Buy A Guitar Online And Get It Shipped To Thailand

aehn

I have not! However, why would you buy a guitar online and take the risk of buying something defective. Guitars, travel with great difficulty. The temperature and pressure changes, affect the wood and the neck. String tension should be slack. The humidity on arrival would be a factor as well. On top of this, delivery, customs, theft and damages would be otheer issues to worry about!

Yes you will pay import duty...how much depends on the phase of the moon when it arrives in Thailand, and whether the customs offical dealing with it got his leg over his mai noi the night before....

If you know somebody coming to Thailand get them to hand carry if possible

I have not! However, why would you buy a guitar online and take the risk of buying something defective.

That is why I am asking, I want to hear from people who have done it, and their experience. I know a couple of good reliable stores, but also want to hear from people first hand.

The reason I consider buying online is that the things I am interested in, is not available here.

Guitars, travel with great difficulty. The temperature and pressure changes, affect the wood and the neck.

I have brought guitars over here myself, from my home, in Scandinavia, no problem what so ever, did not need to adjust anything at all.

Yes you will pay import duty...how much depends on the phase of the moon when it arrives in Thailand, and whether the customs offical dealing with it got his leg over his mai noi the night before....

Yes, it seems like the duty tax is quite high, that is why I want to hear from someone who has bought a guitar and got it shipped over here. I wanna hear about their experience.

Yes, it seems like the duty tax is quite high, that is why I want to hear from someone who has bought a guitar and got it shipped over here. I wanna hear about their experience.

Yes...exactly that, got a Martin sent over and was r*ped by customs, the second time someone hand carried, so my advice source locally for get someone to hand carry...

Yes...exactly that, got a Martin sent over and was r*ped by customs, the second time someone hand carried, so my advice source locally for get someone to hand carry...

Ok, this is what I want to know, your experience with the customs.

I hand carried all my Martins one at a time also my 5 string Banjo's, would never trust a shipper with something so valuable

My initial thought is the same, however, the more I research, it seems like it is more and more common to buy online, and there seldom seems to be a problem. However, most of these shipments, takes place in Europe and in the US.

Therefore I would like to know, if someone here, has experience with buying online and getting it shipped over here.

Ok, this is what I want to know, your experience with the customs.

and thats the experience...dont bother as you will most likely get screwed over and of course Rimmer's point is valid as well...if expensive hand carry...in my case it got here without damage to the actual guitar, but the certainly damaged my pocket...biggrin.png ....would never do something like that again

I brought my Gibson Les Paul over as hand luggage several years ago, the stewardesses put it in safe locker in flight, no problems at all. No questions from customs when I went through. I wouldn't advise anyone to get anything valuable shipped here, too much to go wrong, and as regular reader of this website knows, accountability and Thailand, aren't words used in the same sentence very often!

smile.png

• Like 1

I wouldn't advise anyone to get anything valuable shipped here, too much to go wrong, and as regular reader of this website knows, accountability and Thailand, aren't words used in the same sentence very often!

smile.png

Yeah, most people seems to think it is a bad idea to ship it here, that is why I want to ask if someone actually tried to ship a guitar, or if it is all based on rumors.

if you got it from samash, music123 etc etc you would probably spent quite abit. they don't list as gift and if they sent it by usps you are gonna get pretty upset. if you really do, send it here by ems, at least they dont give u some ridiculous tax

i had a pensa and few old orvilles sent in from home and online dealers, labelled as gift and by ems. tax is just afew hundred bahts each time. bought off a set of bareknucklers by usps, tax more than a grand

if you got it from samash, music123 etc etc you would probably spent quite abit. they don't list as gift and if they sent it by usps you are gonna get pretty upset. if you really do, send it here by ems, at least they dont give u some ridiculous tax

i had a pensa and few old orvilles sent in from home and online dealers, labelled as gift and by ems. tax is just afew hundred bahts each time. bought off a set of bareknucklers by usps, tax more than a grand

Do you play metal?

Edited by aehn

I shipped my 1965 Gibson here from Australia via DHL. I paid for door to door, at my specified address here [my workplace]. It cost a fortune. 14000 baht to ship and then the delivery person wanted 1800 for bringing it to the specified place of delivery that I'd already paid for. I paid. I did not hack him to pieces with a machete, nor did I break the guitar over his head. But I will never ever ship with DHL again in this life.

Just a reminder, detune your guitar before putting it in luggage. My Ovation arrived with a cracked neck. I glued it back together and it's still playing well after 3 years. Brought another one back this year. This time I remembered to do it. Temperature and pressure in cargo.

I have not! However, why would you buy a guitar online and take the risk of buying something defective. Guitars, travel with great difficulty. The temperature and pressure changes, affect the wood and the neck. String tension should be slack. The humidity on arrival would be a factor as well. On top of this, delivery, customs, theft and damages would be otheer issues to worry about!

lol, im gonna laugh about this all day.

I shipped my 1965 Gibson here from Australia via DHL. I paid for door to door, at my specified address here [my workplace]. It cost a fortune. 14000 baht to ship and then the delivery person wanted 1800 for bringing it to the specified place of delivery that I'd already paid for. I paid. I did not hack him to pieces with a machete, nor did I break the guitar over his head. But I will never ever ship with DHL again in this life.

That sounds horrible. Lucky though, the guitar neck wasn´t cracked, I mean, that would have been the ultimate horror story.

Just a reminder, detune your guitar before putting it in luggage. My Ovation arrived with a cracked neck.

Ahh, sorry to hear that. Did you pack it well? Did you have it in the original case?