How Best To Get Rent Money Back To Uk

Wife (Thai), child and me are going back to UK, and have secured long-term rents on our properties here.

Properties and rentals all in wife's name, so I'm not a party to the money situation.

What's the best way to get the rent to us in UK, on a regular basis (not necessarily every month), and any particular bank and method to use?

Why dont you just draw it out via the ATM in the UK?

Easiest and possibly cheapest way to do it.

Had thought about that, but it's certainly not cheap! International handling fee of somewhere around 3% of amount withdrawn, then another couple of hundered baht on top. That's not cheaper than a TT.

Also, we won't need the monthly rent each 'month'. Happy to organise TT's, say, every 4 or 5 months : fewer transactions means lower fees.

Thanks, though. But, any other ideas?

Had thought about that, but it's certainly not cheap! International handling fee of somewhere around 3% of amount withdrawn, then another couple of hundered baht on top. That's not cheaper than a TT.

Also, we won't need the monthly rent each 'month'. Happy to organise TT's, say, every 4 or 5 months : fewer transactions means lower fees.

If they are westerner's rent your propertys then why dont you just get them to make bank payments to your Uk Bank account and cut out Thailand of this loophole ? Westerner's will have bank accounts in there own country and can TT to you easy enough ?

The Best Way

Really, I was charged 40 Baht for taking out 300 quid with SCB Master/Debit card..thats less than 0.3%...check it out....or maybe HMRC could helplaugh.png

Use Bangkok Bank. They have a branch in London so if you are based in the UK you can channel any enquiries through them if a problem comes up.

thats the best way to do it,my wife had a property in the uk rent paid into uk bank and trans.to los once a year,so if you set it up before you leave then all you have to do is watch the exchange rate,bht.to £,i would think it is best to get trans.in sterling as the banks in the uk would give y about 10bht diff.