Thaksin Says Yingluck A Better Prime Minister Than He Was

webfact

No she's busy running the nation and currently visiting Chancellor Merkel and been involved internationally so she can't be in two places at once now can she

Yingluck Shinawatra has an atrocious parliamentary attendance record, an appalling voting record and she avoids unscripted debate like it is a five metre great-white. Visiting Merkel or visiting the Easter Bunny has got nothing to do with Yingluck's last twelve months of shameful and undemocratic parliamentary contempt.

ermm.gif

"Yingluck Shinawatra has an atrocious parliamentary attendance record"

what is her parliamentary attendance record out of interest?

Last noted; only 3 of the 33 posible appearances to do her work in Parliament.

9.09% Since you asked.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No she's busy running the nation and currently visiting Chancellor Merkel and been involved internationally so she can't be in two places at once now can she

Yingluck Shinawatra has an atrocious parliamentary attendance record, an appalling voting record and she avoids unscripted debate like it is a five metre great-white. Visiting Merkel or visiting the Easter Bunny has got nothing to do with Yingluck's last twelve months of shameful and undemocratic parliamentary contempt.

ermm.gif

"Yingluck Shinawatra has an atrocious parliamentary attendance record"

what is her parliamentary attendance record out of interest?

Last noted; only 3 of the 33 posible appearances to do her work in Parliament.

just to be clear, what do you mean possible appearances?

as in the only time she could attend?

Edited by nurofiend

Abhisit is head of his party and an executive to boot.

Yingluck was plucked off the street.

Abhisit attends Parliament regularly and dutifully, and when he is doing his job in parliament he participates in unscripted debates and dialogue on issues of importance to Thailand.

Yingluck does not do any of those things.

ermm.gif

He is good at talking, lots of people have said this, but sometimes he gets upset when they say so.

http://asiancorrespo...lking-â€/

excellent article - I really liked:

But what is really irking Thailand’s incredibly privileged, elitist, Eton and Oxford educated Prime Minister? Enter a Suphanburi-born female trade union leader who was raised without any of the privileges handed out to Abhisit.

I really hope that you are not trying to convince anyone that poor Yingluck dragged her self up from poverty with no help from her ultra rich family. I don't think it will fly. The Shiniwatra family have been in politics for generations.

• Like 2

not at all - but I think English BORN, English EDUCATED Mark has a few more advantages? didn't do too well did he??? dodging Army service? still Eton and Oxford? and Yingluck? maybe Cambridge? Stanford? no..............????

Abhisit is head of his party and an executive to boot.

Yingluck was plucked off the street.

Abhisit attends Parliament regularly and dutifully, and when he is doing his job in parliament he participates in unscripted debates and dialogue on issues of importance to Thailand.

ermm.gif

Sneaking this under the radar (i hope!)

Sorry to be repetitive Yunia, but I have to agree

I despair for the future of Thailand. The ruling party are going round and round pursuing their obsession, while their electorate waits for the other policies they voted for, which are being backed up.

To present and defend one's Government policies requires knowledge of them in the first place.

Will Thailand's respected PM ever debate in Parliament - ie respond to questions? Presumably Democracy requires interaction between the ruling and opposition parties, (but at the moment I'm not educated enough to say that with any certainty.............)

For info - I am not red or yellow inclined, just pro-Democracy. My definition of Democracy doesn't include calculators.

I anticipate needing my hair shirt when certain people read this.

Back to my homework :(

• Like 1

not at all - but I think English BORN, English EDUCATED Mark has a few more advantages? didn't do too well did he??? dodging Army service? still Eton and Oxford? and Yingluck? maybe Cambridge? Stanford? no..............????

Abhisit was born in the UK while his parents were finishing their studies. He did go to Eton and St Johns college Oxford. He also taught at Chulachonklao Royal Military Acadamy ( sufficient for military service) and Thammasat Uni.

most mi-so. Hi-so thais avoid conscription by doing army cadets etc.

Abhisits family are generally nown as doctors or associated with medicine.

Abhisit is well educated and has inherited most of his wealth (54 million) but personally I think that's far better than screwing the country like the shinawatras.

Yingluck got her masters at Kentucky state University

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by thaicbr
  • Like 2

Yingluck seemed to have had a bit of a slow start. But I am sure with corruption training from Chalerm she can pick up her game.... :-) I cannot even imagine how all this is going to end. My best guess is that Thaksin somehow worms his way back here. Then Yingluck will feign some kind of mysterious illness, step down, and then Thaksin becomes PM.

Interesting Point: Sounds like you got this all worked out, maybe actions have been in place for a while, I sure you are right. You know the how it is somethings aren't always what they seem!

Hey do you do book reviews? Im sure you would be the man for the job. Let me know Eyeswideshut! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Havco

BJ, I don't know what you're on, but your posts are sometimes barely intelligible. Were you trying to make a point here? What is it?

No-one gets to choose their parents, their siblings, or even their descendants. Just lucky/unlucky. Is that what you mean? Luck of the draw?

Yingluck seemed to have had a bit of a slow start. But I am sure with corruption training from Chalerm she can pick up her game.... :-) I cannot even imagine how all this is going to end. My best guess is that Thaksin somehow worms his way back here. Then Yingluck will feign some kind of mysterious illness, step down, and then Thaksin becomes PM.

Interesting Point: Sounds like you got this all worked out, maybe actions have been in place for a while, I sure you are right. You know the how it is somethings aren't always what they seem!

Hey do you do book reviews? Im sure you would be the man for the job. Let me know Eyeswideshut! thumbsup.gif

It is actually the simple process of deductive reasoning. Try it sometime... Yingluck is Thaksin clone number three. None of them have worked out very well. So it is simply a matter of time until the puppet master returns and takes the wheel himself.......

Sneaking this under the radar (i hope!)

Sorry to be repetitive Yunia, but I have to agree

I despair for the future of Thailand. The ruling party are going round and round pursuing their obsession, while their electorate waits for the other policies they voted for, which are being backed up.

To present and defend one's Government policies requires knowledge of them in the first place.

Will Thailand's respected PM ever debate in Parliament - ie respond to questions? Presumably Democracy requires interaction between the ruling and opposition parties, (but at the moment I'm not educated enough to say that with any certainty.............)

For info - I am not red or yellow inclined, just pro-Democracy. My definition of Democracy doesn't include calculators.

I anticipate needing my hair shirt when certain people read this.

Back to my homework sad.png

The theory of parliamentary democracy, which in my opinion is the 'only game in town' in terms of managing human societies in a stable and sophisticated manner, the central act of open debate is the melting pot for different views and minority interest groups who all have the right to say what they think, and be judged by their peers, and to have their ideas challenged openly in unscripted debates where they must be able to defend their propositions. This acts as a kind of sociopolitical cauldron where (in theory) extreme or contentious ideas are melted down to more normal acceptable theories which are less likely to destabilize society or lead to oppression etc. Also it exposes people who have no real feeling for the policies being discussed, in ways that scripted speeches do not expose. What concerns me about Yingluck is that she is a speeches leader and not a debates leader.

People talk about two party states but in a true parliamentary democracy the same party will have internal disputes which are debated, with (in the UK) back-benchers having the right to challenge their own leader openly, within a party many radically different individuals are debating on specific interests that are important to their constituents. The aim of debate is consensus, the boiling down of all opposing views into an acceptable middle ground. Also debates tend to show-up leaders who have despotic tendencies and soforth, veteran politicians can spot dangerously unbalanced viewpoints and will try to challenge the ideas openly in the interests of maintaining functional stability. It is not a perfect system but it is better than the alternatives and it encourages intelligent and moral-minded people to stand up and speak for what they believe is important.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

- deleted -

ermm.gif

He is good at talking, lots of people have said this, but sometimes he gets upset when they say so.

http://asiancorrespo...-â€/

excellent article - I really liked:

But what is really irking Thailand’s incredibly privileged, elitist, Eton and Oxford educated Prime Minister? Enter a Suphanburi-born female trade union leader who was raised without any of the privileges handed out to Abhisit.

I really hope that you are not trying to convince anyone that poor Yingluck dragged her self up from poverty with no help from her ultra rich family. I don't think it will fly. The Shiniwatra family have been in politics for generations.

it helps to read the link ;)

But as I'm trying to point out there is ONLY a rat IF Abhisit is the exception rather than the norm.

How many other serving politicians have been army conscripted in the last 45 years or ever. My guess none.

We will both have to wait and see what the outcome is.

I agree, when he showed up in parliment he made and passed bills and laws that made him and only him money. If she shows up in parliment she does nothing. Neither have benefitted the Thai people. But nothing is better than screwing them.

• Like 1

you take it out of context as it was a reply to another post - I was referring to his privileged upbringing and his membership of the 'amart'. I am FOR meritocracies and AGAINST privilege by birth.

Abhisit's parents were both doctors. That gave them the opportunity to work overseas where Abhisit was born.

Thaksin is probably more "amart" than Abhisit, being from a rich Chiang Mai family and marrying into Chiang Mai royalty.

Edited by Maestro
Deleted nonsensical part of post.
  • Like 1

Personally, - I think that she is gem! Thai politics - are no different from most other countries.

Show me one other head of state that looks so good and carries themselves with such outward charisma.

Thailand wins.

Granted - that it is an outward show - and what goes on behind the scenes is quite different.

But that is politics. It's a circus show. Not just here, - but everywhere - in every country.

From what I can see, she is giving Thailand much more credibility that any PM that operated before her.

She is trying. I like her. So, dam_n you all. Look at your own politicians in the UK, USA, and Australia etc etc before you drag this beautiful woman down.

Personally, - I think that she is gem! Thai politics - are no different from most other countries.

Show me one other head of state that looks so good and carries themselves with such outward charisma.

Thailand wins.

Granted - that it is an outward show - and what goes on behind the scenes is quite different.

But that is politics. It's a circus show. Not just here, - but everywhere - in every country.

From what I can see, she is giving Thailand much more credibility that any PM that operated before her.

She is trying. I like her. So, dam_n you all. Look at your own politicians in the UK, USA, and Australia etc etc before you drag this beautiful woman down.

Ok. Then next time they do an election here it would be even better to just line up some coyotes from RCA and choose the best looking to run the country. Sorted :D:lol::P

• Like 2

Yes, ...... the same holds true for every other country on this planet. Nick Romney ... should be replaced by a super model.

You see ... now you have the right idea. They are all monkeys / puppets. So, may as well may them look good!

Then we can have a Miss PM World contest.

My point before .... Thailand is the outright winner right now. Yeah !!!!!

Yes, ...... the same holds true for every other country on this planet. Nick Romney ... should be replaced by a super model.

You see ... now you have the right idea. They are all monkeys / puppets. So, may as well may them look good!

Umm Laura Chinchilla of Costa Rica is a bit of a hottie:D

Why do you think your monkey-puppet Yingluck looks good?

Do you get out much?