How Can I Get A Thai Girl To The Us?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is any consolation I was shocked to learn that a female who worked the bar trade in Patong was able to get a German visa no problem. 6 months after returning from Germany she dumped the German and took up with an American.

I met a Thai woman on a flight from Amsterdam to Bangkok. I had a friend a German living in Phuket for 10 years and he had encountered difficulty getting a German passport and Visa for his Thai son who was 7 years old. I asked her how she went about getting her Visa. She said she did not need one. Hah? She took out her passport and showed it to me. I looked blankly. "It's my friends passport!"

I am not sure of what you do for a living but my Thai girlfriend had no problem getting visas but she works in as a journalist in Bangkok and is a news editor. She first got two one year US visas and then she received a ten year visa. I have since retired and moved here on a OA long term Thai visa. Although I believe the fact that she had a good job was a big factor I wrote a very nice letter on my previous company letterhead stating that she was a friend of mine (not girlfriend) and that she would be staying at my home and would be with me the entire time she was in the states. I also believe that appearance is very important when being reviewed for the visa. If the girl looks like she is a bar worker she will be denied, also another big plus is if she can speak fairly good english. There are many things they take into consideration but appearance and employment are in my opinion the two biggest. Good luck

• Like 2

Thanks. No One clear path I guess. Some say document your relationshipp together. Sounds like your take is a long standing relationship may work against us. Sucks big time.

So eloquent.

whistling.gif It has nothing to do with the amount of money either you or she has.

What the U.S. immigration really wants to know is this...How can we be sure this woman who claims to want a tourist visa for a short visit to the U.S. intends to actually leave the U.S. after her visit is over?

So, if she appears to have family ties in Thailand, has a job and a decent income in Thailand, and she owns property....all those things are good indicators that she will return as she claims she will do.

If she doesn't have any of those things....that's a bad indicator for her real intentions.

In the end, someone at the U.S. embessy/consulate makes a decision based on his or her assesment of your girlfriend's true intentions to return to Thailand.

If your girlfriend can convince him/her that she is sincere about returning...she gets the tourist visa.

If your girlfriend doesn't convince that person....she doesn't get the tourist visa.

Other things may affect the decision.....but that part in bold is the crux of the matter.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

How important is money in the bank.

She is being told by a girl who has been to the US that I should put 100,000 into her account.

1), that is a lot of money to put at her fingertips, and 2 I find it hard to belive the imigration folks would put much weight on money that was put into the account a month before she applies for the visa.

I trust her, but she has no budgeting skills. Any money I put in her account is gone in days so i generally send small amounts. 100,000 would scare me a bit.

100,000 baht? or $100,000.

Obviously the second one is a no go..........the first one could be a cheap way to find out if she's a keeper or not. Stick in 25,000 baht every couple of months, Just tell her straight, that money is for the visa, it must be left alone and it must be allowed to build up so that immigration believes it came from her.

If she is as feckless as you say she is, she'll hammer the first 25,000 baht and then you'll know she's not worth the aggravation.

I bet you there are a few guys would have spent 25,000 baht early doors to find out that their lady wasn't worth the aggro in the end. coffee1.gif

I was actually already working on this one. She claims it will remain untouched, but you know how these 'emergencies" pop up all the time. your right though 25,000 is a cheap lesson learned.

Why don't you just check her out first, before doing anything regarding visa? Don't get it.

Do you want to show her to your guys in the States?

Edited by sirchai

You cannot just drop a bunch of money into her account hoping that qualifies for the money need. The US Embassy will want to see a money trail of how they money got there. They will expect to see regular deposits into the account over several months or years depending on the girl's income level.

The only way to get a tourist visa is to show that she owns income producing property, business, autos, etc. and has owned these for several years. Again, the US Embassy is keen on tricks of sudden ownership.

Do NOT do a Fiance visa - this is costly and seldom approved. Do NOT use Siam Legal as they will screw up your paperwork, then refuse your refund.

Do you know someone in the US who is willing to sponsor a Nanny, plus pay the expenses? That might work, but to be sure, the best and nearly the only way is to marry her. Get a good pre-nuptial agreement, marry her, take her to the US, then send her home and divorce her.

Were are you getting your information or you just make it up as you go? You are making statements that are not true. My GF got a tourist visa with out showing any income. We did have a loan on a car that was in her name, which I'm sure helped. We also submitted my work permit and my old passport along with my new passport showing all of my visa;s for the last 15 years. So saying she has to have income is not true. All that you have to prove is that she will return. With me having to return to my work this helped. My friend also got his GF a visa and she worked in Patpong for several years. She worked in a small restaurant/ bar so it was not like she was a gogo girl. But again my friend also had his work permit. So again all you need to prove she will return. You do need to show that either she has the money or you have the money for her trip. As for putting 100K in her account, what you can do is open a new account in her name deposit the 100K and you keep the ATM card and bank book so she cant access the account.

Good luck!!

You cannot just drop a bunch of money into her account hoping that qualifies for the money need. The US Embassy will want to see a money trail of how they money got there. They will expect to see regular deposits into the account over several months or years depending on the girl's income level.

The only way to get a tourist visa is to show that she owns income producing property, business, autos, etc. and has owned these for several years. Again, the US Embassy is keen on tricks of sudden ownership.

Do NOT do a Fiance visa - this is costly and seldom approved. Do NOT use Siam Legal as they will screw up your paperwork, then refuse your refund.

Do you know someone in the US who is willing to sponsor a Nanny, plus pay the expenses? That might work, but to be sure, the best and nearly the only way is to marry her. Get a good pre-nuptial agreement, marry her, take her to the US, then send her home and divorce her.

Were are you getting your information or you just make it up as you go? You are making statements that are not true. My GF got a tourist visa with out showing any income. We did have a loan on a car that was in her name, which I'm sure helped. We also submitted my work permit and my old passport along with my new passport showing all of my visa;s for the last 15 years. So saying she has to have income is not true. All that you have to prove is that she will return. With me having to return to my work this helped. My friend also got his GF a visa and she worked in Patpong for several years. She worked in a small restaurant/ bar so it was not like she was a gogo girl. But again my friend also had his work permit. So again all you need to prove she will return. You do need to show that either she has the money or you have the money for her trip. As for putting 100K in her account, what you can do is open a new account in her name deposit the 100K and you keep the ATM card and bank book so she cant access the account.

Good luck!!

My friend also got his GF a visa and she worked in Patpong for several years. She worked in a small restaurant/ bar so it was not like she was a gogo girl. But again my friend also had his work permit. So again all you need to prove she will return. You do need to show that either she has the money or you have the money for her trip. As for putting 100K in her account, what you can do is open a new account in her name deposit the 100K and you keep the ATM card and bank book so she cant access the account.

So it was not like she was a gogo girl. What did she do then to make money? Only the good looking ones make it to the gogo stage.

So, your idea is to open an account in her name and keep the ATM card and the bank book?

Which means that he should open a bank account for her to take her to the States,even if he can't trust her?

Edited by sirchai

It's actually very easy to get a girlfriend a visa to the USA/UK/Canada/Australia, etc., if you are a millionaire.

Nothing to do with paperwork, all to do with having a load of money.

Advice to the OP, become a millionaire or marry her first.

What a load of rubbish. I guess you've never applied for a visa? whistling.gif

Had a UK v/v for the gf, then got her a fiancee visa and have now got a v/v for the sister-in-law.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Good luck!!

My friend also got his GF a visa and she worked in Patpong for several years. She worked in a small restaurant/ bar so it was not like she was a gogo girl. But again my friend also had his work permit. So again all you need to prove she will return. You do need to show that either she has the money or you have the money for her trip. As for putting 100K in her account, what you can do is open a new account in her name deposit the 100K and you keep the ATM card and bank book so she cant access the account.

So it was not like she was a gogo girl. What did she do then to make money? Only the good looking ones make it to the gogo stage.

So, your idea is to open an account in her name and keep the ATM card and the bank book?

Which means that he should open a bank account for her to take her to the States,even if he can't trust her?

She was paid a salary as she was a bar tender. The bar she worked in was not a gogo bar more of a restaurant.

As for trusting it seems he's not sure, just giving him an idea to help not telling him to do or not do anything. Sometimes you are in love with someone that cant manage money does not mean they are a bad person. For me I never had such a problem as my wife is better at saving money than me. My GF did have about 200K in her account, which she saved up over the years. Don't know if that was any influence in their decision and I think it was more to do with me having a work permit. I also wrote a good letter and included my employment contract that still had 3 years left. Like I said you need to convince them she will return to Thailand. If you can do that she will get the visa.

She is being told by a girl who has been to the US that I should put 100,000 into her account.

1), that is a lot of money to put at her fingertips, and 2 I find it hard to belive the imigration folks would put much weight on money that was put into the account a month before she applies for the visa.

I trust her, but she has no budgeting skills. Any money I put in her account is gone in days so i generally send small amounts. 100,000 would scare me a bit.

Without marrying her and with her having no money in her account getting a U.S. visa is VERY difficult.

Especially if she is not highly educated.

I will tell you our story.

Even married and me having money they turned us down the first time.

She had two young daughters (this is 5 years ago, now they are not so young...).

We had already been married for 3 years, together for 5.

Had all the pictures and documents to prove it.

They did not even gander a glance at our mountain of paperwork.

I live here in LOS and have for decades.

We have no intention whatsoever in moving to the states.

At the time she owned 5 pieces of property and I had a job here teaching.

Her elderly mother also lives with us.

The reason they gave was she 'did not have sufficient ties to Thailand to make her want to return home'.

Total B.S. !

Basically they stole our non-refundable application fee.

Luckily I am friends with a congressman and he sent a letter to the consular general in Bkk.

That got her a one time travel with me visa.

I thought all good.

They gave her six months and she only stayed 2.

Now they trust her.

Think again...

Second time, turned down again.

Called the congressman.

He sent a letter again.

That got her a one time visit to fly by herself (yey, I was already there looking after my mom) to see my mother who had cancer at the time (my mother did in fact recover, thank you).

Third time I asked the congressman to send the letter ahead of time.

Slow learner.....

Got tired of multiple trips to Bkk.

That got her the long desired 10 year multiple entry tourist visa.

So, that is my story.

All I can relate is my own experience.

I wish you luck my friend.

P.S. I hear that once married and with sufficient funds getting a visa to immigrate is easier.

Thing is, once done she must stay in the states 6 months a year (or more).

If she does not, visa revoked.

So that was of no interest to us as we live here.

Side note : my father is a very respected lawyer and worked for the Federal government for 25 years.

Still, that was not enough without the congressional letter.

Again, best of luck my friend. wai.gif

Take her to Mexico instead. I'm not even sure if that is any easier, I guess it would be... or would it be a cinch??

I have heard this option before re : meeting the folks.

Yes, much easier.

Not so. Even then, are you going to make her swim the Rio Grande?

Edited by NewlyMintedThai

Good luck!!

One can in fact withdraw money from one's own account without an ATM card or a bank book.

Just think, what if you loose them or your house burns down ?

Think the bank won't give her her money ?

Think again.

Take her to Mexico instead. I'm not even sure if that is any easier, I guess it would be... or would it be a cinch??

Yes, much easier.

O K .

I just said that I had heard.

This from a U S citizen that did so so that his better half could meet the folks.....

Yes, much easier.

O K .

I just said that I had heard.

This from a U S citizen that did so so that his better half could meet the folks.....

P. S. Obviously the folks went to Mexico.

No swimming necessary.

Obviously the second one is a no go..........the first one could be a cheap way to find out if she's a keeper or not. Stick in 25,000 baht every couple of months, Just tell her straight, that money is for the visa, it must be left alone and it must be allowed to build up so that immigration believes it came from her.

If she is as feckless as you say she is, she'll hammer the first 25,000 baht and then you'll know she's not worth the aggravation.

I bet you there are a few guys would have spent 25,000 baht early doors to find out that their lady wasn't worth the aggro in the end. coffee1.gif

I was actually already working on this one. She claims it will remain untouched, but you know how these 'emergencies" pop up all the time. your right though 25,000 is a cheap lesson learned.

Why don't you just check her out first, before doing anything regarding visa? Don't get it.

Do you want to show her to your guys in the States?

Not sure what you mean by "check here out first"

No she is not a trophy to show off around town. Mostly I just want her to get a taste of the REAL lifestyle in the US. not the one she has seen on tv or heard about. Not all girls can adapt. i'm not in a position to move to LOS at this time. So, if she would need to stay in the states if we are to stay together.

When i got married back in 1998 we did the fiancee route and than got married in Md,

moved to Ca and filled for her permanent resident stay and the trouble began,\

after 6 months we were called for final interview and showed up in San Jose, They asked us why we were there<< and we showed them the letter, They said they had no records of her at all@!!!!!!!

After getting really pissed off at the clerk asked for the head guy an he met me. Told me he would "try" and get it straightened out but suggested we go to Mexico and come in as an illegal as the backlog was over 18 months !!!!

and he was serious>>>>

He got her the permanent green card and than after 6 months we had had enough of the states and left. What she had to do was get a parole which allowed her to remain outside the states for up to one year and than she could return without doing any paperwork

Anyway good luck

Tourist visa

she will need money in the bank ( min.. who knows but steady deposits are best over at least 6 months

Land/house/condo in her name

a good job and a boss that will give her a letter

u guys that replied it was taken into account that she was piggy backing on ur established stay in Thailand as u had work o permits an long term relationship.

They want to know she will come back and there are various scenarios that will work

At the end of the day ur at the mercy of some young kid first overseas posting (as they usually are) deciding ur future with ur gf /wife and that really sucks

For Fiancee u will need show a relationship over at min 6 months but longer better.

also it would help if u travel with her, Cambodia, Singapore, Laos wherever..

plus u need a good job and money in bank to support her

Marriage visa is even harder now, Friend of mine that had a kid with her husband and was married thai style still took her over 18 months to get a visa to go to the states!!.

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

I use the Escape Travel Card, it's a pre-pay credit card. I have one in my name and one in my gf's name. As it is in her name she can go into her bank and draw money and save the 150 baht ATM fee.

The money in the account is held in a Service A account, I have control of it. I can instantly transfer the money to the Service B account, which is in her name.

In an emergency, that is where the money comes from, once in 2 years I've had to use it to pay 1,500 emergency medical bill for her Mum. No problem.

My lady has capital of mine in her bank account, she knows why it's there and she would never dream of touching it. She knows I'm only a bbm message away.

Set up the same system with your lady, if she then still hammers your capital, dump her. Conscience clear, as simple as that.

She needs to show ties to Thailand. It could be money, property, employment. Having all 3 would be best.

One of the factors that is considered is the likelihood of her returning to Thailand and not be illegal in the USA.

Relationship history is important too.

Basically you have to show that she will leave the USA at the end of the trip.

This is the one you need to pay attention to. Not only money, property and employment, but education. Even when you have all these it takes a long time.

The problem is, that US immigration has had many, many problems with Thai girlfriends coming to the US on a tourist visa, then staying. No money, no job, no education etc., and etc. They are very leery.

I'm a Buddhist monk and I see it even with Thai monks coming to the US. Too many Thai monks get a visa to come here, on the premise that they will stay at some Thai Buddhist temple for a few months, then shed the robes and look for a job.

Some really good discussion here. Some urban myth as well, but all good in the end.

Insteresting having a Monk join the discussion. It brings me to somthing I have been thinking about. I think it is really important to put myself in her shoes. Everything she knows is in Thailand. She is very family oriented. She lives with her sisters, brother, and mom. She goes to Temple everyday. She loves Issan food.

I think a lot of us have forgotten the culture shock of visiting Thailand for the first time. Imagine yourself haivng to give up everything and everybody you know, and move to a diiferent culture, climate, and food. I like Thailand, but I havn't lived there. Not sure how I would do long term.

I've talked with a few guys from around the world who have tried making a life with a Thai girl in the west. Almost 100% of guys who brought their girl over on a fiance and made her stay long term failed in the long run. Guys who succeeded, brought her over for a few short trips before marriage. This gives her a chance to experience everything in the west and then go back home. Some girls never want to leave again, while others can't wait for the next trip. I think it's best to figure out which one she is before looking at the marriage visa.

Which of course brings us back to where we started. How can i get her a tourist visa.

First of all, I need to resign myself to the fact i will most likely be making a few more trips her way before she comes my way.

I'm looking into setting up a joint account through the New York branch of Bangkok Bank. that would at least give me some control over the money. it also dramaticly cuts my wire costs.

I'll start feeding the account over time. She will continue to work. She owns a car and motorbike, but I don't see myself financing anything in regard to land. At some point i guess we will just have to give it a try and see what happens.

I use the Escape Travel Card, it's a pre-pay credit card. I have one in my name and one in my gf's name. As it is in her name she can go into her bank and draw money and save the 150 baht ATM fee.

The money in the account is held in a Service A account, I have control of it. I can instantly transfer the money to the Service B account, which is in her name.

In an emergency, that is where the money comes from, once in 2 years I've had to use it to pay 1,500 emergency medical bill for her Mum. No problem.

My lady has capital of mine in her bank account, she knows why it's there and she would never dream of touching it. She knows I'm only a bbm message away.

Set up the same system with your lady, if she then still hammers your capital, dump her. Conscience clear, as simple as that.

It appears to me this is a UK product. Don't think it will work in the US.

Bin dere dun dat. I finally concluded it was much easier & cheaper to get a new Thai GF; than get a Tourist Visa for my 1st Thai GF. Used to be easy, but now much harder and you just puke money out to the Visa Companies. All in all, it is easier to find a new Thai GF than jump thru the the "Eye" of the Western Country Visa Routine. For 100k ThB / $10K USD, you can easily find a new Thai GF. Treat the current GF well, but make a clean break. Take care for disgruntled Family Members. I had 30 people screaming at me, when I pulled up stakes in 2011. It was a bit scary. I did give her about 15k ThB in compo. I figured she deserved that much.

Bin dere dun dat. I finally concluded it was much easier & cheaper to get a new Thai GF; than get a Tourist Visa for my 1st Thai GF. Used to be easy, but now much harder and you just puke money out to the Visa Companies. All in all, it is easier to find a new Thai GF than jump thru the the "Eye" of the Western Country Visa Routine. For 100k ThB / $10K USD, you can easily find a new Thai GF. Treat the current GF well, but make a clean break. Take care for disgruntled Family Members. I had 30 people screaming at me, when I pulled up stakes in 2011. It was a bit scary. I did give her about 15k ThB in compo. I figured she deserved that much.

That is just sad

• Like 1