Soi Forbidden To Farangs

aneliane

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're white. You're not a Muslim. You're a woman. You have a dog with you (regardless of what your friend says, some Muslims hate dogs, it is illegal to walk dogs in public in some Muslim countries or keep them as pets, so some disagree with your friend even if his interpretation is better). Lot of reasons for him to dislike you and want to try make himself feel powerful by putting you down. He quite likely has some mental illness in addition to being a religious fanatic. You should stay out of that neighborhood for your own safety

My neighborhood is his neighborhood, this happened the soi next to mine 500 meters away from my house

Have you ever seen any other Farangs in this Soi?

I would have thought up near OnNut there would be quite a few.

Well, at least one or two.

Dreams are not necessarily an accurate reflection of reality.

Firsomeae' us itstheclosestwegit, and they'reno' even ouraindreams

RIBB

He's in a really bad mood because no-one has friended him on Facebook, and he's doubting his own existence....

SC

maybe the many farang who came before me inspired the no farang rule.

looking at some here, not all but some,probably for the best.

for the record, the shirts were not cheap training ones, they were the dressier variety, the camp has a wide variety of clothing, jackets shoes you name it, we were not dressed down.

no doubt something in this post will warrant an attack also, go ahead cowboy.

I never commented on the shirts.

The only times I've been in Japanese clubs, I've found it an awkward and unpleasant experience, as I don't know how to behave.

If we're talking Pat Pong, that is a foreign country to me, and I've never been comfortable there, whichever Soi I was in. But generally, when I've been refused entry somewhere (mostly pubs, in my case) it has been something in me that has caused that

SC

Patpong is a place I would avoid if I was not working, but we were not refused entry, we were passing through a soi, and stopped and asked to leave, we were not staying anyway.

so tell me, what did we do wrong

As said previously, it's onnut soi which is 15 km long and I am on the prawet section.

for the record, the shirts were not cheap training ones, they were the dressier variety, the camp has a wide variety of clothing, jackets shoes you name it, we were not dressed down.

The only times I've been in Japanese clubs, I've found it an awkward and unpleasant experience, as I don't know how to behave.

If we're talking Pat Pong, that is a foreign country to me, and I've never been comfortable there, whichever Soi I was in. But generally, when I've been refused entry somewhere (mostly pubs, in my case) it has been something in me that has caused that

SC

Patpong is a place I would avoid if I was not working, but we were not refused entry, we were passing through a soi, and stopped and asked to leave, we were not staying anyway.

Were you carrying the collection tin for your charity work?

Dreams are not necessarily an accurate reflection of reality.

Why do you keep coming back to my topics?

Each of them you don't believe them and you keep dissing everything I say ...

what's the point ?

Are you that deranged that you need to read someone you never believe ?

SC

If I was to speculate, it would do you no good.

As Ray French and Allan Rooney concurred, it is pointless to speculate.

Having been there, you may be able to review, reflect, and see how things could have transpired differently.

SC

I have lived over 30 years in Thailand, North, South, East and West, and have never known the sorts of hostilities you are experiencing.

So why do you think these groups of people have singled you out and picking on you for absolutely no good reasons?

Just try being a woman without a BF/husband and not huge amount of money to buy yourself walls, protection, security, isolation from all these types of crap and you will see, things DO change and crap come your way more often

OK, so you are a Western middle aged female, living alone, no friends as such, low on funds and consider yourself extremely vulnerable and at danger where you live.

So I ask; why are you in Thailand, isolated, friendless with no one to protect you, living among people that according to you, would prefer not to have you around? And what is your situation?

I am asking because I feel rather concerned and wonder how you got into this predicament in the first place and why you now consider yourself trapped in this hostile environment with no way out.

I am up here in Chiang Mai, but do have many connections in Bangkok via my son within the police, lawyers and the local authorities, so do you require any assistance?

• Like 1

SC

If I was to speculate, it would do you no good.

As Ray French and Allan Rooney concurred, it is pointless to speculate.

Having been there, you may be able to review, reflect, and see how things could have transpired differently.

SC

Some people just have to find out the hard way despite having done nothing wrong.

It's a shame but such is life.

it's 100 meters from my house, I have been also thrown out of a shop on my own soi because it was muslim

Quite frankly if I were a Thai Muslim who visited this website on a regular basis and saw the amount of racist discrimination that is discussed about them here, I would have a general dislike of westerners also, not to mention the ones who completely disregard their culture and customs on some of the Thai Muslim Islands where westerners go topless and treat the beach as if it were a commune in Southern France..

Since when is downtown Bangkok the bastion of freedom for muslims?

Please, as if any muslim has one iota of respect for western or eastern cultures. In fact they have zero respect for any culture except their own. Now please go crawl back under your rock.

Thus spoke the voice of reason and respect

SC

EDIT: I should highlight that that was sarcasm, as I expect Keysersoze may know as little about humour as he does about Islam

Edited by StreetCowboy

Well, at least one or two..

As said previously, it's onnut soi which is 15 km long and I am on the prawet section.

Apologies aneliane, I'm just not understanding you?

A 'soi which is 15 km long'

Anyway, what I was trying to identify was that if there was just you who had this experience then it could be a Farang/non-Muslim slur.

But if there were many Farang/non-Muslim the slur would be focused on just you ... and can understand why you would feel violated.

I have lived over 30 years in Thailand, North, South, East and West, and have never known the sorts of hostilities you are experiencing.

So why do you think these groups of people have singled you out and picking on you for absolutely no good reasons?

Just try being a woman without a BF/husband and not huge amount of money to buy yourself walls, protection, security, isolation from all these types of crap and you will see, things DO change and crap come your way more often

OK, so you are a Western middle aged female, living alone, no friends as such, low on funds and consider yourself extremely vulnerable and at danger where you live.

So I ask; why are you in Thailand, isolated, friendless with no one to protect you, living among people that according to you, would prefer not to have you around? And what is your situation?

I am asking because I feel rather concerned and wonder how you got into this predicament in the first place and why you now consider yourself trapped in this hostile environment with no way out.

I am up here in Chiang Mai, but do have many connections in Bangkok via my son within the police, lawyers and the local authorities, so do you require any assistance?

I am not in danger

I am just not in a comfortable position that most foreigners have here (males with Thai wife/GF).

It is just a bit harder for everything I do, because I don't have Thai connections but that's OK.

The environment is not hostile all the time, only sometimes.

I am not trapped, just it would be a pain to move out again as I just moved in 6 months ago.

Anyway, what I was trying to identify was that if there was just you who had this experience then it could be a Farang/non-Muslim slur.

But if there were many Farang/non-Muslim the slur would be focused on just you ... and can understand why you would feel violated.

Soi On Nut runs from Sukhumvit Road to On Nut. Maybe it joins Soi Pattanakarn at On Nut (not sure about that, but I think On Nut is further South and further East); there's certainly a few muslim communities in that quarter; particularly the big mosques on the South Side of Rama IX near Patanakarn.

SC

Onnut is actually 22 km long, yes it is still called a soi ans yes it is 22 km

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=onnut+55&ie=UTF-8&ei=oGQEUNOQJeaWiQeOsaz4Bw&ved=0CEMQ_AUoAg

Onnut is actually

... can your police connections help with a case of suspected deception / impersonation?

it's 100 meters from my house, I have been also thrown out of a shop on my own soi because it was muslim

Quite frankly if I were a Thai Muslim who visited this website on a regular basis and saw the amount of racist discrimination that is discussed about them here, I would have a general dislike of westerners also, not to mention the ones who completely disregard their culture and customs on some of the Thai Muslim Islands where westerners go topless and treat the beach as if it were a commune in Southern France..

Since when is downtown Bangkok the bastion of freedom for muslims?

Please, as if any muslim has one iota of respect for western or eastern cultures. In fact they have zero respect for any culture except their own. Now please go crawl back under your rock.

Thus spoke the voice of reason and respect

SC

EDIT: I should highlight that that was sarcasm, as I expect Keysersoze may know as little about humour as he does about Islam

...if you could provide similar explanatory footnotes on all your posts that would be much appreciated by us simpletons

I am not in danger

I am just not in a comfortable position that most foreigners have here (males with Thai wife/GF).

It is just a bit harder for everything I do, because I don't have Thai connections but that's OK.

I am not trapped, just it would be a pain to move out again as I just moved in 6 months ago.

So what are you complaining about? The weirdo who told you to go and sling your hook or being a women?

If you consider not having a partner as a disadvantage, than that’s your choice and so is living in any particular area.

You have two options, either move to somewhere where you feel more secure and comfortable or stay in your environment where you have to tolerate a lot of crap (as you put it) and save yourself the inconvenience of moving.

Problem solved, end of story and have a good life.

I am not in danger

So what are you complaining about? The weirdo who told you to go and sling your hook or being a women?

If you consider not having a partner as a disadvantage, than that’s your choice and so is living in any particular area.

You have two options, either move to somewhere where you feel more secure and comfortable or stay in your environment where you have to tolerate a lot of crap (as you put it) and save yourself the inconvenience of moving.

Problem solved, end of story and have a good life.

For some people, a lack of problems would cause problems.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I would simply take my dog for a walk somewhere else. Or move apartments.

Quite simple stuff really....who wants to live with unhappiness and fear?

I must say your experience is quite different to that experienced recently by phuturatica.....and wonder to myself....why is that so?

What made you think you were going to be excepted

by this religion in anny way ?

They can't even get along with their own kind

let alone some white foreigner

who they proberbly thinks a cristian or jew.

Dude, it is not about your dog or being a farang, it was your shirt. I know for a fact that all Thais hate Gap shirts because one Thai guy on a motorbike once told me he would never shop at the Gap.

... can your police connections help with a case of suspected deception / impersonation?

Are you having an identity crisis Brit?rolleyes.gif