TrueVisions To Increase Number Of HD Channels To 17 On July 16

webfact

I have had the Gold package for some time now and the local True shop is saying I have to buy the new box for 3-4,000 bhat otherwise I can't continue with the Gold package. They don't say the programmes can't be received on the new box they are actually saying that I can not buy the package once the change of boxes comes into effect.

Does anybody have any info on this.

I am not bothered about HD and am happy to have to watch the moronic football matches in normal viewing format.

I have Gold as well and my (old) box suddenly stopped working, so I phoned them up. A man from True came round the next day and replaced the box with, presumably, the new HD box. I wasn't charged, although I suppose it might turn up on my next monthly bill!

Would be very interesting to know what box you have now and if you do get charged. I am going to email True I think and try and get it from the horses mouth. Seems unfair if you and another poster get theboxes for free and some are charged. I suppose that is just LOS logic though.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had the Gold package for some time now and the local True shop is saying I have to buy the new box for 3-4,000 bhat otherwise I can't continue with the Gold package. They don't say the programmes can't be received on the new box they are actually saying that I can not buy the package once the change of boxes comes into effect.

I am not bothered about HD and am happy to have to watch the moronic football matches in normal viewing format.

I have Gold and they called me recently and advised they needed to upgrade my box.

Certainly no charge and they have given a free trial of HD, also it's a far better picture on the standard channels.

Thanks, as I have posted before will email True. very interesting to hear your experience.

I have the Platinum package and also pay for the existing HD channels.

If... I understand and believe what True are offering ,then after July 16th my Platinum service, with not just the present 3 channels will be increased to all their HD channels....now wait for it.......FREE !!

Therefor I can stop paying,as I do at present,for the HD service.

This will reduce my present bill from 2,445 baht a month by 290 baht...a new monthly total of 2155 baht.

Just dont believe it!!

What do you mean "not the real ESPN"

to get HD F1 and MotoGP would be wonderful.

Add HD Setanta please.wai.gif

ESPN HD has been free to view months on the Palapa D satellite - but for the F1 you do not get the diver interviews and startv f1 show on ESPN HD

I have Gold and they called me recently and advised they needed to upgrade my box.

Certainly no charge and they have given a free trial of HD, also it's a far better picture on the standard channels.

Have found out why they are charging me. For some reason the other half went out and bought the decoder box a couple of years ago. As True website says free swap for silver, gold and platinum users up to June 30th but that is if you are renting the box. If the decoder is owned then it is a case of having to buy a new box rather than them changing it for free under the terms of the lease agreement.

Well that's sorted that out unfortunately 3,700B to my detriment. Think I need to have a word with the other half.

Is this just for cable user's and not those that can only use a satellite dish as my understanding is that if you have cable you currently get 11 HD channels where as with satellite we only get 3 of which 1 is Thai and what about gold subscribers what do they get !!!!

I have just seen a message on my TV from Truevisions that says BOTH 'platinum' satellite and cable users WILL receive all 17 channels free of charge!!!!

Is this just for cable user's and not those that can only use a satellite dish as my understanding is that if you have cable you currently get 11 HD channels where as with satellite we only get 3 of which 1 is Thai and what about gold subscribers what do they get !!!!

I have just seen a message on my TV from Truevisions that says BOTH 'platinum' satellite and cable users WILL receive all 17 channels free of charge!!!!

The wife jus got back from the True office in CR and they said if we sign up for Platinum package it includes HD channels at no extra charge for as long as we sucribe. There is a refundable deposit of 2K BHT for the box and we get one month free. Gold package you have to pay 290 BHT/month extra for the HD channels.

We are up country on Satellite and True office in CR said Satellite customers will only be able to get the currently availalble 3 HD channels for the forseeable future.

In chiang rai you will get 17 hd channels on satalite starting on the 16th. true in cr dont know what they are talking about...i had to inform them today july 2. Try and ask again you will get good news.

The wife jus got back from the True office in CR and they said if we sign up for Platinum package it includes HD channels at no extra charge for as long as we sucribe. There is a refundable deposit of 2K BHT for the box and we get one month free. Gold package you have to pay 290 BHT/month extra for the HD channels.

We are up country on Satellite and True office in CR said Satellite customers will only be able to get the currently availalble 3 HD channels for the forseeable future.

CR has dif OTA settings than that used in BKK. That's why U will only see 3 HD for awhile.

The olympics will also be broadcast live in Chiangrai in hd! Yes we are thru with 3 choices in hd 2 watchable 17 on the 16th boxes will be updated on july 15th to add the new hd programing

CR has dif OTA settings than that used in BKK. That's why U will only see 3 HD for awhile.

You will get all 17 hd chanels over sat in chiangrai starting on the 16th the same as bkk. Ask true in cr again as they were informed by myself.

Not to be augmentive, but what is your source? Is it the same True and Nation annoucements well have all read which leaves questions in the minds of many as to whether it will include all the HD channels on satellite. Assuming you are just another person like me (i.e., a TrueVisions customer) why should the True service center/shop believe what we say over what their company tells them (or don't tell them)?

Just ask them once more ok and you will be pleased. or call true. Anyway you will have the new hd programing on the 16 th of july your set top box firmware will be updated on the15th! SEE YOU AT RICOS CHIANGRAI CORNER

If... I understand and believe what True are offering ,then after July 16th my Platinum service, with not just the present 3 channels will be increased to all their HD channels....now wait for it.......FREE !!

This will reduce my present bill from 2,445 baht a month by 290 baht...a new monthly total of 2155 baht.

Just dont believe it!!

I expect they mean you will get the extra channels free, i.e. no extra charge, so you will still be paying the 2,445 Baht monthly.

Check your next bill and let us know.

• Like 1

Just dont believe it!!

I expect they mean you will get the extra channels free, i.e. no extra charge, so you will still be paying the 2,445 Baht monthly.

If you have one HD box the Platinum service "without the B290 HD fee" your monthly charge should change to B2155.15...hopefully in July unless maybe you are still under the 12 month contract period and TrueVisions won't change the cost until the end of your contract....I sure hope there ain't some fine print like that. Two boxes would be B2,592.78. And a third box would be the same B2,592.78 if you signed up under below ongoing promotion--this promotion shows the "regular" prices "without" any HD service (other than any free HD service you may be getting).

As FYI I've had the TrueVisions Plantinum package and two boxes for years...paid the same B2592.78 total charge (includes the box rental/mx fee and VAT) for years. About a month ago I took advantage of the promotion to get a 3rd box/outlet for free other than the B2000 box deposit fee which you get back when turning in the box...there was also no installation charge. So, now I have three HD boxes/outlets at a monthly cost of two boxes....hard to beat free on a monthly fee for a third box. I never signed up for the HD monthly service but I've been getting the current HD channels for free because when they upgraded me/swapped out my standard resolution boxes for HD boxes a couple of months ago it came with 1 month free HD service and everyone is getting another month of HD service for free due to the EURO2012 issue....and come 16 July it sure appears the 17 HD channels will be free/just part of the standard Plantinum package. Now whether the folks on satellite will get all 17 HD channels there is still some question about that....hopefully they will. I'm on cable here in Bangkok.

post-55970-0-20257400-1341289146_thumb.j

Unfortunately it won't be the "real" ESPN HD. Now you'll be able to see soccer in HD.

THRILLS! rolleyes.gif

Or, if you change your channel to 114 you will get ASN and soon start seeing American NFL football (yea!). This channel is back for another 4 years. Now it is primarily Lacrosse which is almost like watching Trace Sports, but then there is NFL Access and exhibition NFL games which start next month.

It does not look like ASN is one of the channels they will have HD on, which is too bad as watching American football on HD is something I always look forward to when I am back in the States.

I got quoted 9000 Baht to change my old box to the new HD box (in Laos), which I have been informed, I will have to do in the next few months to continue to view.

Good bye Truevisions jerk.gif

I know you are talking TrueVisions via satellite reception, but as FYI, when TrueVisions swapped out my cable standard definition (SD) boxes for HD boxes here in Bangkok a few months ago I asked (through my Thai wife interpretor) the TrueVisions techs doing the swap-out when would the old SD digitial boxes had really stopped working? I said I had heard an 1 Oct 12 date in one news article although when a TrueVisions rep calls saying they need to do a swapout they make it sound it its just days/weeks away. They said that date was now Feb 13...maybe their swapout schedule is going slower than planned for various reasons. Right now transmissions flow out under two encrytions (Iredeo 2 and Videoguard) allowing old and new boxes to receive/decrypt the transmissions.

I also had another question on my mind regarding does TrueVisions also have an analog signal cable system in some areas compared to digital signal cable system in most areas as some ThaiVisa posts indicates folks on analog boxes/cable had to be switched earlier....I'm still unclear on the cable analog and cable digital thing....if TrueVisions has (had) both type of cable transmissions running. Now, TrueVisions via satellite is only digital as far as I know.

But anyway, if correct regarding the date when the old encryption (Iredeo 2) used on older boxes would stop being broadcast along with the new encrytion (Videoguard) used on the newer/HD boxes then maybe you have until early 2013 before needing a new box.

Edited by Pib

I was told by one of Truevisions "engineers" that on July 16th when the new HD channels come to force, all Irdeto channels will cease to function as the bandwidth is being taken up by the new HD channels. So anyone with the old boxes will have to change their LNB to C band to carry on watching basic thai tv.

Just dont believe it!!

My new bill is lower......no charge for HD !!

Just dont believe it!!

My new bill is lower......no charge for HD !!

A result then thumbsup.gif