Bringing Filipina Wife To U.s

First of all, thanks to all who offered useful information several months ago. I was able to get my Filipina bride to Thailand on a single-entry non-immigrant visa. As I am in the middle of a two-year contract at an international school (yes, they helped with her visa as well) this will soon be converted to a multiple-entry spousal visa. I want to take her to the U.S. (I am American) this June to visit on a tourist visa. What, if anything, do I need to do in Bangkok before hand besides buy the tickets?

Thanx in advance,

Rick

Obtaining a visa might be a good idea, or are you planning to leave from Manila and obtaining her tourist visa there? In any case your contract will probably be a key factor in visa approval as that is what will provide the reasons for her to depart the US and the end of a visit. As she is living here with you on a non immigrant visa expect you can apply for the visa here and that it would be easier to judge your status here than in Manila but I would ask at the Embassy (be sure to point out that you work here and she lives here if they automatically say go to Manila). I would start the process ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...