Help! My Truevisions Has Disappeared!

PattayaParent

The signal just went off at 23:00, has anybody else had the same problem?

can't get through to TrueVisions, thjir lines seem, to be jammed, I guess by others asking about this problem?

The sky is falling!!

OK just a spoof, Although I'm sure there will be many out there that don't know what's happening now.

Please report your experiences in the morning with True and Dreambox receptions as I will be at work and won't be able to check either.

Yes I was watching the final holes of golf from Scotland just heading for a play-off and wham, they turned it off to improve the service. What a bunch of plonkers. Fortunately I could get BBC on WIZIWIG so was able to watch the play-off.

More importanly, how do we start a new forum or topic these days. I can't find a tab called Start New Forum like in the old days. Can someone help me please as I haven't started a new forum for a while.

Amazing. No advance notification, no scroll at the bottom of the screen earlier today, nothing. Shortly before my screen went blank, Truevisions cut the programming and ran a page for a few minutes saying they would be off until 9:00 am tomorrow morning. That's it...I'm tossing their grossly overpriced service and going to internet TV.

And by the way, do we get a refund for the loss of service?

They have been warning of this for the past month or more. There has been a banner at the bottom of the screen on most channels stating that the entire True cable service would be down from Sunday July 15 at 2300 until Monday July 16 at 0900. They also sent me an SMS on my mobile last week which I attached below FYI.

"URGENT UPDATE: On the evening of Sunday 15 July, we will upgrade our broadcast technology; which includes the addition of new HD channels. From 23:00 on Sunday 15th until the following morning, you will not be able to receive any transmission on any channels. All services will be fully functional by 09:00 on Monday 16 July. For more information, call 0-2725-2525 press1 then press 4.

Sent from my mobile device"

Edited by KHR1010
  • Like 2

With regard to Starting New Topic, there is nothing at the top of my screen about Posts. I'm damned if I can find anything that leads me into a New Topic. I've been searching high and low for a while now.

The old ThaiVisa used to be so user friendly ...............................

With regard to Starting New Topic, there is nothing at the top of my screen about Posts. I'm damned if I can find anything that leads me into a New Topic. I've been searching high and low for a while now.

The old ThaiVisa used to be so user friendly ...............................

post-14979-0-39928900-1342392635_thumb.j

I have seen no banners and had no notification of this at all. Just found that there was no signal this am. Now some channels are appearing, but they are all on different channel numbers. Really annoying!

As reported yesterday:

UPDATE:

All TrueVisions channels will go black from 11pm tonight. 9am Monday more HD channels will be added. Only TrueVisions legal HD boxes will be functional from Monday 9am.

Source: http://www.truevisio...ages/index.html (Thai language)

HERE

But that post was wrong, as my Dreambox still works for the non-premium channels. STILL FUNCTIONAL!

As reported yesterday:

UPDATE:

All TrueVisions channels will go black from 11pm tonight. 9am Monday more HD channels will be added. Only TrueVisions legal HD boxes will be functional from Monday 9am.

Source: http://www.truevisio...ages/index.html (Thai language)

HERE

But that post was wrong, as my Dreambox still works for the non-premium channels. STILL FUNCTIONAL!

Non encrypted still will work.... More higher value stuff not anymore.

I've just got a standard SD box. From the headlines of topics on here I knew that something was going to change with True but wasn't sure if we would lose everything or need to upgrade to a HD box, tbh I didn't care too much either way to find out any more info.

Turned it on this morning and it updated the firmware (said dyup in the front display), all channels are still on plus a few more new ones but the order is completely different. Looks like all the free channels and Knowledge package are first then all premium channels and HD are higher in the list.

Edited by KunMatt

They have been warning of this for the past month or more. There has been a banner at the bottom of the screen on most channels stating that the entire True cable service would be down from Sunday July 15 at 2300 until Monday July 16 at 0900. They also sent me an SMS on my mobile last week which I attached below FYI.

"URGENT UPDATE: On the evening of Sunday 15 July, we will upgrade our broadcast technology; which includes the addition of new HD channels. From 23:00 on Sunday 15th until the following morning, you will not be able to receive any transmission on any channels. All services will be fully functional by 09:00 on Monday 16 July. For more information, call 0-2725-2525 press1 then press 4.

Sent from my mobile device"

No idea why, but as Loong stated above, I also never saw scrolling banners announcing the outage, nor did I receive an SMS. No, I was not following the other thread about this.

Bet there were some fidgety, jetlagged arrivals in hotels last night with nothing to watch on the telly. And a lot of busy receptionists taking late night calls from guests asking why their TV didn't work.

Had to do a master reset twice (power down and reboot) to get rid of the "Error 16 No Single" warning.

What do you mean !!! take out plugs and card and leave for 2 minutes ? I have tried that but still getting error 16 as well as message stating your set top box is starting up but 20 minutes later still nothing true phone lines busy cannot get thru !!!!

Amazing. No advance notification, no scroll at the bottom of the screen earlier today, nothing. Shortly before my screen went blank, Truevisions cut the programming and ran a page for a few minutes saying they would be off until 9:00 am tomorrow morning. That's it...I'm tossing their grossly overpriced service and going to internet TV.

And by the way, do we get a refund for the loss of service?

Lets see..

Scrolling banners.

SMS's to the true registered cellphone number.

Multiple calls from service reps

Full page adverts in the truevisions magazine

Full page waring on the landing page for the true website.

Not sure what else they could have done ??

• Like 2

All channels back on including HD channels even though I'm not paying for them. Some of the TV Guide info is incorrect, not matching what is playing or "No information". All Radio/music channels inoperative with A message "This service is blocked" displayed. Tried power reset twice with no change. I'll try again later, maybe they're working on it.