Any Limit To The Number Of New Tourist Visas One Can Get Within A Year?

Hello. I am brand new to this forum. My question is if I get a 60 day visa for Thailand in the US and get a 30 day extension after being in Thailand. Can I leave for another country, like Nepal, apply for a new 60 day visa there, and return to Thailand and do the same thing within a month or so of the first visa expiring? Are there limits on the number of total months you can stay no matter how many new visas you have?

There is no such rule and never has been. Some Consulate will refuse to provide after 3,4,5 but that changes and is not uniform or a set rule. There is no "re-set" number (there used to be for visa exempt entry but that was abolished years ago).

There is no such rule and never has been. Some Consulate will refuse to provide after 3,4,5 but that changes and is not uniform or a set rule. There is no "re-set" number (there used to be for visa exempt entry but that was abolished years ago).

I remember when I got my O visa in HCMC they had a notice on the waiting room bulletin board about this "rule". I snapped a photo of it and still have it somewhere. But I do remember that it was dated 2006 or thereabouts, so it was quite old. If there is such a rule then it doesn't seem to be enforced (based on many folks' posting their experience here).

Why would you go through the visa hassle at all? You should get a 30 days stamp on arrival (depending on your nationality I don't know). You can go in and out, get another 30 days. The intermediate law that one can only stay 90 day within half a year was killed a while ago.

I remember when I got my O visa in HCMC they had a notice on the waiting room bulletin board about this "rule". I snapped a photo of it and still have it somewhere. But I do remember that it was dated 2006 or thereabouts, so it was quite old. If there is such a rule then it doesn't seem to be enforced (based on many folks' posting their experience here).

That rule was very short lived and only applied to visa exempt entry and was eliminated when they changed to 15 day at land borders. There was never any limit on visa or extension of stay time.

Why would you go through the visa hassle at all? You should get a 30 days stamp on arrival (depending on your nationality I don't know). You can go in and out, get another 30 days. The intermediate law that one can only stay 90 day within half a year was killed a while ago.

Because probably she hasn't 3500 baht to spend every month on flying to KL and back same day. 15 days only are given crossing borders