Soi Forbidden To Farangs

aneliane

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if anyone can tell me, i was in a soi in Bangkok several years ago with another western man.

cannot recall what part but i feel it may have been around sukhimvit, 2 japanese men came out of a restaurant and told us we must leave the soi ASAP as its japanese only, they had beautiful suites on and were about 25 years old.

I was not having it because we were in a soi, not in a club, not in any form of establishment, but they insisted it was a japanese soi andthere is nothing there for us.

me and my friend were only passing through, we had our muay thai camps shirt on, well known camp, they cleary were not phased or detered, thai clubs usualy wai then race you to the nearest tables when we wear them, sorryif that sounds big headed but its true.

are there japanese soi's like this or was it 2 fools playing games, as i said they had suits on, spoke good english, and thinking back there were no farang in the soi despite being fullof establishments.

need to know its driving me nuts.

Doesnt sound like Suk, more like soi Thanya in Patpong.

This area is for Japenese, all the signs are in Japanese, if I remember correctly the enterance to this soi has security guards,

so if this was the area I dont know how you got passed them.

Yes there are areas of Bkk where the Japanese hang out, and farang arent welcome in their bars/clubs, but have never heard of anyone being told to leave a soi.

Are you sure this wasnt the back sois of Ekamai.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me, i was in a soi in Bangkok several years ago with another western man.

cannot recall what part but i feel it may have been around sukhimvit, 2 japanese men came out of a restaurant and told us we must leave the soi ASAP as its japanese only, they had beautiful suites on and were about 25 years old.

I was not having it because we were in a soi, not in a club, not in any form of establishment, but they insisted it was a japanese soi andthere is nothing there for us.

me and my friend were only passing through, we had our muay thai camps shirt on, well known camp, they cleary were not phased or detered, thai clubs usualy wai then race you to the nearest tables when we wear them, sorryif that sounds big headed but its true.

are there japanese soi's like this or was it 2 fools playing games, as i said they had suits on, spoke good english, and thinking back there were no farang in the soi despite being fullof establishments.

I think they were just paricularly perceptive and good judges of character

thanks for the answer, by the way, we both do charity work for children, unpaid.

we don't drink,smoke, or sleep around but thanks for the answer i expected but was kind of hoping i would not get.

Personally, I try to avoid boasting about my tee-shirts, or my virtues. They all pale into insignificance beside my arrogance and conceit, which, luckily, I don't need to draw others' attention to. I can't remember any conflict in which I have found myself that I could not relate directly to my own foolishness (and, indeed, there are several that I cannot remember, that I can also so relate). If you do not drink, then you really have little excuse for other people's behaviour towards you

SC

so it was my fault we were pulled up for passing through a soi, minding our own bussiness.

if your itching for a fight go somewhere else, the reason i mention the shirt was simple, to point out they were the kind of guysthat were not detered.

and if i choose to mention it i will, i can talk about anything i do, perhaps i am proud of it, but ask yourself why it bothers you, thats really weird.

think about it, i ask a simple question, and you start an argument, are you really ok.

perhaps like you they were as foolish enough to judge a stranger

I think SC was actually trying to pay you a compliment.

Maybe you should not be so foolish to judge strangers.

paying me a compliment by saying they are good judges of character for removing me, ok.

have i just entered a reverse thinking world here.

Doesnt sound like Suk, more like soi Thanya in Patpong.

This area is for Japenese, all the signs are in Japanese, if I remember correctly the enterance to this soi has security guards,

so if this was the area I dont know how you got passed them.

Yes there are areas of Bkk where the Japanese hang out, and farang arent welcome in their bars/clubs, but have never heard of anyone being told to leave a soi.

Are you sure this wasnt the back sois of Ekamai.

you may beright because we had just been doing some work up near patpong now that i think back, the so called japanese soi was quite nice.

paying me a compliment by saying they are good judges of character for removing me, ok.

Maybe they prevented you and your mate from a lot of potential grief in case you had decided trying to enter one of their clubs with your fancy shirts etc.

• Like 1

There has been a backlash with Muslims v French and the wearing of the Burqa in France.

This could well have triggered off some animosity!

Neither my father, myself or friends have ever encountered the negativity and abuse you are clearly suffering in Thailand.

How could he know i was French ?

Thai people think I'm american for some reason

Perhaps it`s the way you walk and the ribbons in Fifi the poodle`s hair?

If this is true, than I would move.

There has been a backlash with Muslims v French and the wearing of the Burqa in France.

Neither my father, myself or friends have ever encountered the negativity and abuse you are clearly suffering in Thailand.

Fifi is actually a one-eye ex mangy no breed soi dog called bot (blind)laugh.png

Maybe you have recently moved from the southern hemisphere to the northern hemisphere (or vice versa)...

All the confusion could be caused by the coriolis effect working in the opposite direction in either hemisphere

• Like 1

So me and the lad found ourselves in a red light district of Kobe with a bit of a thirst on. There were loads of places there that looked like they sold drink, and with signs outside, but with big numbers, and we were frightened we'd get charged that much for a bit of a sing-song. So we carried on walking, and eventually came to a place called "London Pub" which we reckoned was a banker for a beer. Down some stairs, through a heavy door, into a little room "Two beers please" with our cheeriest friendly smiles.

"Don't have beer" and, to be fair, that could have been true, but it was obvious they didn't want us there. So we went back to the suburbs to 7-11. I blame that on my naivite, ignorance, and lack of endeavour, rather than trying to pass any blame to the Japanese involved; we could have persevered, and got drink there, or somewhere else, but it did not seem worth it. It wasn't near my house, so it was not a big issue; it did not affect my future lifestyle

SC

Have you actually visited this perfumed garden of delights?

Are you trying to say my mrs should dress as if she was in jeddah or kabul?

Sorry this is Bkk we are talking about, however I recognize some of the followers of the religion of peace may not be so liberal.

If it's down a soi, thus not on a main road, in a residential Muslim area (According to the Muslim guy), then perhaps that's what that particular individual expected.

That's not to say that he's right or wrong, but you can perhaps understand more of his point of view, and then decide on what level of justification he may have thought he had (Although I don't think that level of rudeness would be justified in many situations regardless).

Fifi is actually a one-eye ex mangy no breed soi dog called bot (blind)laugh.png

Or was it the beret and onion neckless ? smile.png

Have you actually visited this perfumed garden of delights?

Are you trying to say my mrs should dress as if she was in jeddah or kabul?

Sorry this is Bkk we are talking about, however I recognize some of the followers of the religion of peace may not be so liberal.

If it's down a soi, thus not on a main road, in a residential Muslim area (According to the Muslim guy), then perhaps that's what that particular individual expected.

That's not to say that he's right or wrong, but you can perhaps understand more of his point of view, and then decide on what level of justification he may have thought he had (Although I don't think that level of rudeness would be justified in many situations regardless).

Maybe he wanted to be a skinhead lout, but was ill-natured because of the constraints imposed on his ambitions by his social millieu, and he was acting out his ideals as best he could.

SC

EDIT: Duplicate quotes deleted

Edited by StreetCowboy

Maybe they prevented you and your mate from a lot of potential grief in case you had decided trying to enter one of their clubs with your fancy shirts etc.

...or maybe they were just bad boys despite (or maybe as evidenced by) their business-like attire...

... maybe they did not want nice charitable (and sober) chaps, like payak, hanging in their ghetto

So one guy told you he didn't want your dog in the street and no one else did ?

Maybe he was a nutter, maybe he didn't like you, maybe he was a self important prick, whatever, but the soi isn't forbidden to farangs is it ?

By the way their are privately owned sois in Bangkok. Soi Suk 101/2 is one where you have to pay to drive through it.

Nope this was a completely public soi and several Muslim people also tried to deter me from going any further (although it was more politely)

I think that was a anti Muslim put down very politely said.

...or maybe they were just bad boys despite (or maybe as evidenced by) their business-like attire...

... maybe they did not want nice charitable (and sober) chaps, like payak, hanging in their ghetto

Maybe they were worried for the impact on Payak's reputation

SC

I have lived over 30 years in Thailand, North, South, East and West, and have never known the sorts of hostilities you are experiencing.

So why do you think these groups of people have singled you out and picking on you for absolutely no good reasons?

I have lived over 30 years in Thailand, North, South, East and West, and have never known the sorts of hostilities you are experiencing.

So why do you think these groups of people have singled you out and picking on you for absolutely no good reasons?

Just try being a woman without a BF/husband and not huge amount of money to buy yourself walls, protection, security, isolation from all these types of crap and you will see, things DO change and crap come your way more often

maybe the many farang who came before me inspired the no farang rule.

looking at some here, not all but some,probably for the best.

for the record, the shirts were not cheap training ones, they were the dressier variety, the camp has a wide variety of clothing, jackets shoes you name it, we were not dressed down.

no doubt something in this post will warrant an attack also, go ahead cowboy.

for the record, the shirts were not cheap training ones, they were the dressier variety, the camp has a wide variety of clothing, jackets shoes you name it, we were not dressed down.

Does the camp have a burka ?

You did say name it tongue.png

Just try being a woman without a BF/husband and not huge amount of money to buy yourself walls, protection, security, isolation from all these types of crap and you will see, things DO change and crap come your way more often

why have they singled her out, no reason according to her, thats what she is asking, kind of like what i was asking, now the people that were singled out are seen as wrong,

Are you recommending that he has a sex change?

Wouldn't that be a big step just for the sake of feeling like a victim?

I never commented on the shirts.

The only times I've been in Japanese clubs, I've found it an awkward and unpleasant experience, as I don't know how to behave.

If we're talking Pat Pong, that is a foreign country to me, and I've never been comfortable there, whichever Soi I was in. But generally, when I've been refused entry somewhere (mostly pubs, in my case) it has been something in me that has caused that

SC

Are you recommending that he has a sex change?

Wouldn't that be a big step just for the sake of feeling like a victim?

Desperate times, desperate measures...

SC

You're white. You're not a Muslim. You're a woman. You have a dog with you (regardless of what your friend says, some Muslims hate dogs, it is illegal to walk dogs in public in some Muslim countries or keep them as pets, so some disagree with your friend even if his interpretation is better). Lot of reasons for him to dislike you and want to try make himself feel powerful by putting you down. He quite likely has some mental illness in addition to being a religious fanatic. You should stay out of that neighborhood for your own safety