Cabbages & Condoms

MrZM

I've tried a lot of the restaurants in Pattaya, fancy and regular and here's my personal faves list.
Some of the best in the city in my opinion are right in Central Festival Mall. :)

1) Black Canyon Coffee-Central Festival- great food but terribly slow service. Love the Tom Yum and Tom Kha Kai there.
2) Kiss food and drink on second road- fast,cheap and surprisingly very good. Excellent late night place.

3) Hachiban 8 Ramen-Central Festival-better than overrated Oishi Ramen.
4) KFC- You laugh but being from the states this Thai menu blew my mind! Spicy chicken with rice is excellent!
5) Pizza Company- Love the menu varieties of pasta, fairly inexpensive and 1000 times better than Pizza Hut and their 300 Baht spaghetti gone in three bites!
6)Pig and Whistle-Gets my vote for best breakfast in Pattaya.

Top 3?

That's hard.

Pao is out now, unless/until they open again so I'll go with:

Shanghai (3rd road not far south of North Pattaya Road)

La Taverna del Passatore (off Soi Boakhaow, down a soi across from the new hospital)

The Thai place in Big C mall as you enter with the large blackboard menu on the wall that never changes; oh, I see now it was mentioned before, called Khao Suay

Not suggesting any of these places have the "best" food in town regardless of price. My judgments are based on what I like to eat combined with good value as well.

BTW: I also like this place mentioned before:

Restaurant opposite Foodland on Pattayaklang.

just don't get there often enough.

I used to like Swiss Food restaurant, but don't feel like eating that style of food these days.

Marco Polo in my experience used to be quite good, but I don't generally eat at hotel hiso joints.

Not impressed with the Shark Fin / Bird's Nest pushers Chinese place on 2nd road near Royal Garden.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

• 6 months later...