Snakes In The Garden

ajarnpot

I'm getting into the car in the early hours and don't see the buggers.

How do you know there are snakes, if you don't see them? blink.png

that is the way when you have a snake-phobia.

They are all hiding in the dark...they only wait for the moment you aren't alert and than they attack.....

• Like 1

Because he is an all knowing Ajarn ?

As regards his request for a decent snake repellant....easy its called a big stick and dont forget to buy your anti-venom kit and your night vision goggles so you can see the little buggers in the dark..whistling.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

There is a yellow powder that is used as a snake deterrent. Unfortunately, I've no idea what it is but if you ask a Thai I'm sure they will be able to tell you.

Just walk slowly and stamp your feet as you go, and the snakes should make a sharp exit. They're as frightened of us as we are of them.

There is a yellow powder that is used as a snake deterrent. Unfortunately, I've no idea what it is but if you ask a Thai I'm sure they will be able to tell you.

It is sulfur, but went it rains it is washed away. Be very careful how you use it.

Win

that is the way when you have a snake-phobia.

They are all hiding in the dark...they only wait for the moment you aren't alert and than they attack.....

Down the back of the sofa; up beyond the U-bend; in the slats under the mattress; curled up in the refrigerator condenser; sleeping inside your trousers; curled up in the foot of your boot...

It pays to be cautious....

Snake - D. H. Lawrence

A snake came to my water-trough

On a hot, hot day, and I in pyjamas for the heat,

To drink there.

In the deep, strange-scented shade of the great dark carob-tree

I came down the steps with my pitcher

And must wait, must stand and wait, for there he was at the trough before

me.

He reached down from a fissure in the earth-wall in the gloom

And trailed his yellow-brown slackness soft-bellied down, over the edge of

the stone trough

And rested his throat upon the stone bottom,

And where the water had dripped the tap, in a small clearness,

He sipped with his straight mouth,

Softly drank through his straight gums, into his slack long body,

Silently.

Someone was before me at my water-trough,

And I, like a second comer, waiting...

& et al & etc.

As F1fanatic says, walk heavily and create vibration, most snakes will get out of your way. Take them by surprise and they may attack, but if they are aware of your presence, they will avoid you. I've come across hundreds of snakes when working in the garden and only ever had one rear up, but that was because it was cornered. Still, it only threatened and when I backed off it moved away.

There are a lot of snakes in Thailand, yet I am unaware of 1 person that has died or even got sick by being bitten by a snake.

If you are prepared to drive on Thailand's roads, why be scared of snake? Guess what you are more likely to die from, a snake bite or road accident?

• Like 1

As F1fanatic says, walk heavily and create vibration, most snakes will get out of your way. Take them by surprise and they may attack, but if they are aware of your presence, they will avoid you. I've come across hundreds of snakes when working in the garden and only ever had one rear up, but that was because it was cornered. Still, it only threatened and when I backed off it moved away.

There are a lot of snakes in Thailand, yet I am unaware of 1 person that has died or even got sick by being bitten by a snake.

If you are prepared to drive on Thailand's roads, why be scared of snake? Guess what you are more likely to die from, a snake bite or road accident?

So long as you shake your trousers before you put them on...

So long as you shake your trousers before you put them on...

Only some women are scared of the farang trouser snake :D

I have noticed that when there's no Frogs, Gecko's or lizards in my garden there's usually a snake or 2 lurking around somewhere...in the last 4 year I've removed (never too return) ...................1 King Cobra. 1 Spectacled Cobra, 6 Malayan Pit Viper, 2 Green Pit viper., 4 baby Pythons and I've lost count of the Golden tree snakes ..

I am afraid it's just a fact of life living in Thailand

Same Same here.........plenty of snakes.

I just trudge around like a baby chang (elephant) and I am usually full of it too...........chang.

Get a dog........mine lets me know when a snake is about.

whistling.gif MY IDIOT Ridgebacks not, even when one of my many visitors was praying at them when I came home one evening. They seems to love animals as much as I do................. clap2.gif

Something about dogs, have two, one is a snake killer, the other couldn't care less.The one, killed a 4ft. snake a couple months ago.My wife took it to the neighbor who had a fine dinner.

Something about dogs, have two, one is a snake killer, the other couldn't care less.The one, killed a 4ft. snake a couple months ago.My wife took it to the neighbor who had a fine dinner.

aroi? Python tastes like eel.

.....more like frog or chicken, but edible for sure. licklips.gif

There are some plants that Snakes don't like, many people die every year in Thailand because of snake bites , treat all snakes as dangerous. I always walk heavy when in the Jungle. (Bing), Leaches are a bigger problem, you cannot hear them when they bite,