Buy And Set Up Fta Satellite Tv

David006

Okay I am now in a state of google analysis paralysis..have a coms background but Chang has reduced my cognitive lobes methinks.

Seems there are a few local experts /experienced guys out there so here goes:

Currently have an IPM PM801 box with a 2m? dish receiving Thaicom2 and hence Thai content.

Now want to set up something which will give me access to as many English programming sources as possible. Wifey and I would like movies in Thai and/or English also.

Don't want to really know or try to relearn all the new technical stuff like sampling, encoding, bandwidths et al....want to just watch FTA TV!

So KISS....So what do I need? Recommendations:

Options utilizing present dish?

Type/size of dish,transponder(s), set top box(es) etc.?

Recommended satellite(s) ( I am in the south) ?

Is it mandatory advisable to buy a finder?

Another thread pointed to a supplier so will not source through our local vice grip and hammer guys.

Thanks for all and any help guys.sick.gif

For what you want your current set up is of not much use. The IPM box at a guess is not configurable as set up by the ipm network for their channels.

From your question, you'd want a moveable dish (all the fta content is spread over many satellites) along with c-band and ku-band lnb and a receiver on which it is easy to add transponders/channels as you find out about them (and has a built in dish positioner).

There is a lot of free content out there, even HD...

Look for the thread called "daily satellite tv updates" by member/sponsor jsat in this forum, and you'll see what's on the air and available using above described set-up.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Take a look at http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html This will show you all satellites avaliable in Thailand

but really best option is Iptv no need to spend a fortune on dish and receiver as the iptv box dont need just internet .

If you really want search the skys in Thailand really there is nothing up there apart from chinese and indian and japanese channels

as for English you are limited to TrueVision or Astro which will both cost you a fortune buy the time you ay install a dish and buy official receiver might awell save your time and effort and buy a decent iptv box .

My Asia Sat 3 is very limited with only Russia Today and Aljazzera as value. Muslim, and Chinese stations flood the screen. There ar no news and no English sports. How do I subscrie and pay for these good services such as Fox News and English Movies on Asia Sat 3.

Don

Thanks all...IPTV not an option in the boonies, looked up Truevisions and it is more expensive than Aus..2-3 kbt a month.!!

back to the drawing board...lol...Maybe buy additional transponder for Asia Sat and NSS2 ( any suggestions ?) as present IPM box seems quite flexible as to configuration..... maybe consider a motorized dish but not sure what it would give me........and e reader ..lol

Thanks again and for the links etc.

d

Can some of you who use IPTV post some experiences. I have 3bb (claims) 9 Mbps service.

IPTV, please don't take my post the wrong way. I'm simply looking for information.

Also how about getting ASN. I don't see that on maigetv. Mostly I'm interested in USA sports, (never watch football / soccer.)

IPTV is so new that nobody seems to have one.

Both 3BB and ToT are advertising their own services on top of their internet, but very little details about programming or languages.

I wouldn't be buying a new satellite system at this point in time for English language programmes ........ wait.

Both 3BB and ToT are advertising their own services on top of their internet, but very little details about programming or languages.

I wouldn't be buying a new satellite system at this point in time for English language programmes ........ wait.

I am bringing one out end of Aug to test outside Hua Hin so I will post mid September how it performs

I am bringing one out end of Aug to test outside Hua Hin so I will post mid September how it performs

I doubt IPTV will be an option in the boonies for a good while..current connection is less than 250kbs down and sometimes seizes up after about 5 gb download and has to be reconnected...even audio skype type connection don't work too well ...

I doubt IPTV will be an option in the boonies for a good while..current connection is less than 250kbs down and sometimes seizes up after about 5 gb download and has to be reconnected...even audio skype type connection don't work too well ...

3BB want an extra 200bht a month on the line, so there might be 'extra' dedicated bandwidth for their box.

There is a big difference in the iptv service offered by local companies (tot, 3bb) and iptv services coming in from overseas.

For the local providers you only need fast domestic internet, for the international ones you need fast intrnational access.

All isp's here have very good domestic speeds(usually very close to your actual line speed), but crappy international speeds.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

could anyone please explain, the difference between the Maige IPTV box and the Thai IPTV box?

What english channels are on iptv thai?

what english channels are on iptv maige? or what extra channels do you get on iptv maige?

Why do you need 5gbs for maige and only 2gbs for iptv thai?

I have vpn connection does this help with international connection?

There is a huge difference in price why?

Does the maige iptv get all the channels that is shown on iptv thai?

Please anyone know the answers?

Confused mouldy.