Queue For Toyota Hilux

AzarovDmitriy

Good evening.

A friend of mine has ordered a new Toyota HiLux 4 Doors 3.0 Diesel AT (price was 832 000 Baht) in Toyota Dealer Pattaya (Sukhumvit Road) 2 months ago.

When he was making the order he had to pay a deposit and he did It.

The deposit was 5 000 Baht.

But he has already bought a car and now he will lose his deposit.

Today he had a phone call from Toyota Dealer that he can get the car on Saturday.

If anyone wants to buy the car the friend of mine can give his queue to you.

Here is my email: (email removed as per forum rules)

If you want to buy the car and you do not want to wait, please write me.

With best regards

Dmitriy.

Edited by Rimmer
Please PM the memebr

Why did he lose his deposit? If you cancel, or change your mind and get another car, you get your deposit back. Maybe not immediately but unusual for a dealership to keep it. Is the dealership suggesting that if he gets someone to take the truck he no longer wants, only then they will refund the deposit?

The dealers in Pattaya are all <deleted>. They don't want to give you anything and act like they are doing you a favor to let you talk to them. I bought my new car in Bangkok and got ALL the extras I wanted - no questions asked... The dealer in Pattaya wouldn't even talk about more than 2 extras. VOTE WITH YOUR FEET and buy out of Pattaya. I sent an e-mail to all of the dealers for the car I wanted explaining exactly what extras I wanted. I received 3 replies from Bangkok dealers saying they could provide the extras I wanted. Easy, Painless and Happy not to give my money to the Pattaya <deleted> who don't want my business.

• Like 2

Bought my last 2 cars in Bangkok, with free extras, no waiting 2-3 months, good service!

I wanted to buy a car and get some info, like a brochure, to look at the model (as they did not have in shop) etc. answer...not have brochure mister, not have car to look at, Blah blah blah...not interested in talking, had the atitude if you dont like it, then tough!.

Went to Bangkok, got brochures, info, polite and respectful, got free extras, English translations of all the books, updated the GPS for me, delivered the car to my home...more than happy with them. Will not buy from these muppets in Pattaya as long as my arse points downwards!!

Please do not lump all car dealers together. K. Suchard, the boss at Honda north, has been thoughtful, polite, courteous and generous with extras for the 3 cars I have bought from him. Perfect English and arranges insurance, tax etc. Absolutely no complaints from me or fom several of my Honda-driving friends.

• Like 1

understand what your saying, but I went to to Honda garage next to Kasikorn bank 3 times for a brochure on the Honda accord, three times told not have, come back next week, so I did do, three times, asked where I could see a white 3.5V6 VCM, Bangkok, Chonburi? told not have, dont have in Thailand!!! which is bullshit on the Honda website http://honda.co.th/th/accord/honda-accord.html its priced at 2.95 million. When I told them that, they ignored me and said 'not make in Thailand'!!

So, you may have a good relationship with the manager but its his sales people we have to deal with, and I also know of 2 other people who have experienced the same thing.

Concerning the deposit, Yes, we had gone to Toyota Dealer, and we said that we changed our mind about buying the car.

We asked for them give back the deposit but they said that we supplied with the car on time and without any delay, So we are not going to give back the deposit.

No problem, the deposit is not so large sum, I just want to help someone who wants to buy the car right now.

With best regards Dmitriy

The great thing about being back in The States (one of a thousand great things about returning to the 21st century) is the 7.3 and 6.6 litre (dime a dozen) trucks I drive. The wife's little car has a 4.3 in it. The 3.5 Camry is like 700,000 baht here (almost 3 million baht in LOS). Fuel is cheaper, electronics is cheaper, clothing is cheaper (and a thousand times better quality), food is cheaper, land is cheaper, housing is cheaper, schools are cheaper, internet is cheaper (and 20X quicker).

We do miss the 5,000 baht per month nannys and of course; som tom.

" a new Toyota HiLux 4 Doors 3.0 Diesel AT "

A 3 litre on a full size truck? That's like a golf cart engine here. Definetly do not miss the 1.7 mil 2.0 litre baby camry.

understand what your saying, but I went to to Honda garage next to Kasikorn bank 3 times for a brochure on the Honda accord, three times told not have, come back next week, so I did do, three times, asked where I could see a white 3.5V6 VCM, Bangkok, Chonburi? told not have, dont have in Thailand!!! which is bullshit on the Honda website http://honda.co.th/t...nda-accord.html its priced at 2.95 million. When I told them that, they ignored me and said 'not make in Thailand'!!

So, you may have a good relationship with the manager but its his sales people we have to deal with, and I also know of 2 other people who have experienced the same thing.

we also had a bad experience in the showroom wife asked for brochure on cars, sales assistant got the right hump and was dead rude because the wife did not know what car we wanted !! thought it was there job to sell cars needles to say we walked out.

all in all that day i was not impressed with any of the dealers, no cars to look at, test drives not available who in there right mind is going to but a car without test drive long waiting lists, gave up in the end bought a used vios

The great thing about being back in The States (one of a thousand great things about returning to the 21st century) is the 7.3 and 6.6 litre (dime a dozen) trucks I drive. The wife's little car has a 4.3 in it. The 3.5 Camry is like 700,000 baht here (almost 3 million baht in LOS). Fuel is cheaper, electronics is cheaper, clothing is cheaper (and a thousand times better quality), food is cheaper, land is cheaper, housing is cheaper, schools are cheaper, internet is cheaper (and 20X quicker).

A 3 litre on a full size truck? That's like a golf cart engine here. Definetly do not miss the 1.7 mil 2.0 litre baby camry.

i think most countries have small engines in there motors its just you yanks with all that cheap fuel, trucks in the uk are all small engine same as here, have seen a few toyota tundras in loas i think they run a v8 dont think they are available here in los

I must say this waiting period crap MUST be artificially made to sell more cars.

I mean where else in the world do you have to wait for 1-6 months to get a car?blink.png , to make matters worse, cars are made in the very same country.

I can possibly understand the arrogance of Toyota and Isuzu who have the market here, but for the life of me can not understand the rest of the makers.

They could win the market over and make billions if they have all the models in stock, available for test drive and immediate delivery.

Please do not lump all car dealers together. K. Suchard, the boss at Honda north, has been thoughtful, polite, courteous and generous with extras for the 3 cars I have bought from him. Perfect English and arranges insurance, tax etc. Absolutely no complaints from me or fom several of my Honda-driving friends.

They don't make sought after trucks or SUV's. sad.png

Can you live a decent life on the west coast with 2000$ a month ? I've been thinking of moving to the states for fast internet, huge gym and good food..

Can you live a decent life on the west coast with 2000$ a month -

I've been away most of the last 5 years but I'd say it would be like living in TH on about 30,000 a month, which sounds like alot but if you count every spend it adds up quickly. European beer in the States is about $ 8 - $9 a six, can get a 12 pack of bottles like Warsteiner on sale for $ 12 - $ 14 sometimes but not often. Rent, of course depends but even Florida, anything below about $ 750 a month is gonna be rough, although you prob get a 2 BR apartment for $ 750 that is OK.

The West coast on $ 2000, very hard, especially if you don't speak Spanish. The $ 750 Florida Apt would be about $ 1400.

Hope you don't smoke but if you do, over $ 5 everywhere and big lib states like NY and CA, probably $ 8.

Edited by SunSeek01