Words Of Warning Job Applications

If applying for a post in Thailand and do not have a Thai name ( read farang name ) be very sure to who you are sending the application .

Do some research try to find the boss and get a CV to them .

Many HRD staff (Thai )will filter non thai applications and file them in the bin or the bottom draw remember often opening the post is a menial clerical job .

Even hand delivered CV`s can be diverted and the Boss is non the wiser . This also happening other Asian countries for all sorts of reasons .. example Bangladesh... christians / buddists often find it difficult to even get application forms .

I always use my direct email address specially set up for this purpose when advertising for job applicants it is amazing how many people respond by saying it is the first time they have had a response negative or otherwise .

My own experience with company I work for as GM. Operations was three CV copies Post / Email / Hand Carry all failed to get to the boss ...I finally reached the boss and got the interview one day later and started work the next day ...I never did pindown the culprit(s) YET ! .

Does this ring any bells ???