Why Oh Why Do They Do It? (Motorbike Rentals)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheesy.gif LOL, sorry not laughing at the people being injured but at the scenario

Just witnessed same if not worse case.

One of the guests in my hotel, decided he wants to rent the bike, i did ask him if he knows how to ride and the answer was yes sure.

Anyhow, after doing all the paperwork, he jumps on the bike, starts it and with full throttle goes straight into the middle of the road.

Hotel is located on the main road, so he went right across 4 lanes. went down and by pure miracle was not run over by an oncoming bus.

That ended his rental period, :(

A mate of mine, has a bike rental shop.

a group of 4 Korean guys came to rent 2 bikes.

First 2, got all the paperwork done, jumped on the bike and drove straight into the wall of the building next door.

Next 2, swore they could ride and no problem, well these 2 not only drove straight into the wall, but also through the wooden fence, into the restairant next door, knocking down 2 tables and few chairs(lucky there were no people eating at those tables)

Naturally the lot were not able to continue to rent and were made to pay not only for the bikes, but damage to the restaurant

While all was scary to watch, it was also very funny, i guess its like a black humor

• Like 1

cheesy.gif LOL, sorry not laughing at the people being injured but at the scenario

One of the guests in my hotel, decided he wants to rent the bike, i did ask him if he knows how to ride and the answer was yes sure.

Anyhow, after doing all the paperwork, he jumps on the bike, starts it and with full throttle goes straight into the middle of the road.

Hotel is located on the main road, so he went right across 4 lanes. went down and by pure miracle was not run over by an oncoming bus.

That ended his rental period, sad.png

First 2, got all the paperwork done, jumped on the bike and drove straight into the wall of the building next door.

Next 2, swore they could ride and no problem, well these 2 not only drove straight into the wall, but also through the wooden fence, into the restairant next door, knocking down 2 tables and few chairs(lucky there were no people eating at those tables)

Naturally the lot were not able to continue to rent and were made to pay not only for the bikes, but damage to the restaurant

While all was scary to watch, it was also very funny, i guess its like a black humor

Ouch! crying.gif

From that I would guess that you beat my 'fastest bike rental'.

BUT ......why do they do it???? wacko.png

Ouch! crying.gif

From that I would guess that you beat my 'fastest bike rental'.

BUT ......why do they do it???? wacko.png

i think because they think its like riding a bicycle.

I mean it looks so easy, i remember when i first decided to buy a bike.

It looked easy, so i bought a new bike but lucky was smart enough to let my gf at the time drive it home.

Next day, i got dressed and got on it to go shopping only to find myself slamming straight into the wall.

I think back now and can not stop laughing, i was like Fred Flinstone, with my legs.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Some time ago I dropped a colleague in Fisherman's village & continued along the one way system intending to rejoin the ring road. As I cleared the 'S' bend at the rear of the big hotel at the end of FV I saw a woman of around 20 clearly on a bike for the very first time. As soon as the bike started to move she flapped & opened the throttle instead of closing it & went straight into a brick wall, resulting in costly front end damage to the bike & perhaps to her too. Her helmet was in the front basket & rolled down the road like a bowling ball.

This must have been a very expensive 5 second ride.

I can drive a car but no bike expert. I only ride on the smaller islands and would never do it in places like Pattaya with 'proper' traffic but why would you go get a bike with gears and stuff? I'll stick with those click and go ones, what's the hurry?

I noticed a couple chalk marks (or sprayed) on the ring road just before Makro coming from Bophut this morning. It looked like the outline of 2 bodies. I've never seen this here before, could it be being done as an awareness campaign or was it actually where 2 people died? Made me think as I passed. They should spray these marks all over the island.

The last couple of days I've seen some of the worst scooter riders on the ring road. There is enough to deal with without newbies in la-la land. They really don't know how close to death they are. Like a young springbok detached from the herd totally oblivious to 2 cement mixers, 5 beer trucks and 8 minivans circling!

• Like 2

I noticed a couple chalk marks (or sprayed) on the ring road just before Makro coming from Bophut this morning. It looked like the outline of 2 bodies. I've never seen this here before, could it be being done as an awareness campaign or was it actually where 2 people died? Made me think as I passed. They should spray these marks all over the island.

May be 2 homeless people marking their territorylaugh.png

• Like 2

Maybe they thought the restraunt was a drive through and fancied some noodles ha ha

• Like 2

I was sitting once with some clients in an open air hotel lobby. Giving them some advise about motorbike rental on the island (better renting a car, never leave your passport, be aware of left hand driving and so on). Just 2 seconds later, a couple crashed in front of the lobby. They didn't make it far... as the rental shop was just next door. rolleyes.gif Lucky. No injuries, but it looked quite impressive.

Guess... my clients were not even thinking to rent a bike anymore. clap2.gif

• Like 1

What was the paperwork? Can you scan in the contract you use and note what you need for deposit?

1000 baht is all needed for deposit, especially when its a guest in your hotel and no i will not scan the contract for you to copy and use.thumbsup.gif

I think some Farangs have been taking lessons of this guy !!!

Not sure what language they spoke, but almost identical to my customercheesy.gif

OZZZtralian I think, it's the only English spoken that needs English subtitles on the Telly! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Apologies to those Ozzies that speak proper English! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

I think some Farangs have been taking lessons of this guy !!!

Not sure what language they spoke, but almost identical to my customercheesy.gif

OZZZtralian I think, it's the only English spoken that needs English subtitles on the Telly! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

i think it was Irish, because i could not understand a wordtongue.png

i think it was Irish, because i could not understand a wordtongue.png

Unfortunately you would have to come from one of the eastern suburbs of London to catch this accent.

Sadly - they are English. But they do sound like they might come from Kings Cross in Sydney.

Look here

http://en.wikipedia....E_postcode_area

The last couple of days I've seen some of the worst scooter riders on the ring road. There is enough to deal with without newbies in la-la land. They really don't know how close to death they are. Like a young springbok detached from the herd totally oblivious to 2 cement mixers, 5 beer trucks and 8 minivans circling!

Normally spay paint around dead bodies of a road accident this is standard practice all over Thai.

Edited by John 1

Normally spay paint around dead bodies of a road accident this is standard practice all over Thai.

Hmmm Is the circle around the dead bodies so the police can find them, know where to look?

I think you'll find it marks the position & direction of vehicles rather than bodies.

position and direction of VEHICLE In the shape of human body?blink.png

no expert here, but i always thought they used arrows for that, not humans to lie down on the road and spray around them.

and i seriously doubt they used a blow up doll, since sex toys are illegal in Thailand

I think you'll find it marks the position & direction of vehicles rather than bodies.

no expert here, but i always thought they used arrows for that, not humans to lie down on the road and spray around them.

and i seriously doubt they used a blow up doll, since sex toys are illegal in Thailand

They spay position of wheels of a car (4 small squares) , and tires (2 semi round) for a bike and arrows marking direction.

Maybe they mark pedestrians with a body?

They spay position of wheels of a car (4 small squares) , and tires (2 semi round) for a bike and arrows marking direction.

Maybe they mark pedestrians with a body?

May be, they surely do not mark vehicle position and direction with a bodythumbsup.gif

I didn't even know neutering paint existed....technology moves fast doesn't it ;)

• Like 1