What Is It With Paying Your Wife A Wage?

thenervoussurgeon

The word wage is pejorative in this example, the word would be better served as an allowance, or my favourite word for it, a budget.

I'm not interested in being involved in my partners daily spend decisions on dresses, toiletries, perfume, makeup, magazines, I-phone apps, shoes, handbags, lunch with pals, blah blah blah. She's my lady and she is entitled to make decisions without redress to me, and I get particularly impressed when she saves money from the relative pittance I allocate to her.

Incidentally, I did the same for my first wife, I was working, she wasn't, she was bringing up my kids, we had a household budget, I took on responsibility for Christmas and Holiday budgets, and on top of that my ex-wife got her own budget for personal spending ( as did I ).

My ex-wife used most of it to buy even more useless toys and things for the kids, up to her. It's my wife, my partner, not my possession or slave, I need to make sure she is provided for without any argument.

It's part of the contract of marriage you know it's this bit " for richer or for poorer", it's not for " so I can control every penny you spend for the rest of your life", which is far far more common then men are prepared to admit.

So OP........answer me this question, how much money per month does your wife get without having to ask you for it??????

She actually gets nothing ,but if she wants anything she can have it(within reason) but really i was actually asking more about the guys that come on here saying "how much should i give my wife a month?) as if they are entering into an agreement ie i will marry you only if you agree to so much sin sot and then x amount per month "wages" as apposed to giving the wife money for make up ect. perhaps i have not worded my post well enough

• Like 1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My lady earns......she has her own wage. In my current example what I give to my lady is a pittance. A real pittance. Please remember I'm Scottish coffee1.gif

I very much doubt you are 'Scots', never heard a real one refer to themselves as 'Scottish'.

Only s sassenach would use that word.

Wait a minute, au contraire!!! I've never heard some one refer to themselves as Scots crazy.gif

Don't worry about it, there is a substantial TV contingent that will be along directly to adjudicate on this issue.

My lady earns......she has her own wage. In my current example what I give to my lady is a pittance. A real pittance. Please remember I'm Scottish coffee1.gif

I very much doubt you are 'Scots', never heard a real one refer to themselves as 'Scottish'.

Only s sassenach would use that word.

:lol:

Well I am Scottish too. In fact there are five million of us happy to be referred to as being Scottish. :D

I agree with the OP. Giving your wife a set amount to spend per week or month seems a bit childish to me. We just pool our funds in joint accounts and spend as required.

However, I understand some people (male and female) are useless at managing their spending, in which case it might be sensible for their partner to control the budget.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I have done it three different ways. 1. I paid the lady per day and then tried per week and then tried per month. 2. I paid the lady per task. We had a schedule up on the wall to set the amount for particular task COD. 3. I pay for rent and food and she pays for the rest to include getting the loan on our new house. In other words we have a new home and a 100% loan in her name but I make the payments. Since she is 30 years younger than I, she will outlive me and take advantage of the equity which is what I had in mind when I asked her to buy the home.

Number 3 makes the most sense to me but the most fun method was number 2.

Edited by kerryk

She actually gets nothing ,but if she wants anything she can have it(within reason) but really i was actually asking more about the guys that come on here saying "how much should i give my wife a month?) as if they are entering into an agreement ie i will marry you only if you agree to so much sin sot and then x amount per month "wages" as apposed to giving the wife money for make up ect. perhaps i have not worded my post well enough

Please point to a recent thread where the OP was asking that.

Not that it isn't perfectly appropriate for those looking to rent a wife, which as you know is completely normal here, if not the actual majority.

My answer would be "at least 5K per month, or up to 20% of what you'd spend overall per month."

I agree with you its not a normal relationship,and more of a business arrangement.

And can be likened to buying a Motor vehicle on Hire Purchase,the big difference with this arrangement is:you never get to finish paying for this one!

My wife and I have our salaries paid into a joint account here in Australia. We both work and we buy what we need.

Major items that have to be purchased we discuss beforehand.

I would hate for my wife to ask for things, marriage without trust isnt a marriage.

My wife and I have our salaries paid into a joint account here in Australia. We both work and we buy what we need.

I would hate for my wife to ask for things, marriage without trust isnt a marriage.

How many months have you been married? No offense just wondering. Off hand I would guess 13.

How many months have you been married? No offense just wondering. Off hand I would guess 13.

Totally wrong, We have been married some substantial time and have two children together!! I would also add, that I was bought up in Thailand, so I probably am more aware of the pitfalls more than many.

Edited by edwinclapham

Obviously there are a lot of different scenarios and relationship types here, and some tight farangs who sound like they don't support their baby mamas at all!!

I give my partner 15k or 20k every month paid into her bank. If I didn't and she worked I would never see her and our son would be left with his grandparents every day when I am at work, plus her salary would be no more than 6k a month. With that she pays all house bills, day to day groceries and so on, and has some savings left over if she needs it. Of course I still pay for all major purchases.

I guess we have gone back to a traditional style of relationship when it comes to money but I like it this way, and I know it is good for my son and he likes spending all of his time with with parents.

We also need a record of support when we apply for a UK visa every year, so there's several reasons why this setup is a good idea.

• Like 1

The word wage is pejorative in this example, the word would be better served as an allowance, or my favourite word for it, a budget.

I'm not interested in being involved in my partners daily spend decisions on dresses, toiletries, perfume, makeup, magazines, I-phone apps, shoes, handbags, lunch with pals, blah blah blah. She's my lady and she is entitled to make decisions without redress to me, and I get particularly impressed when she saves money from the relative pittance I allocate to her.

Incidentally, I did the same for my first wife, I was working, she wasn't, she was bringing up my kids, we had a household budget, I took on responsibility for Christmas and Holiday budgets, and on top of that my ex-wife got her own budget for personal spending ( as did I ).

My ex-wife used most of it to buy even more useless toys and things for the kids, up to her. It's my wife, my partner, not my possession or slave, I need to make sure she is provided for without any argument.

It's part of the contract of marriage you know it's this bit " for richer or for poorer", it's not for " so I can control every penny you spend for the rest of your life", which is far far more common then men are prepared to admit.

So OP........answer me this question, how much money per month does your wife get without having to ask you for it??????

This puts you in the weakest possible position, you are, in effect, her slave. Working to provide her with money.

This might be a radical idea, but why not expect a woman to earn and contribute an equal amount of money to the household.

You might want to read up on Thai customs, they don't make the same marriage promises as Christians.

My wife gets zero money from me, she is younger than me, she is allowed to work and earn in Thailand.

to each his own. my father-in-law did not allow his daughters to work even though it p*ssed them off. after marrying one of his daughters i never allowed my wife to work (in the sense of leaving the house, getting a job and earning a salary). surprisingly, from that time onwards she was not and is not p*ssed off because of not having a job.

on a more serious note... a wife has a fulltime job running a tight household ship. domestic employees might take over some menial work but add managerial work on her. that applies especially when the husband has a demanding job 12-14 hours a day and quite often 7 days a week and she is required to shield him from petty problems. that also applies in case the husband retires and wants to lead a quiet and comfortable retiree life in Thailand.

• Like 1

????

• Like 1

Totally wrong, We have been married some substantial time and have two children together!! I would also add, that I was bought up in Thailand, so I probably am more aware of the pitfalls more than many.

Congratulations. Goes to show you my cynical attitude is not always correct.

• Like 1

This puts you in the weakest possible position, you are, in effect, her slave. Working to provide her with money.

This might be a radical idea, but why not expect a woman to earn and contribute an equal amount of money to the household.

You might want to read up on Thai customs, they don't make the same marriage promises as Christians.

My wife gets zero money from me, she is younger than me, she is allowed to work and earn in Thailand.

to each his own. my father-in-law did not allow his daughters to work even though it p*ssed them off. after marrying one of his daughters i never allowed my wife to work (in the sense of leaving the house, getting a job and earning a salary). surprisingly, from that time onwards she was not and is not p*ssed off because of not having a job.

on a more serious note... a wife has a fulltime job running a tight household ship. domestic employees might take over some menial work but add managerial work on her. that applies especially when the husband has a demanding job 12-14 hours a day and quite often 7 days a week and she is required to shield him from petty problems. that also applies in case the husband retires and wants to lead a quiet and comfortable retiree life in Thailand.

Both you and the fil sound like dictators. I would never put that restriction on anyone.

Don't start me on the shoes though Naam... blink.pngsad.png

what about handbags and belts? ermm.gif

Smokies or his Missus ... tongue.png

Its all good gents. Except for scarves...I've never really liked those as an accessory....:P

Edited by smokie36