Cost Of A Traditional Thai Wedding?

connor6063

200 - 300 K. seems like a realistic amount if done in the village with minimial catering.

10 K won't even cover the beer.

Don't be daft smile.png . We know that folk make money on the side from anything, and a certain party knows this. sad.png

HUH - Yeah, I'm really not understanding this. Try again eeh

์No, don't want to burst your bubble. sad.png

Yet another "my girl is different".

Would love to know how much he got hit up for on sin sot.

Edited by rgs2001uk

my wedding in ubon with about 50 guests was probably less then 10k baht. I dont think they would know what a hilton is. Everyone seemed happy and i only had to wear my monkey suit about two hours:)

Good man, thats more like it.

Mine was about the same, temple in the morning and do in the afternoon at the MILs house.

my wedding in ubon with about 50 guests was probably less then 10k baht. I dont think they would know what a hilton is. Everyone seemed happy and i only had to wear my monkey suit about two hours:)

Mine was about the same, temple in the morning and do in the afternoon at the MILs house.

We didnt have cateing a bunch of village ladies got to the house about 4am and started cooking. They had a small cow slaughtered in back of the house. Then in the evening a guy set up karaoke. Imho this is the traditional thai way. Of course i believe the rich thais (the minority) might go to fancy hotels...

We didnt have cateing a bunch of village ladies got to the house about 4am and started cooking. They had a small cow slaughtered in back of the house. Then in the evening a guy set up karaoke. Imho this is the traditional thai way. Of course i believe the rich thais (the minority) might go to fancy hotels...

The MIL and the wifes aunts prepared all the food, went to the local market and bought everything fresh.

I should add, there was no free flow alcohol, coyote dances, luk tung singers, gambling or free loaders from near and far rocking up.

BTW, nice looking dog you have there.

The MIL and the wifes aunts prepared all the food, went to the local market and bought everything fresh.

I should add, there was no free flow alcohol, coyote dances, luk tung singers, gambling or free loaders from near and far rocking up.

now i don't mind any more that i was not invited. a wedding without some stark nekkid coyote dancers and no free flow of alcohol? gimme a break!

laugh.png

now i don't mind any more that i was not invited. a wedding without some stark nekkid coyote dancers and no free flow of alcohol? gimme a break!

laugh.png

Naked dancers w00t.gif , l missed out somewhere along the line. sad.png

laugh.png

are you trying to tell us that the coyote dancers at your wedding were not nekkid? huh.png

laugh.png

are you trying to tell us that the coyote dancers at your wedding were not nekkid? huh.png

Yes. sad.png

I paid for it, l think, but had old ladies doing a dance. BUT, me dancing naked didn't go down too well. laugh.png

A Party for 300 people would require how much food?? Now tell me how much a good sized bull on the hoof costs and a good sized pig costs? To me a party is not a one day event but more like a 3 day event. Getting it set up with shade, tables, chairs and decorations - with food and drink afterwards. The Party and the clean-up. All done by your fellow villagers. Even a party for 50 people is not a 1 day event. If you're doing a party for a special occasion why not do it right. And alcohol is must - are you kidding me. Spending 10K. for 50 people isn't much of a party. Even the poorest of the poor villager where I stay would top that. But, to each there own..........

A Party for 300 people would require how much food?? Now tell me how much a good sized bull on the hoof costs and a good sized pig costs? To me a party is not a one day event but more like a 3 day event. Getting it set up with shade, tables, chairs and decorations - with food and drink afterwards. The Party and the clean-up. All done by your fellow villagers. Even a party for 50 people is not a 1 day event. If you're doing a party for a special occasion why not do it right. And alcohol is must - are you kidding me. Spending 10K. for 50 people isn't much of a party. Even the poorest of the poor villager where I stay would top that. But, to each there own..........

You carry on. After, you do the sums and post back here. thumbsup.gif

If I keep this up I'll hit the 1000 post mark rather soon. Even sooner if I hear brags about how little one can spend. Maybe when I retire I'll be forced to count my coins before I spend - nahh

Please listen to folk who have done it. A village wedding costs sod all. If you hire a Hotel or school aircon mess hall then OK, it costs more. I have seem farangs scammed for dosh at THEIR wedding, so don't dismiss stuff out of hand. YOU must be in control, BUT, if you don't care, you have the dosh then carry on. thumbsup.gif

Dosh?? Man I have to learn the TV lingo. I'm as frugal as any good Dutchman but, I believe a party is to be remembered or it's not worth doing. That's all.

Sorry, Dosh is a London slang term for money. The yob in me biggrin.png .

If it costs what you quoted, then you will remember it, and my/our words. sad.png

But, wish you luck for the future happiness thumbsup.gif .

transam, your waisting your words,, the man wantsa big party, we all know who have lived here for a while its all about face,

for christs sake you can get wed for a couple of hundred bht, just go to the amphor office, you the wife and a couple of freinds and do it, just like in england,

if you want to go the big party thats up to you, and by the way a pig will cost you at the minute 5,500bht for 100kilo pig alive, i dont know about the cow,

and you will find that the ladys in the family will want to do the food, and you will also find the other ladys that are coming will also join in, that there way,

dont get taken in that you have to have a big do,

jake

laugh.png

Yes. sad.png

I paid for it, l think, but had old ladies doing a dance. BUT, me dancing naked didn't go down too well. laugh.png

were the old ladies dressed or nekkid?

now i don't mind any more that i was not invited. a wedding without some stark nekkid coyote dancers and no free flow of al

cohol? gimme a break!

laugh.png

Sorry for the lack of an invitation Herr Doctor, an oversight, wont happen again, please bear in mind this is Thailand, no such thing as teutonic efficency here.

Will ensure there is some port in the house for the next time, Penfolds ok?

How many coyote dancers did you have?laugh.png

laugh.png

Sorry for the lack of an invitation Herr Doctor, an oversight, wont happen again, please bear in mind this is Thailand, no such thing as teutonic efficency here.

Will ensure there is some port in the house for the next time, Penfolds ok?

How many coyote dancers did you have?laugh.png

i got married last century/millenium (1979) when there was law and order on this planet and the existence of coyotes was limited to american prairies.

• 3 weeks later...

You are a put on who in their right mine will want a bunch of poor fools at their wedding

I never heard of a Thai tradition that involved either the Hilton Hotel or Pattaya.

(Unless the tradition in question was buffalo fleecing)

I thought traditional weddings were done in the bride's home village?

In which case 5-10kbht would be more than enough.

Plus a plump porker.wink.png