Would You Take Your Children To Pattaya For A Family Holiday?

coolhandjoe

Would you take your children to Pattaya for a family holiday?Let's be honest now....  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You've never picked up a shop/supermarket/7-11 worker and subsequently paid them for sex?

You don't even need to visit Pattaya to do that.

Nurses and government workers ....... yep, my pals have done them too ......... the dirty dogs.

Are you seriously suggesting that 7-11, hospitals, and governments offices are sex related industries.?

Yermaneewai.gif

Don't forget school teachers. I mean seriously why do you think they come to this country? To educate Thai children on the wonders of obscure English dialects?

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post is an example why Thais (a conservative, almost a feudal society) have imposed visa rules that border with humiliation, at foreigners.

Interesting POV, seeing that in another post you admit to working in Thailand without a work permit.

Have you confused the words 'your' and 'my'.

What "work permit"?

For what? Nobody in Thai was paying me, they were receiving my services while my company (IBM) was paying me to do that, into my Australian bank account.

Why did not anyone haul me in chains and deported me? Contrary, I was welcome to come back to the sites over and over again, month after monh, year after year.

What I dislike in your tone is a whiff of disrespect for Thais as a nation.

Still, that is my opinion, I am not a Mod here to impose it on you.

For the sake of their well-being, I would never take kids to Pattaya since it seems to be full of depraved Farangs.

Seems like you might not know what you are talking about.

Change in avatar? Almost threw us off there.

Us, us are we royalty now?

That's a hot potato.

What "work permit"?

For what? Nobody in Thai was paying me, they were receiving my services while my company (IBM) was paying me to do that, into my Australian bank account.

Irrelevant where you are paid and by whom.

If the work is done inside Thailand, you need a work permit, else are breaking the law.

You have admitted to breaking Thai labour and VISA laws on a public forum.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

You've never picked up a shop/supermarket/7-11 worker and subsequently paid them for sex?

Nurses and government workers ....... yep, my pals have done them too ......... the dirty dogs.

Not that I don't believe it is possible (what you said) but still majority of Pattaya local folks are not like that. Your word against mine, no data and graphs.

My pals have flown to the Moon. Or at least they thought that's what had happened to them.

Your post is an example why Thais (a conservative, almost a feudal society) have imposed visa rules that border with humiliation, at foreigners.

Humiliation?!

Have you ever been to America?!

Guess not! Getting a Thai visa is a walk in the park!

God forbid you even remotely resemble someone from the Middle Eastwhistling.gif

There's more to Pattaya than Walking St, and you can fill an action packed week or two for children

quite easily, and they would love the place.

Here's a list of things they would love to do:

Crocodile Farm Not really in Pattaya

Tiger Zoo Tigar Kingdom in Mae Rim is much better and more family friendly

Nong Nooch A nice guarden, But agian not really in Pattaya and Queens garden in Chiang Mai is better

Flight of the Gibbon They have 3 in Thailand. The Chiang Mai one is really in the jungle

Elephant Trekking The rides throught the jungle in Mae rim are way better

Go Karting Pattaya has not 1 but 2 tracks

Mini Siam

Sanctuary of truth

Pattaya Park This one I would take my daughter to

Floating Market Really, in that dug out pond ? Try the one outside bangkok not the wannabe Pattaya one

Thepprasit Night Market Markets all over Thailand at better prices

Cinemas Pattaya does have a good selection and I would take my daughter but all of Thailand has

Ten Pin Bowling Again avalable everywhere

Ko Larn Beaches & Watersports Pattaya beach is the worst. Period

Need i continue, there's enough in the above list to fulfil any child's needs for an action packed few weeks.

and thats without needing to set foot in Walking Street or any other adult oriented areas.

Would i take my children to Pattaya? Already have, and they loved it and didn't want to go home, in fact they can't

wait to come back.

You forgot the aquarium, though there are a few in Thailand.

Really most of these things are not in Pattaya.

No I would not take my daughter there by choice.

With the kids, I take the car and simply traffic is the worst with no parking everywhere.

Cost are higher in Pattaya, and more than anything it is the attitude.

I would be wondering how many guys looking at my daughter would be wondering how much ?

I did have to go there with my daughter 1 time for work. Got the best room at the Marriot and she never left the grounds.

She flet like a queen in the room with everyone waiting on her like a princess !

Not that I don't believe it is possible (what you said) but still majority of Pattaya local folks are not like that. Your word against mine, no data and graphs.

My pals have flown to the Moon. Or at least they thought that's what had happened to them.

Humiliation?!

Have you ever been to America?!

Guess not! Getting a Thai visa is a walk in the park!

God forbid you even remotely resemble someone from the Middle Eastwhistling.gif

America?

3 years on and off. Still, the same thing: doing work, cutting code, back to Oz to port it, back to US for more.

Not even America was questioning anything (no visa for Aussies for up to 3 months).

Had I tried something from public services, they could have questioned my status. Fortunatelly, as in Thai, it was covered by "business trip" and I needed nothing from them.

What "work permit"?

Irrelevant where you are paid and by whom.

If the work is done inside Thailand, you need a work permit, else are breaking the law.

You have admitted to breaking Thai labour and VISA laws on a public forum.

Now, you know something about law. I need shute permit.

Pretty much as you know anything about anything.

Pattaya should look at Vagas !

in the 80's they tried the family friendly route and lost customer base.

They switched back to what happens in Vagas stays in Vagas !

And adult play town. Go have fun, spend money and go home.

Worked for them.

Pattaya why don't you be true and stop trying to kid yourself and everyone else

Worked for them.

Because Thai people are not Western people. It simply does not bother Thai people to have both. The only time they ever mention it is to impress gullible Farangs who pay the bills.

• Like 1

Worked for them.

Thais have been trying that for 5 years. Some streets I could not recognize - all cyrilic banners.

All the Dmitries and Olegs, with their families, to change the shape of Pattaya. Middle class Russians need no visa, same as Aussies, a rare place where they can just go.

Some portals report that Pattaya is losing it's charm as a sex destination.

An Asian way to fight something widely disliked (by Thais) without new administrative barriers. Even relaxing some visa rules (for Russians).

Worked for them.

Thais have been trying that for 5 years. Some streets I could not recognize - all cyrilic banners.

All the Dmitries and Olegs, with their families, to change the shape of Pattaya. Middle class Russians need no visa, same as Aussies, a rare place where they can just go.

Some portals report that Pattaya is losing it's charm as a sex destination.

An Asian way to fight something widely disliked (by Thais) without new administrative barriers. Even relaxing some visa rules (for Russians).

Aussies don't need visas? You sure about that? I know plenty of aussies and they all go back to OZ to get their type o non-imm.

Aussies don't need visas? You sure about that? I know plenty of aussies and they all go back to OZ to get their type o non-imm.

Enter Thailand with nothing other than a valid passport. Same as Russians.

That kind of "visa".

Oh you mean same as Americans, Canadians, Brits, Germans, and 41 other countries... I thought you meant something special.

That kind of "visa".

Oh you mean same as Americans, Canadians, Brits, Germans, and 41 other countries... I thought you meant something special.

What you (we) have been enjoying, is available to Russians too. A rare country to where they can just pack up and go on a whim.

Just like "us" from the "free" world.

That kind of "visa".

What you (we) have been enjoying, is available to Russians too. A rare country to where they can just pack up and go on a whim.

Just like "us" from the "free" world.

Are you saying that Thailand is the only country that allows russians to visit without obtaining a visa prior to the journey?

Even the communist Chinese can come to Thailand without obtaining a visa first. Or do you consider them part of the free "us"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

Since I'm not russian I have very little experience with these things.

Edited by Jayman

Are you saying that Thailand is the only country that allows russians to visit without obtaining a visa prior to the journey?

Even the communist Chinese can come to Thailand without obtaining a visa first. Or do you consider them part of the free "us"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

No, if you have looked to the junk you dragged from the net, "blue" means 1 month with no questions.

China is 15 days with paying for visa on arrival and queueing. Or an agency does that, if you don't know, Chinese don't travel just like that.

Crappy thing this net is if one does not understand what he has stumbled on.

http://en.wikipedia....icy_of_Thailand

No, if you have looked to the junk you dragged from the net, "blue" means 1 month with no questions.

China is 15 days with paying for visa on arrival and queueing. Or an agency does that, if you don't know, Chinese don't travel just like that.

Crappy thing this net is if one does not understand what he has stumbled on.

If you qualify for a visa on arrival then there is no need to apply for a visa prior to the journey...

http://www.immigrati...se.php?page=voa

and yes.. the info being shown of the official thai immigration site is outdated... is why I linked

wiki...

Here is another official site that says russians get 15 day VOA (just like Chinese)

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15393-Visa-on-Arrival.html

next...

Edited by Jayman

If you qualify for a visa on arrival then there is no need to apply for a visa prior to the journey...

http://www.immigrati...se.php?page=voa

and yes.. the info being shown of the official thai immigration site is outdated... is why I linked wiki...

next...

That is what I am saying. The net can be informative but can also be debilitating if you don't understand what it is saying.

15 days on arrival had Russians had but then a queue, pay 80EUR and they indeed got it on arrival, not prior.

No more, 5-6 years already. Since then, walk in, 30 days as US, Oz and many other citizens, no pay, no queue.

There's more to Pattaya than Walking St, and you can fill an action packed week or two for children

quite easily, and they would love the place.

Here's a list of things they would love to do:

Crocodile Farm

Tiger Zoo

Nong Nooch

Flight of the Gibbon

Elephant Trekking

Go Karting

Mini Siam

Sanctuary of truth

Pattaya Park

Floating Market

Thepprasit Night Market

Cinemas

Ten Pin Bowling

Ko Larn Beaches & Watersports

Need i continue, there's enough in the above list to fulfil any child's needs for an action packed few weeks.

and thats without needing to set foot in Walking Street or any other adult oriented areas.

Would i take my children to Pattaya? Already have, and they loved it and didn't want to go home, in fact they can't

wait to come back.

Did they see the Sea. ?

Well a couple of things

1 I wouldn't go there for a holiday my self

2 We were there for 11 days in February.

Did not go near the walking street

Only found one shop selling tours and they never showed up to pick us up so the bell boy called his cousin who just happened to have a cab.

Imagine that and

3 My youngest is 47 he can go on his own.

Edited by hellodolly

Good guys go to Heaven! Bad boys go to Pattaya!

The OP has gone to Coventry, lol!

Pattaya has been referred to as the Disneyland for dirty old men,( and young men).

No way in the world would i take my children there!

Hau Hin, Koh Chang the Real Disney land, Yes.

Most of the farangs that take children to Pattaya are the long time in thailand girlfriends step-children, If the children were theirs it would be a different story!

Pattaya has been referred to as the Disneyland for dirty old men,( and young men).

Most of the farangs that take children to Pattaya are the long time in thailand girlfriends step-children, If the children were theirs it would be a different story!

Hau Hin, Kho Chang both have working girls and no doubt disney land, I heard a rumour that Mickey mouse asked Walt for a divorce from his wife and Walt asked him why, Mickey replied because she's fffffing buck toothed, Walt replied well that's not right divorcing your wife because she's got big teeth and Mickey replied no I meant she's ffffing Goofy,

Hau Hin, Kho Chang both have working girls and no doubt disney land, I heard a rumour that Mickey mouse asked Walt for a divorce from his wife and Walt asked him why, Mickey replied because she's fffffing buck toothed, Walt replied well that's not right divorcing your wife because she's got big teeth and Mickey replied no I meant she's ffffing Goofy,

LOL, Working girls are probally everywhere if you look hard enough!

Pattaya is a blatant in your face scourge on Thailands world standing and gives problems rising from sterio typing to it's nationals abroad. Disneys Willie Coyote can clean the place up.

That saying is incorrect. It should be "Good guys go to Heaven! LUCKY boys go to Pattaya!"

<No way in the world would i take my children there!>

Glad to hear that. Wish all the other families would sod off to Hua Hin etc and leave Pattaya ALONE!

Now you're just making things up - please quote your source for this statement....

My son was born in BKK/Pattaya hospital. I will estimate that 5-10.000 expats/W kids live here, maybe even more.

Today the vice president of the Athletic Association of Thailand and the minister of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports was in Pattaya to start the yearly marathon run and I also did saw a lot of families from BKK today in the excellent Central shopping center.

I don't really care if you don't want to bring your kids here, that's your business, but mostly all of us having a family here (own kids or "inherented" ) are having a good time here.

• Like 2