Thinking Of Buying A Civic

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new HoNDA civic is just bland ,apart from resale value it has nothing going for it ,i much prefered the old one ,actually the chevy cruze is a much nicer car and i just saw the new sonic ,and must say i am very impressed

Looks like you are right, just look at http://autos.yahoo.com/news/five-popular-cars-to-avoid-20120807.htm

Too many short cuts, noisy cabin & vague steering so better stay away. They said Mazda 3 is better.

The new HoNDA civic is just bland ,apart from resale value it has nothing going for it ,i much prefered the old one ,actually the chevy cruze is a much nicer car and i just saw the new sonic ,and must say i am very impressed

Not sure i dare say this for fear of thaicruze making a return, but the new updated version of the Cruze i must admit really has done something for its looks. Not that is was bad looking in the first place. But the update has helped. I saw my first 4 door Focus the other day and that looked pretty good too. The Civic is so conservative by comparison. Just imagine how it is going to look in two or three years time. It will need something radical in the way of an update to have any chance of saving it. Not commercially i don't mean. It's a Honda. Say no more.

Well I just bought a second hand Camry 2009 model.

Nice drive, but looks very plastic inside but some decent features.

How much you paid for it?

400K, but it was from a family member who really looks after his cars. Its in perfect condition, not a scratch on it and goes well...... But it has a history and did have a few scratches....... or 4 holes in the side and through the roof smile.png But insurance fixed it all up, changed the number plates too smile.png

So I got a nice steal. Its the top model too. Got the sat nav, has no key, the door opens when you have the controler in your pocket and got the button to start the car.

Edited by WebBangkok

400K, but it was from a family member who really looks after his cars. Its in perfect condition, not a scratch on it and goes well...... But it has a history and did have a few scratches....... or 4 holes in the side and through the roof smile.png But insurance fixed it all up, changed the number plates too smile.png

So I got a nice steal. Its the top model too. Got the sat nav, has no key, the door opens when you have the controler in your pocket and got the button to start the car.

...4()holes...no wonder you got a good deal...tongue.png

...4()holes...no wonder you got a good deal...tongue.png

did they get the blood stains out or was extra? lol

^ So I've heard: what's with that?

Have you seen the adverts on TV ?

have you seen lots of Thais trying to park ?

Ford has the answer Active Park Assist, maybe order books are full

would be good excuse anyway

lol, no blood stains.

"apparently" what happen was it was a road rage incident where the other person fired a few shots but nobody was injured.

...and you believed...tongue.png

For a car half the price of what its worth, I believed :)

I think its safe, car number plates changed, now registered as a different owner. Should be no problems.

lol, no blood stains.

"apparently" what happen was it was a road rage incident where the other person fired a few shots but nobody was injured.

For a car half the price of what its worth, I believed smile.png

I think its safe, car number plates changed, now registered as a different owner. Should be no problems.

...the shooter may not find you...but the Ghost can't be fooled...w00t.gif ...why do you think it was half price ?laugh.png

lol, no blood stains.

For a car half the price of what its worth, I believed smile.png

Get it painted.

Yes, well its her car and the WT is mine.

So hopefully no more dents. She is actually a good driver, but her parking is a bit suspect. But she is only 5'0 and its probably harder since she car hardly see over the dashboard.

I will post a picture of another Thai bird parking in our car park. The worst I have ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Civic is a crap car. I think the new one adds a better interior but I would NEVER buy a car that got a "DON'T BUY" rating from Consumer Reports. I drove last year's model. Cost like 900,000+ baht. The ride was horrendous and drove me into a Chevrolet showroom.

Just get her an entry level City and call it a day, if you want Honda.

Toyota doesn't have anything. You can skip it.

Ford fiesta has probably the worst interior of all of them.

I have the Cruze. Love it.

The Mitsubishi Lancer is nice also.

Civic, not so much.

Edited by thaicruze

I think the Civic is a crap car. I think the new one adds a better interior but I would NEVER buy a car that got a "DON'T BUY" rating from Consumer Reports. I drove last year's model. Cost like 900,000+ baht. The ride was horrendous and drove me into a Chevrolet showroom.

Just get her an entry level City and call it a day, if you want Honda.

Toyota doesn't have anything. You can skip it.

Ford fiesta has probably the worst interior of all of them.

I have the Cruze. Love it.

The Mitsubishi Lancer is nice also.

Civic, not so much.

...forgot the New Focus? smile.png

I like the Focus, but it's too small like the Mazda 3. For ME. Doesn't mean it's bad. I just want more space.

But if you're thinking about spending Civic money, better put it towards a Focus.

The 2012 Civic is somewhat of a fail for me. It's also not as spacious as it should be. It's basically a slightly bigger City, so just save the money and get a top of the line City for 700,000.

Honda and Toyota aren't selling anything worth buying. Toyota keeps pumping out the same cars they've been selling for the last 10 years with face lifts. and Honda is dreaming. But out of the 2, the City is, for me, the only worth buying. otherwise, just get something else.

Edited by thaicruze
  • Like 1

Not sure i dare say this for fear of thaicruze making a return, but the new updated version of the Cruze i must admit really has done something for its looks. Not that is was bad looking in the first place. But the update has helped. I saw my first 4 door Focus the other day and that looked pretty good too. The Civic is so conservative by comparison. Just imagine how it is going to look in two or three years time. It will need something radical in the way of an update to have any chance of saving it. Not commercially i don't mean. It's a Honda. Say no more.

If i post on this topic I wouldn't say anything about Chevy. This is about the Honda Civic which, in my opinion, sucks ass.

Not to mention Consumer Reports themselves said "DO NOT BUY THIS CAR".

Just get the top City and save some money.

http://news.consumer...ecommended.html

Overall, while the Civic EX does score better than the LX, it still doesn’t score high enough for us to recommend. That’s because multiple inherent problems remain, including a choppy ride, abundant road noise, vague steering, and cheap interior. We do expect the Civic to be reliable, but that alone doesn’t make it a good car.

Hopefully Honda can address the Civic’s shortcomings in a mid-cycle refresh. But for now, the Civic remains a considerable fumble in a newly competitive market segment.

That was after saying the brakes were crap. and the obvious "it's too expensive for what it is", which is worse in Thailand since the Civic worth buying starts at 900,000 baht. Ridiculous.

Vague steering, choppy ride, ABUNDANT road noise and CHEAP interior are the exact same things I experienced when I drove it last year on my test drive.

Yes, we know it has good resale value (but you can argue that of almost any car here), yes, Hondas are reliable, but the 2012 Civic is crap.

Edited by thaicruze

I beg to differ in regards to the new Civic..I've juz collected mine..although bland as many had said..It's really fuel sipping then previous generation Civic and the ECO button does get you in the mood to keep the green lights on the dashboad..fun!

Begs the question, why put an ECO button at all? Do they think people DON'T want to save money on gas? WHy not design it so that it is good on gas? period.. Without silly ECO buttons. How much more of fuel economy do you get out of pressing the green ECO button?

How about you develop NEW engines and put it in the cars instead of putting the same old crap, just like Toyota. The BRAND NEW ALL NEW Camry STILL has a 4 speed automatic.

If someone gave me a free Honda or Toyota I would sell it and get something else.

Edited by thaicruze

Interesting what the owners have to say about that stupid ECO button. It's a marketing schtick for sure and it'll be off more than on.

http://www.9thgenciv...low-speeds.html

Hi Guys,

Just got my 2012 Civic EX and love it so far.

I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed that when driving at slow speeds for example coasting at 30km/h it feels like the car down shifts and makes it feel jerky then when you press the gas again it feels like its struggling and goes again. This seems to only be the case when the Eco mode button is on.

Not sure if something is wrong with my car or not any help would be great.

Also what L/100 are you guys getting I am getting 7.1 kinda disappointing but I only have 500km on the car so far.

Ryan

Although I drive 85% of the time with eco mode off, I've noticed this too on the few times I had it on like in school zones or neighborhoods.

ECO mode... laugh.png

All Honda and Toyota need is a bankruptcy. It worked with GM.

Look at what it did to the Optra. Before and After almost certain death

2086828_1.jpg

493336.1-lg.jpg

chevrolet-optra-magnum-dashboard-059.JPG

chevrolet-cruze-TH-20.jpg

Edited by thaicruze

Cruze, you manage to bring the Chevy even in a thread dedicated to Honda Civic? I can understand your love of your car, but please... There is one thread for that, do not pollute every single thread on the board with rants about Toyota and Honda or worst, pictures of your beloved Cruze...cheesy.gif

Furthermore... Why three posts?

I beg to differ in regards to the new Civic..I've juz collected mine..although bland as many had said..It's really fuel sipping then previous generation Civic and the ECO button does get you in the mood to keep the green lights on the dashboad..fun!

Begs the question, why put an ECO button at all? Do they think people DON'T want to save money on gas? WHy not design it so that it is good on gas? period.. Without silly ECO buttons. How much more of fuel economy do you get out of pressing the green ECO button?

How about you develop NEW engines and put it in the cars instead of putting the same old crap, just like Toyota. The BRAND NEW ALL NEW Camry STILL has a 4 speed automatic.

If someone gave me a free Honda or Toyota I would sell it and get something else.

It's true you don't get A LOT OF FUEL ECONOMY by pressing the ECO button but to me personally-It's an intresting way to get drivers to save fuel.Gimmicks or not-Only Honda engineers know.Honda's SOHC R18 engines ARE already good on gas.As the saying goes-if it ain't broken,why fix it?"

I come from a country where the same Honda Civic of the same model costs 4.5 million bahts!To me-The civic sold in Thai is dam_n cheap!

Toyota is crap but the latest updated Altis has a 7-speed transmission in case u do not know.I wouldn't wanna add in my ride to the taxi population in thai.

I sense that you are very protective+defensive towards your Korean-engined+thai assembled cruze.Back in my country-I drive a Korean as well and I must say the Korean cars are really ready to take over Toyota+Honda if they have a thai assembly plant!

Taken from thaicruze's link of 9th Gen Civic-"I was shocked to find that after reading the Honda technical paper four times that the 1.8 is really very different in how it makes power. In brief, it was designed to have the power of a 2.0 yet the fuel economy of a 1.5. This is accomplished in innovative ways. The main theme that stuck out was that it uses the high lift power cams first, yes first. They are always on until economy conditions are called for, then VTEC switches on to the low lift cams. Yes you read that correctly. They give the great gas mileage, and are used in low load conditions between 1000 and 3500 rpm."

This might be how the ECO button worked?

Taken from thaicruze's link of 9th Gen Civic-"I was shocked to find that after reading the Honda technical paper four times that the 1.8 is really very different in how it makes power. In brief, it was designed to have the power of a 2.0 yet the fuel economy of a 1.5. This is accomplished in innovative ways. The main theme that stuck out was that it uses the high lift power cams first, yes first. They are always on until economy conditions are called for, then VTEC switches on to the low lift cams. Yes you read that correctly. They give the great gas mileage, and are used in low load conditions between 1000 and 3500 rpm."

How is the 1.8 from the 9th gen different from the 1.8 of the 8th gen? A friend gets about 12 km/l around my parts.

How is the 1.8 from the 9th gen different from the 1.8 of the 8th gen? A friend gets about 12 km/l around my parts.

It has to get more than that, I get that out of my pick-up.