Purchasing A New Isuzu D-Max, V-Cross

Purchasing a new ISUZU D-MAX, V-CROSS

I went to CHONBURI ISUZU to get a trade in price and a price on the new Isuzu 4x4 . D-MAX,V-CROSS.

They offered me TB320,000 on my 6 yr old 4x4 D-MAX and the price on the new one was TB1,3000-00.

As the new one was over TB1,000,000 I would not get the Thai Gov Rebate crazy.gifand thought I would try elsewhere.

I was in Lop Buri and went to ISUZU there. I asked how much the new 4x4 D-MAX, V-CROSS was and they quoted TB999,000, under the Million which makes it eligible for the Thai Gov rebate.smile.png

They also offered me TB400,000 trade on my old 4x4 D-MAX.thumbsup.gif

I traded mine in on the spot and ordered a new one which is being delivered on the 28th August 2012.

As the new one was not coming for a couple of months, they offered me to keep mine until the new one is delivered. What great service and people at ISUZU Lop Buri.clap2.gif

So all in all, with the trade in and the cost of the new one plus the Gov rebate, I will be paying half price for a new ISUZU D-MAX.

Over the moon.

In conclusion. Chonburi ISUZU are greedy by overpricing their vehicles, by doing this they prevent you getting the Gov Rebate which in my case is TB94,000.

They also only offered TB320,000 trade in hoping to make more profit on the resale.

All it has done is cost them a sale and bad advertising and no recommendation from me.post-4641-1156693976.gif

Pays to shop around.

Purchasing a new ISUZU D-MAX, V-CROSS

All it has done is cost them a sale and bad advertising and no recommendation from me.post-4641-1156693976.gif

Pays to shop around.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this dealership's clients are probably in majority Thai and hence they could not care less for your recommendation. It is true that you must shop around instead, and have no qualms about playing one dealership vs the other (even between different brands).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

It will probably not be delivered on August 28, you'll have to wait about 2 months longer.

I'm not sure about this, but AFAIK the rebate does not depend on the price the dealer is asking but on the catalogue price. You could check online for your car, if I remember correctly it is just over 1 mio.

So it sounds to me like the Lopburi dealer has good sales skills, but has not been telling the truth.

It will probably not be delivered on August 28, you'll have to wait about 2 months longer.

I'm not sure about this, but AFAIK the rebate does not depend on the price the dealer is asking but on the catalogue price. You could check online for your car, if I remember correctly it is just over 1 mio.

So it sounds to me like the Lopburi dealer has good sales skills, but has not been telling the truth.

Tend to agree, OP could be in for a surprise. sad.png

Well sincerely I do hope it goes well for you.

Please keep updating.

I have to write in saying my daughter only got a government rebate though because she was a first time buyer and had nothing to trade in of course.blink.png

The Top Model Vcross is the V-Cross 3.0 VGS Z-Prestige Navi Auto and the price is: 999,000 THB.

I think they where confused by quoting you 1.3 Million, that would be the price for a MU-7 Choice 3.0 VGS 4X4 A/T

http://www.isuzuclub.com/price.php

Well, that's good information for the OP, means he (or better his wife I presume) will get the tax rebate (he would also have received it buying at the Chonburi dealer of course).

Edited by stevenl

I believe the 999,000 THB is for the white model, other colours are 992,000 THB.

That is absolutely correct. TOR 3 Litre model V-Cross Z-Prestige Navi A/T basic price 992,000Baht. An additional 7000Baht for Pearl White paintwork (worth getting as it doesn't show cat scratches), it does say that on the indicated website though.

Just remember ... No discounts ... Approx 9000Baht for liner, mats and basic window film. Around 16500Baht for Insurance with Tokyo Marine (Isuzu arrange) About 3000Baht deposit for red plates. 8000 something baht for road Tax. Sorry can't remember what happens re the number plates.

Dealer contacted us today and confirmed the delivery date re the assembly line information sent to him, 28th August.

The price quoted at Chonburi Isuzu was one million three thousand Baht, on the V-Cross D-MAX, Pearl White. As I said before greedy bast***s.

Not to mention the trade in price, TB 80,000 below the Lop Buri offer.

The wife went to the Gov today that handle the rebate and confirmed that they will pay the TB 94000 when the Green Book is produced. They also told her that the rebate is only payable to vehicles under TB1,000,000. As stated the cost of the vehicle top of the range is TB999,000.

The price of the V-CROSS, D-MAX A/T Pearl White is TB999,000. So under the Mill it is eligible for the rebate.

Tend to agree, OP could be in for a surprise. sad.png

Got the sales doc in our hands so no surprises coming.

Dealer contacted us today and confirmed the delivery date re the assembly line information sent to him, 28th August.

The price quoted at Chonburi Isuzu was one million three thousand Baht, on the V-Cross D-MAX, Pearl White. As I said before greedy bast***s.

Not to mention the trade in price, TB 80,000 below the Lop Buri offer.

The wife went to the Gov today that handle the rebate and confirmed that they will pay the TB 94000 when the Green Book is produced. They also told her that the rebate is only payable to vehicles under TB1,000,000. As stated the cost of the vehicle top of the range is TB999,000.

Small point:- Blue book, green book for motorcy's.

Ozemade, you mentioned that the gov't rebate would be paid at the time of receiving the blue/green book. I am about to go through the same process with my wife, but from memory most comments on these forums and from the dealership was that the rebate would be paid one year after receiving the vehicle. Could you (or anyone else) confirm/deny add any additional information

Ozemade, you mentioned that the gov't rebate would be paid at the time of receiving the blue/green book. I am about to go through the same process with my wife, but from memory most comments on these forums and from the dealership was that the rebate would be paid one year after receiving the vehicle. Could you (or anyone else) confirm/deny add any additional information

Rebate after 1 year but cannot sell the vehicle for 5 years

Yes, rebate after one year, so the OP will not receive upon production of the green book.

I really think the OP will be disappointed by his new dealer, the delivery time is 4 months, not under 2. I hope for him I'm wrong.

I also think he has his pricing copfused, probably floormats, license plates or something like that was included in the price quoted by the other dealer.

• 4 months later...

Well you guys were right, I got delivery of the new car on the 19th November. Not that it is a worry as I am in OZ and wont be back until around Feb 2013. But I would have been pi***d off if I was waiting that long after trading the old Isuzu in. However, Isuzu lop Buri registering, insuring the vehicle tomorrow. They will store it for free until I get back.LOoooong wait.

Someone else asked about the Government Tax Rebate Scheme and engine size rebates.

The government's scheme will give tax rebates of up to Bt100,000 to first-time auto buyers from September 16 to December 31, 2012, now extended to end of March 2013.

The rebates will be paid by the Excise Department after the buyer has owned the car for one year.

Payment is subject to obligatory ownership of the car for five years.

Eligible vehicles include passenger cars with an engine capacity of no more than 1,500cc and pickups costing Bt1 million or less. The vehicles must be locally assembled.

To be eligible, participants have to buy a car priced less than 1 million baht, and the rebate is made on the excise tax with a ceiling of 100,000 baht. In addition, the engine must be less than 1,500cc and buyers must be at least 21 years old, while ownership must be held for at least five years.

In other words if you sell the car before the 5 year period, you have to pay back to the excise Dept the TB100,000, or what ever they paid you for the size car you purchased.

The Excise Department will pay the rebate in the form of a cashier's cheque within one year after the purchase.

If your wife or friend can read Thai, all you want to know is on this site.

https://firstcar.excise.go.th/

A friend of my step-daughter has recently ordered a new car. I asked her if she will get the rebate. She said NO, the reason given was that as she is self employed she doesn't earn enough money to ... it's either pay any tax or not enough tax, can't remember which she said now. She's a Physio and just starting her own clinic in Si Racha so assume she won't make much money the first year or so with the set-up costs..

Does the person claiming the rebate have to be a tax payer, or pay a certain level of tax each year? Anyone know?

A friend of my step-daughter has recently ordered a new car. I asked her if she will get the rebate. She said NO, the reason given was that as she is self employed she doesn't earn enough money to ... it's either pay any tax or not enough tax, can't remember which she said now. She's a Physio and just starting her own clinic in Si Racha so assume she won't make much money the first year or so with the set-up costs..

Does the person claiming the rebate have to be a tax payer, or pay a certain level of tax each year? Anyone know?

The good news is, the first car buyer rebate has absolutely nothing to do with income tax - so your step daughter's friend is (fortunately) mis-informed ;)

What is being rebated is a portion of the excise tax that gets paid on the car (e.g the price for a top-spec City includes around 150,000 Baht in excise tax and another 50,000 Baht in VAT - what the program offers is up to 100,000 Baht of the excise tax money repaid after a 1 year wait).

There's no means tests and even if you've never paid 1 Baht of income tax in your life, you're still eligible.