Soi Forbidden To Farangs

aneliane

Whats wrong with some of you people? A felow Ferang, and female at that, as experienced something quite distressing and some of you chose to have a pop at her?

i dont believe for a second she is telling lies and further more, she has every right to walk down any soi in any area of Bangkok without being told to leave simply because she is white and/or non muslim.

Personaly, I would have punched the bloke straight in the hooter. Seriously. Im not hiding behind a keyboard here. If some dirty rag head told me to leave "his" soi because I am a "dog" I would without hesitation <deleted> the bloke.

A few miles from my old moo baan in Hua Hin there was a muslim area out in the sticks. I was once riding my bike through the area and two rag heads asked motioned for me not to make a left turn into some street. Im assuming because I am not a muslim. I continued and actualy made it a daily habit: no matter how busy I was, I would find the time to drive around that area on my bike whilst drinking a can of Singha.

Im going to get berated for this, knowing TV posters so well, but thats what I believe in: a right to go where I want, whenever I want. I will certainly not let any dirty suicide bomber tell me where I can and cant go.

Stop attacking the OP. It sounds like she is having a hard time of it latley and you cowards should be siding up with her and making her feel better about life in Thailand.... Not calling her a lier and attacking her every observation. Dickheads. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Apparently we're not supposed to say "you people" and we're to say "y'all" instead, as apparently "you people" refers specifically to blacks, and it offends them (I'm baffled by that as well)

Unless I'm deliberately trying to stir up trouble, I normally try to avoid using terms like "rag-head", or characterising all muslims as suicide bombers. Normally, I try to stick strictly to dictionary English when discussing something controversial, particularly when discussing other groups of people; again, unless I am deliberately trying to stir up ill-feeling, or demonstrate my own ignorance and stupidity.

SC

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here we go again

And again

and again

For the 1478589574 th time :WHERE DID I SAY I DID NOT LIKE THAILAND ???

I am debating an issue

An issue does NOT equal to my all life

Do you understand that ?

Do you understand that I have OTHERS aspects of my life in Thailand that I like and deliberately choose not to share those aspects with you ?

Is it really so difficult to understand ?

Go on then... tell us about some aspects of Thailand or Thai people that you don't hate...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Why should she? She is simply talking about one incident that she does not like. In your eyes she hates everything about Thailand, simply because she does not like being called a dog and told to leave an area?

If i was to look through your old posts I am sure I would find a post you made describing something you dislike about Thailand. Should I then assume you like nothing about Thailand? Should I pester you to prove what you "like" about this country?

Welcome to the Thai Visa forum. Good on you for sticking up for someone you don't know. For your information, so you understand the context, this OP has a track record of nasty stereotyping against almost everyone and actually thrives on the negative responses she has received in this thread.

Aside from this strange topic suggesting Muslims are racist just because (supposedly) some nutter shouted at her, she has also previously said that Thais are racist because the street vendor was slow to serve her, suggested all Farangs married with Thais are whoremongers, claimed no women like sex and only do it because they are afraid of being killed by their husbands, and described Thai Visa as a red neck forum.

I am however glad to see the positive tone of her last post and hope she continues with a more balanced tone, rather than her previous trolling tendencies. Thanks for giving me a reason to explain the situation.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I will certainly not let any dirty suicide bomber tell me where I can and cant go.

Not much chance of encountering a suicide bomber anywhere though, as by definition they would surely have blown themselves before you would have chance to be told anything by them. Why mention an extremely small demographic of people in this thread about a perceived muslim soi in Bangkok anyway?

Could be a trainee... or an unsuccessful veteran.

SC

i dont believe for a second she is telling lies and further more, she has every right to walk down any soi in any area of Bangkok without being told to leave simply because she is white and/or non muslim.

Personaly, I would have punched the bloke straight in the hooter. Seriously. Im not hiding behind a keyboard here. If some dirty rag head told me to leave "his" soi because I am a "dog" I would without hesitation <deleted> the bloke.

A few miles from my old moo baan in Hua Hin there was a muslim area out in the sticks. I was once riding my bike through the area and two rag heads asked motioned for me not to make a left turn into some street. Im assuming because I am not a muslim. I continued and actualy made it a daily habit: no matter how busy I was, I would find the time to drive around that area on my bike whilst drinking a can of Singha.

Why are you referring to Muslims as "rag heads" & "dirty ragheads​? Your post is most derogatory and offensive!

Its my belief. I appreciate that you may see that as offensive and it probably is. I just dont like them. For many reasons that I wont go in to as I dont want to turn this thread into something else.

I will say this though. I cant imagine any persons of another religion stopping a westerner from entering a soi or a road, other than a muslim. It happened to the OP and it happened to me. Thats one of many reasons why I dont like muslims.

I come from Coventry in the UK which has tens of thousands of people from all over the world. I honestly do not care about the colour of you skin - sincerely - I have Sikh and Hindu friends. I just dont like Muslims period.

• Like 1

Why are you referring to Muslims as "rag heads" & "dirty ragheads​? Your post is most derogatory and offensive!

I had assumed it was either to deliberately stir up trouble and cause offence, or to highlight his ignorance, stupidity and prejudice. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of contributing to the former or commending the latter.

SC

EDIT: I enjoyed the reference to suicide bombers while riding a bike and drinking a can of beer. I think it would be flattery to assume that the irony was intended.

Of course irony was intended. Most of the time I didnt even fancy a beer. I just wanted to make a point - just as you have made yours. Now that we both have, lets not get into a huge debate about it. I have made my point, you disagree. Fair enough.

If you are not breaking any local laws and are within your rights, you can do one of two things. 1) Move to a non-muslim neighborhood or 2) tell them to <snip> off. Personally I would tell them to <snip> off, but that's just me.

He was a man quite a big one, in a Muslim street, and I am a woman and on my own.

I would have love to be able to F.. off, but did not think I was in position allowing me this

I think you hit the nail on the head right there; you are a western woman; alone. You are a prime target for abuse. The dog was just an excuse for him to berate you, imho.

Typical muslim behavior.

Its my belief. I appreciate that you may see that as offensive and it probably is. I just dont like them. For many reasons that I wont go in to as I dont want to turn this thread into something else.

I will say this though. I cant imagine any persons of another religion stopping a westerner from entering a soi or a road, other than a muslim. It happened to the OP and it happened to me. Thats one of many reasons why I dont like muslims.

I come from Coventry in the UK which has tens of thousands of people from all over the world. I honestly do not care about the colour of you skin - sincerely - I have Sikh and Hindu friends. I just dont like Muslims period.

+1

But I would say its Islam extremists rather than just Muslims, which this religion seems to have a worryingly growing number