German Resident Drugged And Robbed At His Jomtien Apartment

Rimmer

German Resident drugged and robbed at his Jomtien apartment

PATTAYA:--A German resident in Jomtien was allegedly drugged and robbed by three women he had met earlier on Jomtien Beach.

Police were called to View Talay Residence in Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach early on Wednesday Morning and spoke with Mr. Georg Otto Eigner aged 71 who was in a dazed state but was able to explain how he met the women, thought to be in their thirties, and invited them back to his room where they were asked to provide him with a massage.

They were also told they could spend the night in the room if they wished. The four drank together inside his apartment and Mr. Eigner soon became sleepy and eventually passed-out. He woke up later on Wednesday morning and the women had gone and stole 1 Million Baht and 30,000 Euro’s which he claimed was left inside a wardrobe.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/58715/german-resident-drugged-robbed-jomtien-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-07-11

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I don't understand why people leave that kind of money lying around. The most I ever have around is 20K baht. I must admit sometimes I am too lazy to even lock that up but would if entertaining like the man in the news story.

Sad to hear this, but he really must have been distrustful to not put have that kind of money into a) a Bank b ) Safe Deposit Box

that is if he had that kind of money. If he was to contact police ans say 10 000 baht was stolen, no doubt they would not even come out.

For 1 million baht and 30000 euro they sure will be looking for this girls to get some cutthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I don't understand why people leave that kind of money lying around. The most I ever have around is 20K baht.

I never have more than 5K, but I never lock it up. It's just in a drawer. No other portable valuables of any type either, apart from a phone also worth about 5K new.

Only a complete plonker would have 1MB in cash in his room overnight. Not least because it earns no interest in a room.

he was older, possibly not (much) used to travel abroad - and not that far - and not unlikely his english was rather bad...

when not much travelled and from that generation plus understanding max. the half of what will be said, then one might not have the ultimate trust in foreign banking... and unlikely walk into a bank and try to open an account and things...

maybe he didnt even have a credit card...

when you see these older guys, you might try to help them...

Edited by dingdang

he was older, possibly not used to travel abroad - and that far - and not unlikely, that his english was rather bad...

not much travelled etc, one might have also not the ultimate trust into the foreign banking, especially when understanding max. the half of all...

then you dont walk just into a bank and try to open an account and things...

Aha, so the problem is that he is older, its not that he takes 3 hookers from the beach?

did i mention 3 hookers?

• Like 1

Aha, so the problem is that he is older, its not that he takes 3 hookers from the beach?

did i mention 3 hookers?

3 or 10 hookers, it wouldnt matter - if he hadnt have the money at home...

but he was a resident, not a tourist, missed this somehow...

even though, we all will get old - wouldnt be bad to help everyone a little...

• Like 1

did i mention 3 hookers?

3 or 10 hookers, it wouldnt matter - if he hadnt have the money at home...

but he was a resident, not a tourist, missed this somehow...

even though, we all will get old - wouldnt be bad to help everyone a little...

Well if he had not brought the street hookers than the money would not be stolenthumbsup.gif

he was older, possibly not (much) used to travel abroad...

He's only 14 years older than I am. If I can manage credit cards and bank accounts then so can he.

Even in my home country I would not have 1MB (equiv) in cash at home. Only an idiot or a crook would do anything like that.

• Like 2

All very strange and very sad if its all true. ?

The wardrobe is not a good place to hide money. In my early days in the LOS if I had any money in excess of 5,000 baht I would put it in the Micro wave. Looks like a Safe but ....has no immediate mental connection with money.

But now I have put that on here I will have to revert to another hidey hole.....its called a SAFE. That I now have, but strangely like a lot of rooms here it is in the wardrobe ??? or the other location is under the bathroom sink.

any one living in LOS on a long term basis should have one fitted.

Taking complete strangers back to your room in numbers greater that zero is also fraught with danger no matter what country you live in.

I dont believe one minute there was 30,000 euros in cash ....and 1 million baht ... either the guy is dumb stupid or really naive. Will you bring 3 hoockers in your place knowing there were that kind of cash ? fishy story ....

totally agree, see post 5

he was older, possibly not (much) used to travel abroad...

He's only 14 years older than I am. If I can manage credit cards and bank accounts then so can he.

Even in my home country I would not have 1MB (equiv) in cash at home. Only an idiot or a crook would do anything like that.

And it's easy to leave the money in your bank in your home country and withdraw what you need using an ATM. Of course your rate of exchange is not going to be as good but there is no sensible reason for having that much cash in your wardrobe that I can think of.

my 1st reaction to this story is that the guy is so stupid to keep that kind of money money in his apt into which he invites complete strangers from the beach that he almost deserved what happened to him

that is if he did not bs the police

A cynic would say this is just another dirty old man who is trying to maximise his insurance claim.

Most (all?) travel insurance policies specifically exclude cash over a certain low amount. I've never heard of insurance that would pay out on a 1MB claim for robbery by unknown people you have invited into your room.

A cynic would say this is just another dirty old man who is trying to maximise his insurance claim.

Most (all?) travel insurance policies specifically exclude cash over a certain low amount. I've never heard of insurance that would pay out on a 1MB claim for robbery by unknown people you have invited into your room.

bu they were known, they were qualified masseurs working on the beach road at early hours of the morningcheesy.gif

bu they were known, they were qualified masseurs working on the beach road at early hours of the morningcheesy.gif

Seems trustworthy to me. Also he doesn't have travel insurance and he's a resident so you can rule our insurance fraud.

ahahaha, so funny story...

he has 1 million baht cash + 30.000 euros and invite some trashies to have a party with him

they will use the money very well i hope

ps: is it not illegal to bring in so much euros into thailand without declaring it to customs?

Edited by belg

I'm just happy to notice they didn't put the word women in inverted commas in the original report.

Do not believe he had this amount of money in his room, he is a resident and would know that would be stupid in Chon Buri, his age has nothing to do with it, I am 74 and never have anymore than 2,000bht on me at one time or in my room, no need with ATM everywhere, I am still very alert, active, play golf 4 days a week, ride a motor bike, dont pick up ladies from bars or the street, don't know what your getting. many other ways to meet good ladies.

• Like 1

Do not believe he had this amount of money in his room....

Why would anyone lie about such a sum, unless it was for some insurance scam? We can probably rule out such a scam as I doubt that any insurance policy would cover it.

Well that's a hard story to believe.

I simply cannot believe anyone has Euros 30,000 just lying around (apart from people involved in something illegal). Either the man is a complete idiot, he's involved in something dodgy, he's trying to get some money from insurance, or possibly finding an excuse not to pay his dealer.

This story stinks.

Do not believe he had this amount of money in his room....

Why would anyone lie about such a sum, unless it was for some insurance scam? We can probably rule out such a scam as I doubt that any insurance policy would cover it.

lie, so police will look for the "massage girls", if he said 1 000 or 10 000, police would not even come out to the scene.