(What Seems Like A) Sexpat Has A Go At Some Holidaymakers

eek

Well then you mariied into one dumb family. Assets of 50k up to their necks in 500k debt?? what did they spend it on?? let me guess tv, karaoke machines dvd?

Enough of the personal attacks, I used my wife's family as example to clarify things for another poster, no need to personalise the debate.

And you don't consider your previous post a personal attack on me? (#357 and #361)

If you don't like personal attacks, maybe you should stop making them!

Every other post you make across the whole forum is a personal attack.

PS

If your posting history is so great why only 314 likes out of 7,800 posts?

Where my posting history gives me 661 likes out of 1,800 posts.

You many not like my posting history, but it appears many other forum members do.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then you mariied into one dumb family. Assets of 50k up to their necks in 500k debt?? what did they spend it on?? let me guess tv, karaoke machines dvd?

Enough of the personal attacks, I used my wife's family as example to clarify things for another poster, no need to personalise the debate.

wasn't meant as a personal attack just an observation. Anyone who borrows 10 times their total assets is dumb. Just as much as anyone who lends that type of cash to someone with minimal assets is dumb.

wasn't meant as a personal attack just an observation. Anyone who borrows 10 times their total assets is dumb. Just as much as anyone who lends that type of cash to someone with minimal assets is dumb.

OK, but you see that in itself is a large part of the problem we're dealing with here, it's that "dumbness" that leads to the eighteen year old girls working in Nana etc. If you can accept that part I think it becomes more apparent how and why they do as they do and that working in Ronalds' House is not really an option, yes?

OK, but you see that in itself is a large part of the problem we're dealing with here, it's that "dumbness" that leads to the eighteen year old girls working in Nana etc. If you can accept that part I think it becomes more apparent how and why they do as they do and that working in Ronalds' House is not really an option, yes?

No your confusing dumbness with laziness

• Like 1

Trust me, I'm not, but your answer doesn't really fit what I described - the "dumbness" I talked about is on the part of the parents who borrowed poorly and where the children assume the responsibility for the repayment of that debt, that's hardly laziness, it's actually quite motivated, misguided perhaps but motivated.

Trust me, I'm not, but your answer doesn't really fit what I described - the "dumbness" I talked about is on the part of the parents who borrowed poorly and where the children assume the responsibility for the repayment of that debt, that's hardly laziness, it's actually quite motivated, misguided perhaps but motivated.

I agree with that statement. But what parent would let their daughter sell her body and get passed around as a piece of meat in the first place? And before any body says it...The parents know

And you don't consider your previous post a personal attack on me? (#357 and #361)

PS

You many not like my posting history, but it appears many other forum members do.

And I'm not surprised that you can't figure out the reasosn for your late comming PS comments either.

I agree with that statement. But what parent would let their daughter sell her body and get passed around as a piece of meat in the first place? And before any body says it...The parents know

Yep, and I don't have an answer for that part although I know other posters will come along shortly and tell us that it has to do with the Buhdist religon, I've had people try to explain it to me previously but I've never really grasped the concept.

And that seems like a suitable point to bring a seriously disrailed discussion to a close don't you think, I mean, we're so far off the OP I'm surprised that Eek hasn't yelled at us, bless her :). On that basis I don't think I can add anything further so I'm out.

Edited by chiang mai

And that seems like a suitable point to bring a seriously disrailed discussion to a close don't you think, I mean, we're so far off the OP I'm surprised that Eek hasn't yelled at us, bless her smile.png. On that basis I don't think I can add anything further so I'm out.

Thank god.

Yep, and I don't have an answer for that part although I know other posters will come along shortly and tell us that it has to do with the Buhdist religon, I've had people try to explain it to me previously but I've never really grasped the concept.

And that seems like a suitable point to bring a seriously disrailed discussion to a close don't you think, I mean, we're so far off the OP I'm surprised that Eek hasn't yelled at us, bless her smile.png. On that basis I don't think I can add anything further so I'm out.

I wouldn't think you need to be a Rhodes scholar to know that it is for one reason. Money.

PS

Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.

All it really shows is that there are more men on this forum who share your boorish views and perspectives on women and Thailand.

That's not a good thing

• Like 2

PS

All it really shows is that there are more men on this forum who share your boorish views and perspectives on women and Thailand.

That's not a good thing

Not talking about women in Thailand. Talking about prostitutes.

That's not a good thing

Not talking about women in Thailand. Talking about prostitutes.

Yeah I realise that but when so many forum contributors find it difficult to distinguish between the two and roll out that time-honoured maxim, "You end up paying for it one way or the other" so regularly, there's little point in splitting hairs . . . regardless of where the women are from.

Stop this tradition of sending money to parents. It only makes them lazy and want more materialistic things.

It's a legal requirement. From the Civil Code:

"Section 1563. Children are bound to maintain their parents"

There is no social security to speak of in Thailand, kids are it.

There is a contributory social security system for retirement in place, for Thai's.

But you have to pay into it to get something, unlike the Western models that cover everyone. In the US you have to work about a couple of months a year for 7 years I think, then you qualify from your 60's to your death for government dole.

I just think it's a bit harsh for people who won the birth lottery to be looking down on people from a very poor region of a developing country. So many farang here could not even make it in their home country with all the advantages yet still have plenty of energy to look down at Thais.

• Like 1

Stop this tradition of sending money to parents. It only makes them lazy and want more materialistic things.

There is a contributory social security system for retirement in place, for Thai's.

But you have to pay into it to get something, unlike the Western models that cover everyone. In the US you have to work about a couple of months a year for 7 years I think, then you qualify from your 60's to your death for government dole.

I just think it's a bit harsh for people who won the birth lottery to be looking down on people from a very poor region of a developing country. So many farang here could not even make it in their home country with all the advantages yet still have plenty of energy to look down at Thais.

Not looking down at Thais, looking down at prostitutes.

In the US you have to work for at least 40 quarters to be elligible and the amount you are paid at retirement age is based on earnings up to that date, 40 quarters is however the entry level.

Re: "likes": click on your profile or hold the cursor over your name.

Farang 000999 said " But when farang make these comments, they do so with an air of superiority.

Bloody right I think I am superior to a prostitute, and so do all Thais not in this business!!

where is the "dislike" button?

Unless things have changed substantially in the last few years, it'd be a rare thing to find an 18 yo in Nana Plaza.

You might be thinking of the Thai schoolgirls that sell sex to Thai businessmen to buy all the "toys" that they want!

Unless things have changed substantially in the last few years, it'd be a rare thing to find an 18 yo in Nana Plaza.

You might be thinking of the Thai schoolgirls that sell sex to Thai businessmen to buy all the "toys" that they want!

Sixteen. eighteen, Nana, Soi Cowboy, or wherever, it's all the same, personally haven't been to Nana for many years other than to say hi to a couple of old friends but can absoutely guarantee that some bars have what I describe. Some older posters may know Dom of Hogs Breath fame of old, since leaving HB he moved across the plaza to manage a similar joint for many years now and his recruiting pattern remains the same, all young girls from within a five mile radius of his village outside Surin, ditto his counterparts in various bars in different locations.

I think he probably objects to your belief that you're somehow "better" than another human being simply by virtue of the fact you're not a sex worker.

Frankly, I do too.

I share that belief, although the other way around. People doing the actual work are higher on my scale then people complaining about it. They bring far more pleasure into this world tongue.png

There's another really useful thread that has just been started that contains a table of richest to poorest provinces in Thailand, it's well worth a look for those doubting the issue of poverty in Issan. The thread and the table are here:

Unfortunately some of them are sacrificing themselves for there children.

This statement just doesn't hold up.

It's the classic line continually used by the "anti-sex tourism" lobby, who frankly (like the Western girls in the video) get suckered by it time after time..

What about the mothers "sacrificing" themselves breaking their backs working 12 hour shifts in factories, on farms, on building sites etc?

• Like 1