Sunrise Tacos Pattaya Big C Location

SunriseTacos

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the menu is a bit complicated, I do, from time to time, go to ST and order a burrito. The good news about their menu is that you can add rice or not, and that goes from all items. In other words, you can create the type of burrito you want. Even the normal size burrito at ST is "large" and the food is pretty good. ST also makes a pretty good carnitas taco, especially if you ask for two corn tortillas with it. The pumpkin pie is also very good, but I would like to see slices on the plate that are double the size of what ST serves now. And for those who can't find a decent cup of coffee, ST makes some of the best in town.

• 3 weeks later...

Sunrise (Jomtien) is now offering a new variety of salsa named after a Thai chef. It's pretty good and a different style than the older salsas. Only a tiny bit spicy but it tastes Mexican.

The carnitas is back to the sugar festival. I really don't get it why that can't be fixed (before it was claimed that it has been fixed but really not so now). Carnitas that sweet only makes sense for Thai customers and most of the customers are not Thai. That's a pity.

Out of curiosity I just checked a recipe for carnitas. No sugar at all. Just pork, lard or oil, water, salt, and garlic.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

Not about the Big C location, which apparently is history..... but just wondering how often you guys make the various salsas? Was at the Jomtien branch just an hour ago, I think I was the first customer of the day.... and it seems like the salsa was already in place, no ladles in place yet. Do you refrigerate this stuff daily? How often is it made curiously? Would hate to get the runs because of salsa gone bad.

:)