I wanted to cancel my contract as of next month. And yes this can be done but I will not get a refund for the remaining 10 months of my contract.

You signed up for a year, and because of it you got a better price , and maybe some upgrades.

Now you want to walk in there and say "thanks for the upgrades and better monthly price, but i changed my mind, please give me my money back"

and they could say " hey remember that show you watched last month, that you would not had watched if you had the monthly plan? we want it back, can you please un-watch it"

You are not really canceling anything, you would simply , just not using the remainder of your prepaid contract.

Television is so crap I haven't watched it in years...

Get a good big TV screen and fastest internet available

In your area and you can have quality films and media

content your actually Interested in rather than the crap

and advertisements They broadcast

dam_n right.

A fast internet connection and some torrents make all the difference.

I've recently acquired the entire collections of BlackAdder, The New Statesman, Spitting Image, Only Fools & Horses, Hung, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and countless others.

....the HD channels might get turned off soon. They give you them free for the first month along with BBC Entertainment. Then, they just cut it off, you call up and say "heh, my HD and BBCE is not working" and they ask for a few hundred baht a month extra to turn them on again. Clever buggars.

Several places here in Phuket offer all of Trues programming for 350B a month via dreambox. I would never pay the prices True asks for the cap service (did try them years ago) and limited programming.

Edited by NomadJoe