Where To Buy Extra Large Motorcycle Helmet Huay Kwang?

robbie22

Good luck Robbie22. Please, please, please post back if you find that half style in XL or larger (for less than a week's wages).

I just left Top Guns on the corner of Rama 4 and Suk 42 where I ended up buying an XXL full helmet because all the beanie styles (that I wanted) were mediums. I did buy another 3/4 style XL helmet that I think I can modify a little bit to fit my fat head.

They had literally hundreds of helmets, but the lady claimed none of the beanie styles were my size.

Still, I recommend the shop if you're looking for a wide selection of helmets. Friendly and patient- very patient.

Good luck Robbie22. Please, please, please post back if you find that half style in XL or larger (for less than a week's wages).

I just left Top Guns on the corner of Rama 4 and Suk 42 where I ended up buying an XXL full helmet because all the beanie styles (that I wanted) were mediums. I did buy another 3/4 style XL helmet that I think I can modify a little bit to fit my fat head.

They had literally hundreds of helmets, but the lady claimed none of the beanie styles were my size.

Still, I recommend the shop if you're looking for a wide selection of helmets. Friendly and patient- very patient.

Thanks for your comments will post back when i find one.

Thanks for your comments will post back when i find one.

I found my helmet at Big C Ratchada was surprised I have a large head and it fits with room to spare. Index model half helmet 199 baht. Perfect for me. Thanks to those who replied.

Saphan Kwai is not too far from Huay Kwang. Right under the BTS Saphan Kwai station on the roughly east side of the street (same side as Big C), there are motorcycle accessory shops all the way north to the khlong. One of the ones closest to the BTS stairs is run by a youngish snooty Chinese weasel, but has a good selection of Thai helmets. Avex seems to fit my big old melon best, but he has Index, etc., also.

Quality of Thai helmets is not really that good, however, so you have to decide what your head is worth. They're ALL less than 1000 baht...

I'm sure it's been covered in zillions of blogs, but I'm too lazy to look.

Is there any information out there regarding the relative merits of a full helmet with additional protection, but very poor hearing and restricted vision vs a half-shell with less protection but no degradation in hearing and no restricted vision?

I can understand the need for a $800 full helmet on race day, but I'm more interested in scooting through the mean streets between 0-60 km/hr. I'm a little concerned about wearing my brandy new full helmet when I'm so accustomed to hearing and seeing what's around me, especially given the tendency for local riders to come from directions I wouldn't expect them to be coming from.

BTW, thanks robbie22 and Sateev for good info!

Edited by impulse