Visitors Visa To Usa

Can somebody tell me how easy/difficult it will be for my Thai lady friend of three years to obtain a visitors visa to the United states for a month or so.

She owns her own house, land and bank accounts etc. She has a seasonal business in Koh Chang and wants to visit during the off season.

Should she hire a professional or is that not needed?

Edited by Tony59329

Tony ..... I am not an expert on this but.....

The major requirement is that she needs a strong reason to return back to Thailand. Your word and her word is not good enough. I honestly don't know what their definition of a strong reason would be. I tried to get a tourist visa for my Thai GF and was turned down. I was even with her and spoke directly with the guy at the embassy. She also had land, a business, and a bank account.

I think the Tourist Visa (if given) is good for 10 years. It seems like it was easier to get in the past. I would suggest you give it a try since you both have nothing to loose. I do not think a lawyer would help.

If this is a romantic relationship, then you could decide to get engaged and do a Fiancee visa. That will be a 9 month process after you turn in the paperwork. She then could go to the US and then you would have to marry her within 90 days or she would have to go back. This can also be done on your own without a lawyer.

It’s not necessary to hire a professional. You can do it yourself online. The key is proving her ties to Thailand. After filling out the application, she will need to compile documentation of land ownership, home, business, bank accounts, etc. She must prove to the Embassy, that she has a good reason to return. I would also provide any pictures that may help document your relationship, going back the 3 years if you can. Also, copies of entry/exit stamps in your passport, to further prove the relationship. It is imperative to be honest throughout the entire process, answering questions as truthful as possible so there is not a slip during the interview. Have her dress business casual for the interview, and be on time.

The visa is good for 10 years.

Good luck. It can be done.

Shot

It is all up to the person working at the Embassy, , it depends who you get, and if that person is having a good day or not, I have heard of people with the same qualifications either turned down or approved.and of course how you and her come across.

If you go with your GF, or your GF mentions your relationship, then it is a good idea to document your reasons for returning to Thailand also, otherwise the interviewer might think that you are going back to the US and want to take your GF there with you,

with out going through the fiance process.

The fact that she has property there does not impress, she can always come back for it later , bank account is good, but can always be withdrawn from the US, and business can be closed down..

It can be for any length of time they determine. 10 years is the usual maximum. I have seen 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, and 10 years for first time applicants.

True, depending on the type of visa and country in which the visitor is from. I’m assuming the OP’s GF is Thai, and requires a visitor/tourist B-2 visa, which is valid for 10 years. The length of stay is determined by the immigration officer upon entry.wai.gif

http://travel.state....5.html?cid=9660

It can be for any length of time they determine. 10 years is the usual maximum. I have seen 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, and 10 years for first time applicants.

True, depending on the type of visa and country in which the visitor is from. I’m assuming the OP’s GF is Thai, and requires a visitor/tourist B-2 visa, which is valid for 10 years. The length of stay is determined by the immigration officer upon entry.wai.gif

Nope, 10 years is the max. My wife (then GF) received a one-year B-2 last year. They come in different lengths.

One thing that nobody seems to mention on here, is that if there is a big difference in age between you and your lady, your chances of getting a tourist visa are virtually nil. Other than that, showing all the good stuff you mentioned and especially YOUR intent on returning to Thailand and you've got a good shot.

My GF made her visa and the process went very smoothly. She had obtained a 10yr visa and has visited 2x. She/We made the visa - easy. Paid help is a waste (totally). 15yr difference in our ages.

My GF did have a pior US visit in 2001.

I think your GF has a good shot providing she has a business lisc. or some way to verify solidly her job. Why not?! She has money, land...

Most important:

Good English (but go to the window requesting Thai)

Lovely demeanor, pretty and fresh faced. No heels and very little makeup.

Have a solid itinerary for a solid trip planned. Not just going to your place for a 4 week shag fest.

IF she has plans to return later years, forget all that - focus on the one trip.

Do not ask or enquire about multiple year visas

Go there with your stack of crap to prove she will return. They did not even look at my GFs.

Contrary to proir poster - they have more or less decided yeah or neigh. Your presence only confirms the presumption - but I do think they are open to their minds being changed, the interview is a big part of the process. My GF told me that in retrospect she could see why many of the chickens got the boot in the ass. Crappy English, makeup, heels, paperwork not in order.

In the end I think you really need to have a trip planned as well. Nothing wrong with spending a few weeks at your place AFTER your 2-3 week jaunt to__________________, __________________

Finally, she should know you WELL. Like married well. Your name will appear on the app.

If this is just I want to get my f**kbuddy to the states ---- I think it ultimately will fail. The process is complicated.

Good luck

• Like 1

Nope, 10 years is the max. My wife (then GF) received a one-year B-2 last year. They come in different lengths.

One thing that nobody seems to mention on here, is that if there is a big difference in age between you and your lady, your chances of getting a tourist visa are virtually nil. Other than that, showing all the good stuff you mentioned and especially YOUR intent on returning to Thailand and you've got a good shot.

I can only find information on a 10 year B-2

Can you please provide a link with information on shorter B-2s.

My GF received hers last August, and it’s for 10 years. I did not know there was anything other than that.wai.gif

My GF made her visa and the process went very smoothly. She had obtained a 10yr visa and has visited 2x. She/We made the visa - easy. Paid help is a waste (totally). 15yr difference in our ages.

My GF did have a pior US visit in 2001.

I think your GF has a good shot providing she has a business lisc. or some way to verify solidly her job. Why not?! She has money, land...

Most important:

Good English (but go to the window requesting Thai)

Lovely demeanor, pretty and fresh faced. No heels and very little makeup.

Have a solid itinerary for a solid trip planned. Not just going to your place for a 4 week shag fest.

IF she has plans to return later years, forget all that - focus on the one trip.

Do not ask or enquire about multiple year visas

Go there with your stack of crap to prove she will return. They did not even look at my GFs.

Contrary to proir poster - they have more or less decided yeah or neigh. Your presence only confirms the presumption - but I do think they are open to their minds being changed, the interview is a big part of the process. My GF told me that in retrospect she could see why many of the chickens got the boot in the ass. Crappy English, makeup, heels, paperwork not in order.

In the end I think you really need to have a trip planned as well. Nothing wrong with spending a few weeks at your place AFTER your 2-3 week jaunt to__________________, __________________

Finally, she should know you WELL. Like married well. Your name will appear on the app.

If this is just I want to get my f**kbuddy to the states ---- I think it ultimately will fail. The process is complicated.

Good luck

Good advice.

My GF and I also 15 years dif.

They looked at her business license, and my visa. She received a 10 year B-2.

Two posts have been deleted.

Please read the forum rules regarding the use of large and unusual fonts and posting all in capitals.

Please also be mindful of

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

Then feel free to repost your comments if you wish to do so.

Are you sure about your first point? http://www.thaivisa....nt-visa-issued/

I agree with your second point.

It is UP TO ten years. As mentioned, first one is often for a much shorter period.

Can you please provide a link from the US Embassy that states “up to”?

Not trying to start a fight, just seeking the facts.

Sincerely,

Shot

It is UP TO ten years. As mentioned, first one is often for a much shorter period.

Sincerely,

Shot

No I can't, but I've seen with my own eyes in the passports of friends and employees. You can believe it or not. Or call over to the embassy and ask.

Sincerely,

Shot

Up to 10 years via multiple applications. A single application will get you 90 days

Sincerely,

Shot

Up to 10 years via multiple applications. A single application will get you 90 days

No, this is completely wrong.

You can get a three-month validity visa on the first try, or ten years, or anything in between, at their discretion.

On arrival, the immigration officer will grant a stay of anything up to sux months, at his discretion and depending on what kind of itinerary you describe and appear ready to support.

Believe me, I've been through this dozens of times.

From my recent experiences, only the applicant is allowed in the interview. A friend, sponsor, boyfriend, etc., can't even enter the waiting room anymore. A few years back, going in together was acceptable, but no longer. The best advice I can give is for the applicant to be a little assertive. Realizing that this is not normal behavior for a Thai lady, it helps to get all of your important points across to the interviewer. Otherwise, the interviewer may not ask for some information before concluding that the applicant is not going to get a visa. So the applicant has to take the initiative to give all the supporting information to the interviewer before the interview ends. One other thing that might help is a letter of sponsorship or invitation by the boy friend. In this letter he should mention that he currently works in Thailand and he, himself, must return to Thailand to continue work her. Such a letter is usually the first thing read by the interviewer and it helps to explain some things to the interviewer.