Thailand And China Develop Anti HIV Supplement

Jai Dee

THAILAND AND CHINA HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DEVELOPED ANTI-HIV SUPPLEMENT FROM INDIGENOUS MEDICINAL PLANTS

Thailand and China have successfully developed anti-HIV supplement from indigenous medicinal plants, which will be available in the market within 3 months.

Deputy Director-general of the Medical Science Department, MD. Pongpan Vongmanee (พงษ์พันธ์ วงศ์มณี) disclosed that the department has been working in collaboration with the Botany Institute of Kun Ming to develop anti-HIV supplement from five indigenous plants. The first three plants, namely Ing-chern (อิงเฉิน), Gun-chao (กันเฉ่า), and Sung-pai-pi (ซังไปผี) have the anti-viral quality, while the Huang Chee (หวงฉี) is a herb that helps increase immunity and finally Hong-hwa (หงฮวา) helps facilitate blood circulation.

The newly formulated drug is called SH Instan. It has been tested on 120 volunteers, and has not appeared to cause allergies, raising potential that it could actually improve lives of HIV-infected patients. However, the SH Instan acts only as a herbal supplement which needs to be taken with the main anti-HIV drug.

In the meantime, the Office of Food and Drug Administration has already registered SH Instan as an indigenous drug and they expect to distribute the drug in the market in a few months time.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 11 January 2006

• 3 months later...

:o

Are these available from Chinese Herbalists I wonder,the herbs that is?

Does anyone know if there readily available?

Yes, there is now a Medicinal Tea from China AVAILABLE in Thailand against HIV/AIDS.

The tea is called : REVIVO

It's only available at the TIANZI TEA HOUSE, 119/1 Kampangdin Rd. Chang Mai

...opposite the Mae Ping Imperial Hotel.

Also directly available from China. Please visit : www.natureproducts.net

...go to Herbal Medicine first to find REVIVO....and enjoy the whole website as well!!!!

Good luck everyone!

:D

Are these available from Chinese Herbalists I wonder,the herbs that is?

Does anyone know if there readily available?

I suggest you contact these people:

Lampang Medicinal Plants Conservation Assembly

177 Moo 12

Ban Kelangtong

Kanmuang Road

Tambon Bawhaew

Muang Lampang 52100.

Tel. 054-313128 or e-mail [email protected]

They're based just south of Chiang Mai and I visited their place - it's big and well-organised with a good reputation (I think they are government-supported?). They grow a lot of their own medicinal plants and source others locally - and process the material to produce capsules, balms etc in very clean and well-equipped preparation rooms.

Maybe they supply a stockist near you. In any case they also do mail order (English and Thai catalogues).

They also have a website - but it's all in Thai: http://www.herblpg.com/th/

Check out this English language link to get a better idea of what they supply:

http://www.chiangraiprovince.com/guide/eng/31.htm