Carlsberg And Beer Lao

theDukes

Of interest to all in Chiang Mai Carlsberg Thailand is not only selling here but it appears that they are going to be the rep for beer Lao. Just wanted to let the pub owners and the locals know that more beer is on the horizon.

• Like 2

CARLSBERG Ugggggghhh, crap IMO, only worse lager if you can call it that was Castlemaine 4 xxxx, the aussies only called it 4 xxxx because they couldn't spell pis*

Edited by MB1

CARLSBERG Ugggggghhh, crap IMO, only worse lager if you can call it that was Castlemaine 4 xxxx, the aussies only called it 4 xxxx because they couldn't spell pis*

All beer is crap to different people. Nothing wrong with Carlsberg as an all-dayer swigging agent... way over any local brew in that sense. That's my opinion. But then you know what they say about opinions and bottoms, right?

Not noticed it in Rimping, is it in the supermarkets yet?

• Like 1

I just talked to my manager and she said that they are promoting it but don't have stock yet. I'll try to figure out when it will be here. She's saying 2 months but...

Promoting a local non-existant product...brilliant, only in Thailand !

I just talked to my manager and she said that they are promoting it but don't have stock yet. I'll try to figure out when it will be here. She's saying 2 months but...

Promoting a local non-existant product...brilliant, only in Thailand !

A bit like Ford with their almost non-existent All New Ranger laugh.png

Just for a BKK perspective, after long not finding it in my local Foodland market or anywhere else on retail, tonight I was surprised to discover that my local store suddenly is stocking bottles of Beer Lao Dark...which they rarely or never had before...now in addition to the Beer Lao Lager they usually had stocked.

My Foodland had two shelf rows of Beer Lao Lager bottles and another two shelf rows of Beer Lao Dark, the latter of which I took a healthy supply home. The Beer Lao Dark bottles were retailing at Foodland for 47 baht.

They're stocking Carlsberg large and small in Makro Hang Dong. Small is 899 a case the same as Heineken which as they have to pay import duty and Heineken don't must lead to a very small margin, but you can understand that - Carlsberg have unfinished business in Thailand!

Carlsberg ultimately own BeerLao so no great surprise that they are distributing it. Again Makro have both the light and the dark - so far only by the bottle. Big C Extra (ex Carrefour) also stock all 3 beers.

They're stocking Carlsberg large and small in Makro Hang Dong. Small is 899 a case the same as Heineken which as they have to pay import duty and Heineken don't must lead to a very small margin, but you can understand that - Carlsberg have unfinished business in Thailand!

Carlsberg ultimately own BeerLao so no great surprise that they are distributing it. Again Makro have both the light and the dark - so far only by the bottle. Big C Extra (ex Carrefour) also stock all 3 beers.

Nice investigative work by the TV Forum beer patrol!

I recently found a Beer & Spirits shop in Hang Dong (next to Mae Hia Market) that sells a variety of German beers and Carlsberg as well. The price of a cold Carlsberg (small) is 65 baht (ouch!). Shop is on south side of market, alongside a Top Charoen Optical store. Opens about 2pm each day. Hand-printed sign in window announces "Carlsberg Beer".

Where is Carlsberg being bottled - Vientiane?

Thanks for that.

I heard Carlsberg was being brought in through Vietnam.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.

My understanding is that it is being brewed in Vietnam and they've started importing it now in preparation for the AEC (ASEAN Economic Community free market) which is supposed to kick in in 2015, though I can't believe that the Thais are really going to open up their beer market. 'health reasons' would be my guess as to why beer will somehow continue to be taxed.

Thanks for that.

My understanding is that it is being brewed in Vietnam and they've started importing it now in preparation for the AEC (ASEAN Economic Community free market) which is supposed to kick in in 2015, though I can't believe that the Thais are really going to open up their beer market. 'health reasons' would be my guess as to why beer will somehow continue to be taxed.

I believe they were going to try to exempt alcohol products from not being taxed. To protect the children.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for all the bar and restaurant owners, Carlsberg beer has a promotion going on. Buy 3 cases and get 1 free. They also are giving away some beer coolers, trays, bar mats and a nice outside sign. Nacornping Beverage at 053.423.380.

Just a quick update for all the bar and restaurant owners, Carlsberg beer has a promotion going on. Buy 3 cases and get 1 free. They also are giving away some beer coolers, trays, bar mats and a nice outside sign. Nacornping Beverage at 053.423.380.

Who care'scheesy.gif

Can anyone tell me if MAKRO superhighway or Hang Dong has stock of Beer Lao, light & dark. I will be coming into town for a stock up run and can't get a straight answer from Makro on the phone. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if MAKRO superhighway or Hang Dong has stock of Beer Lao, light & dark. I will be coming into town for a stock up run and can't get a straight answer from Makro on the phone. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

As of yesterday (Sunday), Makro Hang Dong has Lao Beer (regular and dark) small bottles, priced at 860-890 baht per 24-bottle carton. Also have large bottles of Carlsberg, priced at about same price as Heineken.

Anyone found small bottles of Carlsberg in supermarkets yet?