72-Year-Old Briton Found Dead In Chon Buri, Police Suspect He Was Killed

webfact

72-year-old Briton found dead in Chon Buri house

The Nation

CHON BURI: -- A 72-year-old Briton was found dead Monday afternoon in Sattaheep district of this eastern coastal province, police said.

David Farrel's body was found on the first floor of the house in Ban Bang Sare Market at 2:30 pm. Police believed he was killed two days earlier.

There was a serious wound on his left temple and his body had several bruises.

There were blood traces on the stairs and the wall of the three-storey house.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-30

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Englishman found dead at his Sattahip home, Police suspect murder

SATTAHIP:--An English retired Real Estate Agent died in suspicious circumstances at his house in Bang Saray on Monday afternoon.

An American “friend” is now being sought by Police in connection with the death which Police suspect may be murder. The body of Mr. David Farrell aged 72 was discovered on the ground floor of his house located at The Cottages Estate by his former Thai Wife, Khun Goranit aged 33 who was concerned that she was unable to contact her Husband for three days.

Mr. Farrell is thought to have died at least 2 days prior to the discovery. Khun Goranit revealed how he was encountering problems with the American, known only as Mr. Alan who is thought to be a professional boxer. Police examined the body of Mr. Farrell and found a wound to his left temple, his nose was bleeding and bruises were seen across his upper-body. It was also noted that he was naked and blood stains were seen on the walls of the first floor and stairs. On the third floor of the house evidence of a major disturbance were seen which suggests the altercation began there and culminated on the ground floor.

There appeared to be nothing missing from the house, according to Khun Goranit who confirmed the pair were married for 6 years and had one daughter aged 3 years.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/59743/englishman-dead-sattahip-home-police-suspect-murder/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-07-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I see there is another news headline on TV that states "Transport Ministry expects Suvarnabhumi Airport to be overcrowded in 4 years". Not with foreigners if they've got any sense - given the continued escalation of deaths in this sector.

• Like 1

Any mention that he had a wife?

Yes an ex wife 40 years his junior. But the fact that she is ex probably means she wont get a thing.But there is a child too.. maybe she hoped the child would get some money.(speculation of course)

Thailand is a great place to be in, but, unfortunately, it's also dangerous and full of corruption.

Sounds like everyplace I have every lived. Thailand is a breath of fresh air (depends on the winds), compared to where I live. I live in a relatively safe place, but the cities and suburbs in some towns, people are getting robbed and killed all the time.

And it wasn't Thais doing the killing, but some falangs.

R I P We all need to pause and reflect on life that is so fleeting.

fleeting??--well he was 72 NOT 22.........

Just the point! Aren't you striving to live to 100 too??