Cabbages & Condoms

MrZM

Ate there for the first time tonight. The walk alone was magical and the food was superb! You don't realise your in pattaya when your eating there. The place is fabulous!

Definitely in my top 3 pattaya restaurants.

1. Hilton

2. Cabbages & Condoms

3. Ruen Thai

What's your top 3?

• Like 1

Cafe Des Amis

Au Bon Coin

Bruno's

Your opinion obviously. Two recent visits to Cafe Des Amis were disappointing because the good food (not superb) was offset by the snail’s pace of the food coming out from the kitchen. The owner walked by several times with a worried look but no apologies. The restaurant was not busy. The owner at the Mata Hari would have offered his apologies and I bet some other kind of compensation. If you go to CDA best allow for two hour plus visit with long waits between courses.

Bruno’s: You can get the same food at Alois at a reduced price with the same quality and service.

The Cabbages and Condoms restaurant is part of the Birds and Bees Resort and I think is special place. I was told there is a new chef and new menu and the food now matches the magnificent view.

Cafe Des Amis

Au Bon Coin

Bruno's

Your opinion obviously. Two recent visits to Cafe Des Amis were disappointing because the good food (not superb) was offset by the snail’s pace of the food coming out from the kitchen. The owner walked by several times with a worried look but no apologies. The restaurant was not busy. The owner at the Mata Hari would have offered his apologies and I bet some other kind of compensation. If you go to CDA best allow for two hour plus visit with long waits between courses.

Bruno’s: You can get the same food at Alois at a reduced price with the same quality and service.

The Cabbages and Condoms restaurant is part of the Birds and Bees Resort and I think is special place. I was told there is a new chef and new menu and the food now matches the magnificent view.

Food is slow from Cafe De Amis however if a place like that I am more than happy to wait for the food, sit back have a chat and a few glasses of wine. If I was in a rush though I would be not best pleased.

Cafe de amis

Cabbages and condoms

Pupen

I would really like to give that Mantra a go but I am not a fan of jeans in this weather and I cant be bothered buying trousers so I doubt I will be going.

Haha, I know what you mean about the jeans. The first time I went (not expecting a dress code ANYWHERE in Pattaya) the manager said I couldn't go in with shorts. Just then, a guy with the proper dress code went in with his companion who dressed like she had just finish a rather hectic night at Soi 6 (PS: later on I and many others did catch a glimpse of her knickers and someone at the next table claimed to have seen a nipple, but that's another story) . I said to the manager in a good humor way, you allow women to wear that but you don't allow shorts? I was allowed in then with a smile and a courteous "but please remember pants for next time". So, they do make exceptions.

Cabbages suffers from the old axiom, "the better the view, the worse the food". Cashew nut chicken with raisins?!

That was about 6 months ago. If there is a new chef, I wouldn't know it.

We were there again a few weeks ago and nothing special. The ambiance is superb, tho.

Mantra has fantastic ambiance, as well, but everytime we went, there was a problem with our order.

Either they served me the wrong dish or left out key ingredients or it was just plain crap. At those prices,

they better be letter perfect. After 4 or 5 issue-laden meals, I gave up on them.

Haven't been to the French joints here but my favorite place is Toscana. Never had a bad meal.

Pricey, but worth it.

• Like 1

Cafe Des Amis

Au Bon Coin

Bruno's

Food is slow from Cafe De Amis however if a place like that I am more than happy to wait for the food, sit back have a chat and a few glasses of wine. If I was in a rush though I would be not best pleased.

If you are willing to wait 40 minutes after your starter for your main course then you have more patience than I. Several in our party had no starter and waited well for an hour. No food was good but nothing special.

Edited by Barack

I would really like to give that Mantra a go but I am not a fan of jeans in this weather and I cant be bothered buying trousers so I doubt I will be going.

I refuse to wear long pants in Thailand other than to extend my visa once a year.

In no particular order

Zen (Prefer the one in Central)

My Way for Steaks (Located in the Shopping Arcade opposite Mike Shopping Mall)

Chinese Restaurant next to Royal Garden

Goose Fish and Chip's (Second Road in between Soi 7 and 8)

I refuse to wear long pants in Thailand other than to extend my visa once a year.

Why? You like remembering your school days :D:D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Why would you need long pants to extend your visa?

In Chiang Mai, you have to have an interview with an immigration officer and Thais have a big thing about wearing shorts in formal meetings.

Why would you need long pants to extend your visa?

In Chiang Mai, you have to have an interview with an immigration officer and Thais have a big thing about wearing shorts in formal meetings.

like Ulysses, i wear long trousers too at Chonburi immigration when making application

i see it as a respect thing and if it smooths the ride, so much the better....

I just renewed my retirement visa wearing shorts in Jomtiem, many Farangs in shorts in fact Tourist Police Farang assistants now have custom made shorts that are optional to wear when on duty, much more comfortable.

I just renewed my retirement visa wearing shorts in Jomtiem, many Farangs in shorts in fact Tourist Police Farang assistants now have custom made shorts that are optional to wear when on duty, much more comfortable.

This is not a post about what people wear and the Police/Immigration service - Stay on topic or start a new post !

This is not a post about what people wear and the Police/Immigration service - Stay on topic or start a new post !

Wow, a new Moderator, welcome, don't get your knickers in a twist eh. laugh.png

look out ! wannabee Mod about!!

look out ! wannabee Mod about!!

ํำ้ Probably HAD a job controlling folk. Gosh, retirement his hard to adjust too. laugh.png