More Then A Fair Share Of Tart An In Thailand ... Givin' It Laldy

David48

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was late into that Thread and never read it.

Maybe I'd better invest some time there and see what you two are on about ... ermm.gif

EDIT ... I looked for it without success.

I believe he is commenting on how much he loves meeting friendly and adaptable Scots in Thailand....you know the sort....we love meeting all sorts of people and bouncing off each other...often literally at 4am....

david thank you for your message, but im not scotish, im just working here, on longannet power station,

mind you the amount of time ive spent up here, i could be, ive worked in scotland for a number of years now, when i was welding i did a lot up here and now im supervisor im still here,,lol,

great place, more so when its not raining, its rained on and off for over a month now,

take care all,

jake

For a country of 5 million odd, there does seems to be a large proportion of members of Scottish decent who have an affinity for Thailand.

Tell us why your ass is in Thailand (or want's to be) and your heart is still in Scotland

My ass is in Thailand coz ma darlin wifie's fae here an aifter a trial run bidin through een o i worst winter's snaw's seen in Scotland in 30 yeers or so, she wiz glaid ti git hame,,, as was masel is weel ,,, anither thing noo ye mention "geein it laldy" nae so much choice o quality single malts here ti lead mi astray in a nicht oot, resultin in a clearer Heid nooadays.

A North East loon same as mysell by the look o it?, a thochtie o the Doric in err!

• Like 1

As Frank Cassie telt me one Hogmanay, 'Hoots mon, Scooby Doo an' Howe o' the Mearns!' Franks deid noo.

'am offshore Malaysia the noo and oot o' a crew o' fufty two, 'ere's five ither Jockinese oot here wi' me. 'ere's also a Brazilian lassie wi' a big ersh an' when she sneezes, it soons like a poodle gettin' stept oan.

Thailand is hame frae hame but the Back o' Bennachie features in my past life. I wiz also callt the 'Laird o' Crichie' whan I wiz wurkin ower there cuz fowk thocht I wiz a right smert ersh. I jist thocht I wis unusually cliver but then I chose Thailand tae luv in an' that jist shows even I wis wrang oan that wun.

Fur noo I luv in Udon proper wi' the wife and bairn. It's nae a castle like fit ithers hae bult, just a big hoose.... wi' a moat.

Edited by NanLaew

lol well, ok David, in reply to your pm:

Born in Scotland and lived there till i was 16 years old.

Fathers side Italian though. Mothers side Irish.

I still have a Scottish "lilt" to my accent, but its mild/subtle. Any who dont recognise my accent right away most probably guess when i say words with "R's" in them :D

....or those rare times i raise my voice in anger!

No desire to live in Scotland. Some beautiful landscapes, but the general vibe is not for me.

Ive been fairly nomadic since i was 16 years old, so permanently living in one place and/or country is not yet in my psyche. But as im getting older, the laying down roots desire is getting a little stronger. Just dont really know 100% where yet.

• Like 1

Aye, an heres masel, aw the wiy fae Dundee. A few stop affs on the wiy via maist o the Middle East but noo up in McNong Bua Lam Phu.

Eh really miss a pint a heavy an a mince peh. Mind yoo eh wiz wunce in the bakers when eh herd an auld wummin sayin " eh'll hae a plen bridie on an ehll hae an ingin ane an a". Now if yi kin understand that then fae no far awa fae me.

Edited by SweatySock

Aye, an heres masel, aw the wiy fae Dundee. A few stop affs on the wiy via maist o the Middle East but noo up in McNong Bua Lam Phu.

Eh really miss a pint a heavy an a mince peh. Mind yoo eh wiz wunce in the bakers when eh herd an auld wummin sayin " eh'll hae a plen bridie on an ehll hae an ingin ane an a". Now if yi kin understand that then fae no far awa fae me.

Sais he ti me wiz thon yoo,

Sais a hoo

Sais he yoo,

Sais a me

Sais he I

Sais a naw,

Sais he wisoffie like ye

Sais he ti me wiz thon yoo,

Sais a hoo

Sais he yoo,

Sais a me

Sais he I

Sais a naw,

Sais he wisoffie like ye

An eh ken um well an a.

As Frank Cassie telt me one Hogmanay, 'Hoots mon, Scooby Doo an' Howe o' the Mearns!' Franks deid noo.

'am offshore Malaysia the noo and oot o' a crew o' fufty two, 'ere's five ither Jockinese oot here wi' me. 'ere's also a Brazilian lassie wi' a big ersh an' when she sneezes, it soons like a poodle gettin' stept oan.

Thailand is hame frae hame but the Back o' Bennachie features in my past life. I wiz also callt the 'Laird o' Crichie' whan I wiz wurkin ower there cuz fowk thocht I wiz a right smert ersh. I jist thocht I wis unusually cliver but then I chose Thailand tae luv in an' that jist shows even I wis wrang oan that wun.

Fur noo I luv in Udon proper wi' the wife and bairn. It's nae a castle like fit ithers hae bult, just a big hoose.... wi' a moat.

Back o Bennachie eh? you can see my avatar fae there! Crichie - a Garioch loon nae doot!

As Frank Cassie telt me one Hogmanay, 'Hoots mon, Scooby Doo an' Howe o' the Mearns!' Franks deid noo ...

Well NanLaew thanks ... I think blink.png

Ay ... A need tae practice ma Scots ... whistling.gif

..I can understand your Scottish, Dave48 thumbsup.gif All the time i have to tell them.: Can you speak English ?

I noticed too there is more than a fair amount of Scots here...Horrible weather there..I heard.

As my daughter's living there, and quite happy coffee1.gif and planning marriage..Uhm, a Scottish son in law..What a idea. I will have to go there, soon or later.In the summer of course.

Yep Scottish people good people,, Now where is the double malt ..whistling.gif

• Like 1

As Frank Cassie telt me one Hogmanay, 'Hoots mon, Scooby Doo an' Howe o' the Mearns!' Franks deid noo ...

Well NanLaew thanks ... I think blink.png

Ay ... A need tae practice ma Scots ... whistling.gif

..I can understand your Scottish, Dave48 thumbsup.gif All the time i have to tell them.: Can you speak English ?

I noticed too there is more than a fair amount of Scots here...Horrible weather there..I heard.

As my daughter's living there, and quite happy coffee1.gif and planning marriage..Uhm, a Scottish son in law..What a idea. I will have to go there, soon or later.In the summer of course.

Yep Scottish people good people,, Now where is the double malt ..whistling.gif

You've missed it for this year, it was on for about an hour one Tuesday near the end of June!

• Like 1

Whair's Patsycat, bytheway?

SC

Patsy's not got regular net at the moment, so isnt around much. Shes sorting some things out (for some time now). She should be back on as a regular when she is finally settled, which i hope is going well.

• Like 1

Ahmnofarfaeforfarmasel....

we had summer the other day, and i mean that, its rained for over a month now, god please get me home,,lol,

but my wife says ive got to stay till my pockets full

jake

I know what you mean Jake...a day or two of sumshine in May...which is when i took the pic btw....not to worry...getting on the big bird tomorrow! smile.png

we had summer the other day, and i mean that, its rained for over a month now, god please get me home,,lol,

but my wife says ive got to stay till my pockets full

jake

I know what you mean Jake...a day or two of sunshine in May...which is when i took the pic btw....not to worry...getting on the big bird tomorrow! smile.png

Speaking of which the weather forecast for your wee stop over is 13C - 18C ... chance of rain.

Things warm up when you hit Bangkok 24C - 35C .. rain likely though.

One thing to add to this topic, Celtic are the only team - thats correct not a third division team.........................................

I believe the Football Soccer Forum is 2 floors down and 1st on your left ... whistling.gif

Oh, I have really appreciated the language lesson and I'm about 60% there with the comprehension!

But what I dearly would love to see is this question from the OP answered ...

Tell us why your ass is in Thailand (or want's to be) and your heart is still in Scotland